HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, stone ground mustard, orange juice, whole cloves, picnic ham, honey, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and cloves to a large roasting pan, stirring to combine.
- Place the ham on the roasting rack over the liquid.
- Trim off tough outer skin, then score the remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern. Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Remove all the whole cloves from the remaining liquid in the pan. Pour the remaining liquid into a pot, along with the honey, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on to the ham then transfer back to the roasting rack.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham reaches 145°F (65°C).
- Slice the ham, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1221 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 79 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 87 grams, Sugar 27 grams
BAKED HONEY MUSTARD HAM
Ham is one of the traditional meat dishes served in Trinidadian homes at Christmas time. Many people I know bake it on Christmas Eve and have it for breakfast with freshly baked bread and a condiment called Chow Chow (Picalli Sauce). You are also likely to be served thick slices of ham with Christmas meat pies known as Pastelles. This recipe is simplicity itself and it's how I bake my ham every year. Enjoy!
Provided by WizzyTheStick
Yield 1 ham, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place ham, skin side up, in a roasting pan and bake coverd at 325 degrees for 20 minutes per pound. Add 20 minutes extra. (In this case, 2 hours).
- Remove ham from the oven. Score fat in diamond shapes. Use a knife to stick the cloves in all over the ham.
- Combine honey, mustard and orange juice and spread over the ham.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake uncovered for 20 - 30 minutes more, basting occasionally with the glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.4, Fat 23.5, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 79.4, Sodium 1437.6, Carbohydrate 9.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 7.2, Protein 18.6
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
- Adjust the oven racks to accommodate a large roasting pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fit the pan with a shallow rack.
- Unwrap the ham and rinse it in cold water. Place it on the rack in the roasting pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch opening to allow steam to escape. Bake the ham for half the estimated cooking time, about 3 hours. (Total cooking time is about 20 minutes per pound.)
- Halfway through the estimated cooking time, add the brown sugar and honey to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard. Pour the mixture over the ham. Continue baking the ham, basting occasionally with the drippings in the roaster.
- Check for doneness at the end of the estimated coking time by inserting a meat thermometer into a meaty part of the ham, avoiding any fat or bone. The thermometer should register 160 degrees F.
- Allow the ham to stand for 15 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices inside the ham to set.
HONEY MUSTARD HAM
- Cut ham into 4 serving pieces. Mix water and honey mustard in 10-inch skillet. Add ham.
- Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 15 minutes, turning ham once, until ham is hot. Remove ham from skillet; keep warm.
- Stir sour cream into mixture in skillet; heat 1 minute. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1810 mg
SLOW-COOKER HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
Try this easy 5 ingredient recipe for a wonderful savory and sweet glazed ham made in a slow cooker - perfect for any special dinner.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Make cuts in ham about 1 inch apart and 1/4 inch deep in diamond pattern. Place ham in slow cooker.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, honey, mustard and apple juice. Brush over ham.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 140°F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 650, Carbohydrate 41 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 960 mg
HONEY-MUSTARD HAM GLAZE
- Mix honey, mustard, brown sugar, and pineapple juice in a bowl until well combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 51.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 90.1 mg, Sugar 12.3 g
EASY HONEY MUSTARD HAM
- Place picnic ham in a slow cooker. Mix honey mustard sauce, brown sugar, water, and garlic powder together in a bowl; pour over the ham.
- Cook on Low 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 88.1 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 31.2 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 1787.3 mg, Sugar 12 g
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the ham in a small roasting pan, cut-side down, and pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake until the ham is heated through, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard and thyme in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees F. While the ham is still hot, remove the foil and carefully pour off the water from the roasting pan; it is fine if a little water remains. Brush about half of the glaze over the ham. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes, until the ham is golden brown and beginning to glaze. Brush with the remaining glaze and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes, until the ham is well-browned and glazy; be careful not to let the glaze burn. Serve warm.
CROCKPOT HONEY MUSTARD HAM
You make this simple recipe for a beautiful glazed ham in your slow-cooker. Wonderful flavor in the sauce and the crockpot keeps the ham moist. (One responder declared this to be her go-to recipe for ham from now on!) This gives you time to enjoy your company and prepare the rest of the meal. Recipe is from Linda Larson of about.com.
Provided by Lorraine of AZ
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place ham in a 4 or 5 quart crockpot and pour apple juice over ham.
- Combine brown sugar, honey mustard, and pepper in a small bowl and blend well. Spread over ham.
- Cover crockpot and cook on LO heat for 6-8 hours. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 542.5, Fat 33.3, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 177.6, Sodium 129.2, Carbohydrate 6.8, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 6.6, Protein 50.8
HONEY AND MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
Glazed hams shouldn't be just for Christmas and they are so easy and delicious.
Provided by ElleJohnson
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place all the stock ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring up to the simmer on medium-low heat. Cook for 1 hour. Leave the gammon to cool in the cooking liquid.
