SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS
These savory muffins burst with the Mediterranean flavors of olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Grated Parmesan adds even more texture and flavor.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular size muffin cups, or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat milk, oil and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, 1/4 cup cheese, the basil, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold in tomatoes and olives. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be almost full). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 300 mg
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS
Mom served these muffins instead of bread or buns. Now I make them to serve with soup or chili. - Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese and tomatoes., Fill 12 greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 277mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND COTTAGE CHEESE MUFFINS (VEGETARIAN)
From *Vegetarian Supercook* by Rose Elliot ("an accomplished UK-based cookbook author who focuses on vegetarian recipes") comes this unique & tempting muffin recipe. The intro contained a wealth of info: "Not only does their cottage cheese & grd almond base make them a smarter way to start the day, but the combo of tomatoes, cheese & basil baking in a hot oven makes your kitchen smell like a pizzeria. The texture here isn't attempting to emulate traditional flour-based muffins. These are much moister, less bready & more quiche-like." *Enjoy* !
Provided by twissis
Yield 9 Muffins, 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a muffin pan w/9 med-sized paper baking cups.
- Mix cottage cheese in a bowl w/all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese + the remaining ingredients. Season w/salt as desired.
- Spoon mixture into muffing cups (3/4 full), scatter w/remaining Parmesan & bake for 30-35 min or till set, risen & golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- VERSATILITY BONUS: The recipe intro also shared the following: "In place of the sun-dried tomatoes, there are countless other ways to flavor the cheese & nut base batter including: 1) Chopped olives w/lemon zest & chopped herbs, 2) Sauteed chopped mushrooms & fresh thyme, 3) Chopped chipotles & adobo sauce, 4) Roasted garlic, pesto & toasted pine nuts and 5) Sauteed chopped potatoes & rosemary. :-).
CORN, CHEDDAR, AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS
Three of my favorite foods bound together in yumminess. I like to halve the muffins, toast them and then spread lots of butter on them
Provided by Mirj2338
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions and toss well.
- Whisk together the warm milk, melted butter, oil, and egg in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together just until a soft dough forms.
- (Be careful not to overmix the dough.) Fill the prepared muffin cups to the rim with batter.
- Bake until the tops start to brown slightly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
More about "herb sun dried tomato muffins recipes"
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA MUFFINS - LE PETIT OEUF
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND ROASTED CAPSICUM MUFFINS - HEALTHY FOOD
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO AND CHEESE MUFFINS RECIPES - YUMMLY
MEDITERRANEAN SAVOURY MUFFINS - RECIPETIN EATS
SUN DRIED TOMATO SAVORY MUFFINS - TODAY'S CREATIVE LIFE
Reviews 2Category Breads & MuffinsServings 12Total Time 33 mins
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. If you're using garlic powder, add it to the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and olive oil, and add to your flour bowl mixture and stir until moistened.
SWEET TEA AND CORNBREAD: SUNDRIED TOMATO & HERB MUFFINS!
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SUN DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS | RECIPE | MUFFINS, SUN DRIED …
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS | RECIPE | SUN DRIED TOMATO, …
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES WITH AROMATIC HERBS
SAVOURY MUFFINS WITH SPINACH, SUNDRIED TOMATOES AND FETA CHEESE
SAVOURY SUN-DRIED TOMATO & HERB BREAKFAST MUFFINS - ORGRAN
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
MEDITERRANEAN MUFFINS: CHEESY HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO AND CHEESE MUFFINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS – COOKING AND CRAFT SCHOOL
SUN-DRIED TOMATO HERB MUFFINS - BIGOVEN.COM
MARY BERRY FAST CHEESY HERB MUFFINS RECIPE | QUICK COOKING BBC 2
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS | RECIPE | RECIPES, NUT FREE …
SAVORY HERB MUFFINS - SUNFLOUR
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
SAVORY SUN DRIED TOMATO CORN MUFFINS - BELLA SUN LUCI
SUN DRIED TOMATO SAVORY MUFFINS | RECIPE | BEER CHEESE BREAD …
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS | KOOLS FAMILY FAVORITES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO HERB MUFFINS - RECIPELUXURY.COM
RECIPES – MORNINGSUN HERB FARM
SAVORY OLIVE AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS - RECIPE - SPICE TREKKERS
SUN-DRIED TOMATO, SPINACH & OLIVE MUFFINS - VEGAN RECIPE
HERB & SUN-DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN - AVERIE COOKS
SUN DRIED TOMATO EGG MUFFINS - BELLA SUN LUCI
EGG CUPS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND SPINACH - LIFE MADE SWEETER
SAVOURY SUN-DRIED TOMATO & OLIVE MUFFINS - PICK UP LIMES
SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA - THE RECIPE REBEL [VIDEO]
DRIED TOMATO MUFFINS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make tomato muffins with sun dried tomatoes?1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped. Set oven for 375° and grease your muffin tin. Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. If you're using garlic powder, add it to the flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and olive oil, and add to your flour bowl mixture and stir until moistened.
What is your best muffin recipe to make at home?— Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese and tomatoes. Fill 12 greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
What can I add to tomato muffins to make them taste better?This Sun Dried Tomato Savory Muffins Recipe is very forgiving allowing you some versatility. You can add more flavors to the mix, like kalamata, green or regular olives, or maybe a different blend of cheeses. Play around with different herbs, adding rosemary, basil or oregano. Whenever I make these, I will throw in a mixture of cheeses.
What are savory muffins?Savory muffins are the opposite of sweet. We tend to think of muffins as a sweet cake-like treat. Savory muffins and quick breads, like my Garlic Cheese Beer Bread or this Savory Caprese Bread, use ingredients like spices, herbs, cheese etc… This Sun Dried Tomato Savory Muffins Recipe is very forgiving allowing you some versatility.