HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE "VENISON"
I am always looking for new things to do with my deer meat. I found a Hot Italian Sausage recipe and altered it for venison. You can use it in any recipe that calls for hot Italian Sausage. It will give your pasta that little extra kick.
Provided by Chef Kirk T
Yield 4 pounds, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix meats together.
- In a seperate container mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine meat and spices, mix thoroughly.
- Add water.
- Can be used right away, but for best results, put it into an air tight container and set in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Can be stuffed into Medium Casings or used in bulk form depending on your recipe.
- In a large metal bowl, mix sugar, mustard seed, garlic, salt, and pepper with pork and venison. When ingredients are well mixed, grind the meat mixture in a meat grinder. Put the ground meat into a mechanical sausage stuffer. Be sure to push all of the air out of stuffer so there are no air pockets in the sausages. Fill pork casing with ground meat. When casing is filled entirely, find the center of the sausage and fold and pinch in 1/2 on a table. Pinch and twist into sausage links 2 at a time, pulling the "leg" of the sausage through the center each time a twist is made.
- Hang sausage in a smoke house or put sausage in a smoker for approximately 8 to 12 hours.
HOMEMADE VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE
We really like this recipe. If you like milder sausage cut back on the cayenne and red pepper. If you want a fattier sausage add more pork and less venison. Hope you like this as much as we do.
Provided by Dixie from Kansas
Yield 10 pounds, 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- mix together all spices and vinegar.
- add to the ground meat.
- stuff in hog casings or freeze in bulk.
HOMEMADE ITALIAN SAUSAGE
One of my earliest and most vivid food memories was when my uncle Bill would make his famous dried Italian sausage every Christmas Eve. They'd be fried after Midnight Mass and served on bread with roasted red peppers. This fresh version was inspired by those. If you can manage not to eat them right away, letting them dry for a day or two really deepens the flavor, and firms up the texture as well, in true Uncle Billy fashion.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Cut pork shoulder into cubes. Place in a bowl and refrigerate while preparing the other ingredients.
- Grind garlic with a pinch of salt in a mortar to make a paste. Add fennel, anise, and black pepper. Bruise spices lightly with a pestle to release the flavors. Add red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, oregano, marjoram, coriander, mustard, allspice, sugar, and a splash of water. Stir to combine.
- Add the spice paste to the pork cubes. Mix thoroughly by hand. Add the remaining salt. Cover and refrigerate until flavors meld, 8 hours to overnight.
- Process the cold pork through a meat grinder on the slowest speed.
- Push a casing onto the stuffing tube of your meat grinder. Feed the sausage meat through the filling tray. Run the meat through the casing on the slowest speed until all the casing is used up. Tie casing at the end into a knot. Pinch and twist the meat to create links if desired.
- Place sausage onto a wire rack set over a sheet pan. Refrigerate uncovered for 24 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal grill for medium heat. Separate the links and grill them until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.2 g, Cholesterol 74.4 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 20.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 1464.5 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
HOMEMADE SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE (MILD OR HOT)
This is a very versatile Italian sausage which can be used in many different ways. You can take it from mild to hot and it's very easy to use. There are also different options for type of meat to use, like ground chuck or ground turkey (do not use ground beef). If using ground turkey, you'll have to coat your skillet with a little olive or veggie oil before cooking as it has very little fat and will stick to skillet.
Provided by Michelle Leigh Gossman
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place the pork and red wine vinegar in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, paprika, red pepper flakes, fennel seed, brown sugar, oregano, and thyme. Knead until flecks of spice are evenly distributed through the sausage.
- Divide the sausage into thirds, and form into 3 logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Place wrapped sausage into a freezer bag before freezing, or store in refrigerator for at least 12 hours before cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Cholesterol 73.6 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 20.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 640.3 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
More about "homemade venison italian sausage recipes"
17 OF THE BEST VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPES - GAME & FISH
10 BEST VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 DELIGHTFUL SPICY VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPES - 800 HOT SAUCE
HOMEMADE SWEET ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SPICY ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
HOMEMADE VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPES
SAUSAGE MIX RECIPE FOR VENISON : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HOMEMADE VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH PORK | MILD RECIPE
HOT ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE | MEATEATER COOK
VENISON AND PORK SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE LINKS RECIPE
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN SAUSAGE
VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE: THE ART OF SAUSAGE MAKING - STACY LYN …
HOMEMADE VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE …
VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - BINKY'S CULINARY CARNIVAL
VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE | LEM BLOG
VENISON FENNELISE ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - NORTH AMERICAN WHITETAIL
ITALIAN SAUSAGE - TASTE OF ARTISAN
SPICY ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
VENISON HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HOMEMADE ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - MOTHER …
ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
HOMEMADE VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE: ITALIAN SAUSAGE GALETTELAURA'S WILD KITCHEN
VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE | ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE SANDWICH
HOT ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - GAME & FISH
THE HEALTHIEST VENISON SAUSAGE | MEATEATER COOK
BEST TASTING VENISON SAUSAGE EVER - RURAL MESSENGER
FIVE EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES FOR FRESH WILD GAME SAUSAGE
HOMEMADE VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY
VENISON ITALIAN SAUSAGE SEASONING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE VENISON SAUSAGE
HOMEMADE VENISON SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE - FRESH - YOUTUBE
VENISON HONEY GARLIC SAUSAGE RECIPE - AN EXCELLENT FRYING SAUSAGE
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BEST VENISON SAUSAGE EVER - DEER AND DEER …
BEST VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPES FROM SCRATCH - MISS HOMEMADE
HOMEMADE SWEET ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION …
ITALIAN VENISON SAUSAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #very-low-carbs #main-dish #easy #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #wild-game #deer #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love