- When the gammon is cooled enough to handle. Place the gammon joint in a roasting tin with honey and whole grain mustard. Baste the gammon joint liberally with the glaze.
- Bake in 180c fan forced oven for 45 minutes, basting every 10-15 minutes.
"Your family will think you took hours to prepare dinner when you slice servings of this delicious ham," assures Karin Young of Carlsbad, California. The glaze combines honey, brown sugar and mustard for tasty results.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place ham on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes. Combine honey, mustard and sugar; brush about 3 tablespoons over ham. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Stir into remaining glaze; heat through and serve with the ham.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 1489mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein.
VIRGINIA HAM WITH HONEY-MUSTARD GLAZE
A baked ham is an ideal centerpiece for a holiday table: It's equally delicious served warm or at room temperature, and the leftovers are excellent in everything from soups to sandwiches to frittatas.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 18 to 24
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees with a rack in lower third. Line a roasting pan with a rack. Wrap ham in parchment-lined foil. Transfer to pan, with thicker rind side facing up. Bake 2 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together honey, Dijon, brown sugar, and cloves.
- Unwrap ham. When cool enough to handle, use a thin-bladed knife to peel rind from ham and trim fat all over to 1/2 inch. Score skin and fat with tip of knife in opposite directions, to create a 3/4-inch-wide diamond pattern.
- Return ham to oven and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Baste with some of honey-mustard mixture and continue to bake, basting every 30 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of flesh near (but not touching) bone registers 145 degrees, about 2 hours more. (If necessary, add water to pan, 1/4 cup at a time, to prevent scorching, and tent with foilif ham begins to blacken.)
- Let ham stand at least 20 minutes before carving, or let cool completely and serve at room temperature. Thinly slice against the bone; serve.
More about "honey mustard ham recipes"
CROCKPOT HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - JO COOKS
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - DEEP SOUTH DISH
10 BEST HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED HAM WITH A HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE - SMOKED …
10 BEST HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
2-INGREDIENT HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - THE …
HONEY BAKED HAM | EASY PALEO HAM RECIPE + KETO + WHOLE30 …
HONEY & MUSTARD GLAZED HAM | DONAL SKEHAN | EAT LIVE GO
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - PILLERS
HAM STEAKS WITH HONEY-MUSTARD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HONEY MUSTARD MAPLE GLAZED HAM - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
BAKED HONEY MUSTARD HAM SANDWICHES - SUGAR DISH ME
GARLIC HONEY MUSTARD HAM - OH SWEET BASIL
SIMPLE HONEY AND MUSTARD GAMMON - THE HEDGECOMBERS
HONEY BUTTER HAM IS AN EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPE
HONEY MUSTARD HAM – LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE FOR HAM - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
HONEY MUSTARD BAKED HAM RECIPE - KITCHEN DIVAS
AUNTY PRU’S CAPILANO HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM
BEST HONEY-MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE - THE PIONEER …
HONEY MUSTARD BAKED HAM - MY FEARLESS KITCHEN
HONEY MUSTARD BAKED HAM - THE PERFECT TANGY HOLIDAY HAM RECIPE!
BAKED HAM RECIPE WITH HONEY MUSTARD & APPLES - A SPICY …
HONEY-MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - HORMEL
HONEY & MUSTARD ROAST HAM RECIPE
SLOW COOKER HONEY GARLIC MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - THE RECIPE CRITIC
TRADITIONAL HONEY AND MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - WAITROSE
HONEY AND MUSTARD GLAZED DRY CURED HAM - THE JOLLY HOG
BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE FOR HAM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
BEST EASTER RECIPES | HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM | PAULA DEEN
HONEY BAKED HAM IN CROCK POT RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE FOR HAM | HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
SLOW COOKER HONEY MUSTARD HAM | 12 TOMATOES
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE | FRENCH'S
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #easy #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a Ham in the oven with mustard?Instructions Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place ham in the lined pan. Brush ¼ cup of honey mustard over the top of the ham. Put ham, uncovered, in oven, and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Remove ham from oven, brush with another ¼ cup of honey mustard, and insert meat thermometer into center of ham.
How to cook honey glazed ham in crock pot?Directions. Place picnic ham in a slow cooker. Mix honey mustard sauce, brown sugar, water, and garlic powder together in a bowl; pour over the ham. Cook on Low 8 hours to overnight. See how to make Chef John's honey-glazed ham for the holidays. Pineapple juice, honey, and Dijon create a tangy glaze for baked ham.
How do you cook a precooked Ham in a pan?Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake until the ham is heated through, about 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard and thyme in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
What is the best glaze to cook a ham?3 Combine mustard, Worcestershire and sugar in small saucepan. Heat just to a boil, stirring until sugar melts. 4 Baste ham with glaze frequently during last 30 minutes of baking. Serve additional glaze or honey mustard on the side.