HOT & SPICY BRAISED PRAWNS
Quick fast and delicious! Great with any chinese meal. Great with any meal for that matter. Substitute Chicken or beef for the prawns
Provided by Bergy
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine Oil,Garlic and Ginger in a fry pan or Wok.
- Stir and fry until the oil has absorbed the fragrance (10 seconds).
- Add Sherry, soy sauce,Chili oil and cook about 90 seconds.
- Add Prawns, braise until they turn pink and look opaque 60-90 seconds.
- Do not over cook the prawns.
- Add green onion cook 30 seconds.
HOT SPICED PRAWNS
- Warm the oil in a large wide saucepan, and throw in the scallions, garlic and ginger.
- Stir everything around vigorously until the onions begin to wilt, and then toss in the prawns, stirring again. Cover the pan and let everything cook for about 5 minutes; then, remove the lid and pour in the sherry. Stir again, then cover the pan until the prawns are cooked through and no longer glassy in the middle. Taste; add a sprinkling of salt if you need it. Pour into a large shallow bowl, making sure you don't lose all the bits of onion, garlic and ginger, and take immediately to the table.
SPICY KING PRAWNS
This wonderful shrimp recipe is by Nadia Roden from Party By the Pyramids. It is healthy and super fast. If you have all of the ingredients ready ahead of time, you can prepare the dish quickly, as guests arrive.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the garlic, paprika (One Tablespoon plus One teaspoon), cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and stir in the cilantro.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
FRIED PRAWNS WITH GARLICKY HOT PEPPER SAUCE
Try this classic Korean-Chinese dish; a twist on sweet and sour prawns. The prawns are battered, fried and enrobed in a spicy, garlicky sauce
Provided by Judy Joo
Number Of Ingredients 23
- In a large, wide, heavy-based pan at least 13cm deep, heat 5cm of vegetable oil over a medium-high heat (make sure the pan is no more than two-thirds full) until it reaches 190C. While the oil is heating, make the batter. Whisk together the cornflour, potato starch, flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the egg white, vegetable oil and 120ml water and whisk to form a thick batter.
- Working in batches, coat the prawns in the batter, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Carefully lower the prawns into the hot oil, one at a time, and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 1½ mins. Transfer to a wire rack or paper-lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining prawns, letting the oil return to 190C between batches.
- Let the oil return to 190C, then carefully return the prawns to the oil and fry a second time for 1½-2 mins until very crisp. Transfer to a wire rack or paper-lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the sugar, tomato purée, soy sauce, vinegar, gochujang, sriracha and sesame oil in a bowl with the remaining cornflour and 60ml water until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion, garlic, red and green chillies. Cook for about 30 seconds, stirring, until just fragrant. Add the sauce mixture and cook for about 45 seconds, stirring, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Add the fried prawns, toss quickly to coat and transfer to a platter. Scatter over the spring onions and serve immediately with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
More about "hot spicy braised prawns recipes"
SPICY HOT PRAWNS - KUALI
Cuisine ChineseCategory Fish And Seafood Dishes, Prawn DishesServings 2Total Time 20 mins
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok to fry the prawns briefly, until they turn a bright red colour. Dish out and set aside.
HOT BRAISED SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CALABRIAN SPICY PRAWNS
PRAWNS WITH SICHUAN HOT AND SPICY SAUCE | ASIAN INSPIRATIONS
HOT & SPICY BELACAN PRAWNS - RECIPE PETITCHEF
GRILLED PRAWNS IN SPICY MARINADE - OTTO WILDE GRILLERS
HOT SPICED PRAWNS RECIPE | NIGELLA LAWSON | COOKING …
BRAISED PRAWNS WITH OIL-A MUST FOR BANQUET GUESTS - MISS …
BRAISED PRAWNS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
SPICY GARLIC PRAWNS - COOKING WITH A WALLFLOWER
BRAISED PRAWNS SZECHUAN STYLE - MESSY WITCHEN
30 SPICY SHRIMP RECIPES FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE HEAT | ALLRECIPES
ASIAN CHILLI GARLIC PRAWNS (SHRIMP) - RECIPETIN EATS
HOT & SPICY PRAWNS - WHITBY SEAFOODS - HOME OF SCAMPI
BUTTER BRAISED SHRIMP - PAULA DEEN
HOT PRAWNS RECIPES AND SPICY PRAWN CURRY DISHES - SAZWORLD
SPICY BEER SHRIMP (SO JUICY AND DELICIOUS!) - RASA MALAYSIA
HOT & SPICY BRAISED PRAWNS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | PRAWN …
HOT & SPICY BRAISED PRAWNS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BRAISED PRAWNS WITH GARLIC - MISS CHINESE FOOD
HOT SPICY BRAISED PRAWNS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SPICY PRAWNS WITH GARLIC AND LEMON | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
DERMOT O'LEARY'S HOT AND SPICY PRAWNS RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
DRY BRAISED PRAWNS - EAT WHAT TONIGHT
CREAMY GARLIC PRAWNS (SHRIMP) - RECIPETIN EATS
SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP (MADE IN 10 MINUTES!) - JERSEY GIRL COOKS
BRAISED PRAWN/SHRIMP (油闷大虾 YOU MEN DA XIA） | ASIAN …
PRAWNS IN HOT GARLIC SAUCE | CHILLI GARLIC PRAWNS | HOT GARLIC …
SAUTEED SPICY PRAWNS RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
SPICY BUTTER GARLIC PRAWNS | FUSION RECIPES | LEE KUM KEE
BRAISED PRAWNS - RECIPE FLOW
HUNAN HOT-AND-SPICY SHRIMP RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
10 BEST CHINESE SPICY SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
BRAISED PRAWNS WITH GARLIC RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
HOT BRAISED SHRIMP - BLOGGER
BRAISED PRAWNS - 9KITCHEN - NINE.COM.AU
HOT AND SWEET CHILLY PRAWNS - SAVORY&SWEETFOOD
CRISPY PRAWNS WITH SPICY MANGO MAYONNAISE - THAT SPICY CHICK
SPICY PRAWNS FRY | SHRIMP FRY | CRISP AND UNDER 30 MINUTES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook prawns?Combine Oil,Garlic and Ginger in a fry pan or Wok. Stir and fry until the oil has absorbed the fragrance (10 seconds). Add Sherry, soy sauce,Chili oil and cook about 90 seconds. Add Prawns, braise until they turn pink and look opaque 60-90 seconds. Do not over cook the prawns. Add green onion cook 30 seconds.
How to cook prawns in scallions?Directions 1 Warm the oil in a large wide saucepan, and throw in the scallions, garlic and ginger. 2 Stir everything around vigorously until the onions begin to wilt, and then toss in the prawns, stirring again. Cover the... More ...
How long do you cook prawns in sherry sauce?Stir everything around vigorously until the onions begin to wilt, and then toss in the prawns, stirring again. Cover the pan and let everything cook for about 5 minutes; then, remove the lid and pour in the sherry.
How to cook shrimp on the stove?Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the garlic, paprika (One Tablespoon plus One teaspoon), cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and stir in the cilantro.