CHEESE RYE APPETIZERS
"I enjoy serving this hors d'oeuvre at family gatherings. It can be mixed ahead of time, refrigerated, and then spread on bread and baked at the last minute. Even kids like it." -Joyce Dykstra, Lansing, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 160mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CHEESE AND OLIVE BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together butter and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Mix in garlic powder and onion powder. Then stir in cheese and olives. Spread mixture evenly over French bread, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Increase heat to broil, and cook until cheese melts and bread is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399.1 calories, Carbohydrate 34.1 g, Cholesterol 51.2 mg, Fat 23.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 13.9 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 742.3 mg, Sugar 2 g
CHEESY RYE BREAD
Cheddar cheese is a flavorful addition to these country-style loaves. It's a fun change from plain rye bread.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 loaves (6 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, cornmeal and salt to a boil; stir until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and molasses. Cool to room temperature. , In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the cornmeal mixture, rye flour and 1 cup all purpose flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a stiff dough., Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours., Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead cheese cubes into the dough. Divide into three portions; shape each portion into a 5-in. round loaf. , Sprinkle greased baking sheets with cornmeal. Place loaves on prepared pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. , Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 371mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
RYE CHEESE TOAST WITH GARLIC
- Preheat broiler. Toast bread lightly then place on baking sheet. Lightly butter Toast and sprinkle evenly with cheese, garlic powder and sweet paprika.
- Broil until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool one minute and serve with pickles.
CHEESY GRILLED CHEESE
This is my version of the best grilled cheese inspired by a local restaurant in DC. Rye bread is broiled with three types of cheese then pressed together to make a masterpiece of a hot sandwich.
Provided by ABIGAIL457
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, and place butter side down on a baking sheet. Place cheese slices on top of each piece of bread.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown. Remove from the oven, and press the two pieces of bread together cheese to cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 554.9 calories, Carbohydrate 32.2 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 35.7 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 21.8 g, Sodium 1082.4 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
OLIVE CHEESE BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roughly chop both the black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice the green onions into thin pieces.
- Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
More about "cheesy rye bread recipes"
10 BEST CHEESE RYE BREAD APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLY PERFECT HOMEMADE CHEESE BREAD - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
5/5 (89)Calories 237 per servingCategory Bread
- In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, salt and sugar* together. (Tip: If measuring your flour in cups, without a scale, hold back 1 cup to add as needed later). *If you're using honey or agave, add with the liquid ingredients instead.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine the water and buttermilk and whisk in the yeast until dissolved. Add this mixture, along with the melted butter, to the dry ingredients. Mix by hand or with a dough hook, until the mixture is combined, about 2 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Continue mixing the dough, adding more flour or water, as needed, until the dough becomes soft, smooth and tacky, but not sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes, then form dough into a ball. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and either refrigerate for up to 4 days, or allow to sit at room temperature until doubled in size (about 60-90 minutes). (*Tip: I like to use an 8-cup glass measuring cup, so it's easy to see when it's doubled by the markings).
CHEWY SEMOLINA RYE BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.5/5 (56)Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsServings 1Calories 104 per serving
- In a large bowl, or in the bucket of your bread machine, combine all of the dough ingredients., Mix, then knead — by hand, mixer or bread machine — until you've made a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
- Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 1 hour., Gently deflate the dough, and shape it into a round or oval loaf; place the loaf on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Or shape the dough into an 8" log, and place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" bread pan., Cover the loaf with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let it rise until it's very puffy, about 60 to 90 minutes.
CHEESY PARMESAN RYE COCKTAIL PARTY BITES - 4 SONS 'R' US
4.1/5 (47)Total Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 130 per serving
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the slices of cocktail bread evenly out over it, in a single layer.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the oregano, to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir to evenly combine.
- Place the pan in the oven, under a hot, broiler and watch the slices carefully. Cook until the cheese is golden brown on top, and the mixture's 'puffed' a bit. Do not leave them unattended as they will go from perfect to burnt quickly.
INDIVIDUAL GARLIC CHEESE BREADS (SINGLE SERVE RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Spray a small baking sheet/tray with cooking oil spray. Place bread on the tray and spread all over with butter, then spread on the minced garlic. Sprinkle evenly with salt, parsley, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
MOM'S CHEESY BREAD APPETIZERS - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
Reviews 18Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Grate the cheese, butter, and hard boiled eggs into thick shreds either by hand or in a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble appetizers: Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread the cocktail rye bread with some of the cheese spread. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and bread is slightly toasted. Let cool for a minute and move to a serving plate.
CHEESY RYE PIZZA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 3 hrs 40 mins
- Prepare the Dough: Whisk together yeast, 1/4 cup of the warm water, and 1/4 cup of the rye flour in a small bowl. Let stand until bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Sift together bread flour, salt, ground caraway seeds, and remaining 1/2 cup rye flour. Place yeast mixture, flour mixture, oil, and remaining 1/2 cup warm water in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, and beat on medium speed until dough is smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides occasionally.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to grease top, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place (80ºF), free from drafts, until doubled in size, 2 to 3 hours. Punch down dough (can be refrigerated at this point and taken out of fridge for second rising when ready to use), re-cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 40 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Place a pizza stone in oven. Place dough on a floured work surface. Roll to a 14-inch circle. Sprinkle stone with cornmeal. Place dough on stone. Prick liberally with a fork. Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes.
CHEESY PULL APART BREAD APPETIZER - MY HUMBLE HOME AND GARDEN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHEESY COCKTAIL RYE BREAD RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 349 per serving
CHEESY RYE BREAD | RECIPE | BREAD, BREAD RECIPES, RYE ...
DILL RYE BREAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
CHEESY COCKTAIL RYE BREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CHEESY RYE BREAD RECIPES
10 BEST MINI RYE BREAD APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST RYE BREAD RECIPES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHEESY RYE BREAD RECIPE
CHEESY RYE BREAD RECIPE RECIPE
HANKY PANKY RECIPE - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
CHEESY RYE BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make cheese rye?Even kids like it.” —Joyce Dykstra, Lansing, Illinois Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Can you make party bread with Parmesan Rye?Party bread’s the perfect thing to make the base of a bite sized appetizer. Add a creamy, melted cheese topping & some seasonings to create these irresistible Cheesy Parmesan Rye Cocktail Party Bites. Appetizers are always all the rage around my house.
What kind of bread to make with rye flour?The nutty flavor of our Organic Medium Rye Flour lends itself beautifully to breads of all sorts. When it’s time to make sandwich bread or you have a hankering for a crusty artisan boule, try rye.
How do you make French bread with cheese?Directions. Slice the green onions into thin pieces. Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.