HG'S KICKIN' CRANBERRY SAUCE - WW POINTS = 1
This recipe was in an email today for Thanksgiving recipes from Hungry Girl: Dab or pile this stuff on top of your turkey. Or just eat it plain! (There's so much good fruit in here, we wouldn't blame you.) P.S. For quick day-of assembly, start this off the day before... PER SERVING (1/3 cup): 63 calories, 1g fat, 20mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS. value 1
Provided by senseicheryl
Yield 12 bowls, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium pot, combine cranberries, Splenda, and sugar with 1 3/4 cups water. Set stove to medium heat, cover pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes, uncovering to stir occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small dish, combine gelatin with 1/4 cup cold water, stir well and set aside.
- Turn off heat and stir in gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved and thoroughly combined. Stir in cinnamon and apples and mix well. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours (overnight is best).
- Once chilled and set, remove mixture from the fridge and give it a good stir. Drain juice from the can of orange segments. Roughly chop orange segments and drain any excess liquid from them. Slightly crush almonds so that they break into smaller pieces. Add chopped orange segments and almond pieces to the cranberry sauce, and mix thoroughly. Serve with lean turkey, pork, or chicken, or anything else you like cranberries with!
CLASSIC CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, 1 1/2 cups water and the lemon and orange zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cranberry sauce to a bowl and refrigerate until cold and thickened but still saucy, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.
CRANBERRY SAUCE CHICKEN I
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange chicken in an 11x17 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, soup mix, salad dressing, sugar and ground black pepper. Mix well and spoon mixture over chicken.
- Cover dish and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 433.1 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries and simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries just pop, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in zest, then cool.
CRANBERRY SAUCE II
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together cranberries, sugar and water. Cover the mixture with wax paper and microwave on high power until the cranberries pop (about 7 minutes). Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.4 calories, Carbohydrate 37.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.8 mg, Sugar 34.8 g
CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE - WEIGHT WATCHERS
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a Weight Watchers magazine. It is a 1 point value. You can make this up to a week ahead if you like. 1/4 cup is a serving.
Provided by internetnut
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine all the ingredients in a large nonaluminum saucepan; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop, 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely; remove and discard the zest. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cooks Tip: The zest is the rind of the orange, without the bitter white pith beneath. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest in strips and scrape off any pith with a small sharp knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.2, Fat 0.1, Sodium 1.1, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 14, Protein 0.3
CRANBERRY HOT WINGS
Chicken wings get special treatment from cranberry sauce, a little citrus and a touch of hot sauce in this no-fuss recipe. The wings are a tangy way to heat up a winter night. -Robin Haas, Cranston, Rhode Island
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted., Meanwhile, cut wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip sections. Place wings on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally., Transfer wings to slow cooker; toss to coat. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until tender. Serve with dressing and celery.
Nutrition Facts : Fat 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37 mg cholesterol, Sodium 159 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16 g carbohydrate, Fiber 1 g fiber, Protein 12 g protein.
More about "hgs kickin cranberry sauce ww points 1 recipes"
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE | WW POINTS - SKINNY …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory Appetizer, Side DishCalories 105 per serving
2 EASY RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH …
THANKSGIVING CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - 1 POINT | LAALOOSH
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HG'S KICKIN' CRANBERRY SAUCE - WW POINTS = 1 RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HGS KICKIN CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - WW POINTS = 2 RECIPE - QUICK …
0 SMART POINTS SUGAR-FREE CRANBERRY SAUCE - RECIPE DIARIES
THE CHEW: CRANBERRY SAUCE TWO WAYS - FOODUS
OUR FAVORITE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
EASY SUGAR FREE CRANBERRY SAUCE - OUR WABI SABI LIFE
WILD CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - HUNTER ANGLER GARDENER COOK
KICKIN' CRANBERRY SAUCE - MY RECIPE MAGIC
WEIGHT WATCHERS CRANBERRY SAUCE - MIDLIFE HEALTHY LIVING
SEARCHABLE RECIPE DATABASE - HG KICKIN' CRANBERRY SAUCE
KICKIN' CRANBERRY SAUCE - EFUZZBALL
WEIGHT WATCHERS CRANBERRY RECIPES 1 - LAALOOSH
KICKIN’ CRANBERRY COSMO RECIPE - HUNGRY GIRL
14 DELICIOUS THINGS TO DO WITH LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH WHISKEY - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
CRANBERRY SAUCE SWIRL POUND CAKE - AHEAD OF THYME
HG CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN 29D
WORLD'S BEST CRANBERRY SAUCE - JO COOKS
CRANBERRY SAUCE - BAD MANNERS
HG'S KICKIN' CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - WW POINTS = 2
THE BEST ORANGE CRANBERRY SAUCE - SUSTAINABLE COOKS
KICKIN' CRANBERRY COSMO RECIPE
CRANBERRY-SAUCED SAUSAGES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
KICKIN CHICKEN WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
THE BEST CRANBERRY SAUCE | READY IN 15 MINUTES! - MOM ON TIMEOUT
WEIGHT WATCHERS CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE - SIMPLE NOURISHED LIVING
CRANBERRY-GRAPE SAUCE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
POACHED PEARS WITH CHOCOLATE-CRANBERRY SAUCE | HEALTHY RECIPES
19 GREAT CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES FOR THANKSGIVING | EPICURIOUS
CRANBERRY SAUCE - HEALTHY CANNING
CHOCOLATE-CRANBERRY TART | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cranberry sauce?Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. 2. Stir in the cranberries and mix well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and boil gently for 7 to 10 minutes until all berries pop. 3. Chill until ready to use. The cranberry sauce will thicken as it chills. This can be made several days in advance.
Is cranberry sauce good for Thanksgiving?It is a shame that fresh cranberries are only out in the stores only one time of year. I love using cranberry sauce in other recipes and it is not only for Thanksgiving.
What is the best cranberry sauce for pulled pork?I’ve used jellied and whole-berry cranberry sauce, and both are equally delicious. —Heather Bates, Athens, Maine Cranberry sauce adds a yummy twist to pulled pork, and my family can't get enough of it! The pork cooks to tender perfection in the slow cooker, which also makes this dish conveniently portable.
Is there a sugar free cranberry sauce that calls for Truvia?This sugar-free cranberry sauce calls for Truvia. If you have never used many sugar substitutes out there than you can join me in my quest to make baked goods taste like the real thing this next year. Sugar-free cranberry sauce is just like making a regular cranberry sauce recipe.