INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
An easy, healthy recipe for Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup. Rich, creamy, gluten free and made with simple ingredients. Ready in 30 min and so delicious!
Provided by Erin Clarke / Well Plated
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften and brown, about 3 minutes. Splash in some of the water and scrape a spoon along the bottom of the pan to remove any stuck-on bits. Add the carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brown mustard, and salt. Add the remaining water.
- Close and seal the lid. Cook on HIGH pressure (Manual) for 3 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, immediately vent to release the remaining pressure. Carefully open the lid. With an immersion blender, puree the soup, leaving it as creamy or as chunky as you like. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree it in batches, then return it to the Instant Pot. (Be careful not to overfill, as hot soup will splatter.)
- Stir in the cheddar, Parmesan, almond milk, and black pepper. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy hot (with a bonus sprinkle of cheddar if you feel so called!).
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 of 4, about 1 1/2 cups, Calories 218 kcal, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 13 g, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 19 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 7 g
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
Family-friendly, satiating and nutritious, this Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup is easy to make and is great for a weeknight dinner. Serve with your favorite garnishes and some crusty bread or dinner rolls on the side. See notes for dietary modifications and storage/freezing instructions.
Provided by Instant Pot Eats
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté setting. Let it heat up slightly. Add butter and once melted, add the onions, carrots and garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring a couple of times or until onion is softened. Stop the Sauté by pressing Keep Warm/Cancel button.
- While still hot, add flour and stir briskly for 30 seconds.
- Now, add chicken stock in 2-3 batches stirring well so there are no lumps. Using a whisk helps with this.
- Add the seasonings and mustard, stir through and add the broccoli florets.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot. Check the Steam Release handle at the top is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual/Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 1 minute, it should say HIGH pressure. After 3 beeps, the Instant Pot will be ON and it will take about 10-15 minutes to build up the pressure, as there is quite a bit of liquid and ingredients inside. The floating valve will pop to the top once the pressure is built and the timer will start. Note, that cooking begins during the pressurizing stage.
- Once the timer is done, use the Quick Release method to let the steam off and open the lid. Simply point the Steam Release handle to Venting and step away. The jet stream will take a minute or two and the top floating valve will drop down once the lead is ready to be open.
- Open the lid and stir the soup. Add half and half cream (make sure it's not too cold, microwave it slightly if needed). Mix through and use a potato masher to roughly puree the cooked vegetables into the liquid.
- Press the Sauté function key again to the soup back bring to a simmer. Immediately turn off once soup begins to simmer and add the cheese in 2-3 batches, stirring well until it's fully melted and combined into the soup.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, such as shredded cheddar, chopped broccoli, hot sauce, sour cream, chives, crispy bacon, croutons and so on.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 cups without extra garnishes, Calories 520 calories, Sugar 11.5 g, Sodium 845.4 mg, Fat 32.3 g, SaturatedFat 17.6 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 25.3 g, Cholesterol 90.5 mg
THE BEST INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUP
This Instant Pot broccoli and cheese soup recipe takes only ONE minute to make. It's an easy Instant Pot soup that's thick, creamy and healthy. Enjoy this gluten free and vegetarian soup for any meal!
Provided by Melissa Griffiths - Bless this Mess
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Select browning/saute to preheat the pressure cooker. Add the butter and onion and saute until the onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken stock, broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Lock the lid in place, make sure the vent is set to seal, and select high pressure and 1 minute cook time.
- When the cooking time ends, use the quick pressure release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully.
- In a small bowl whisk together the corn starch and cold water until smooth.
- Set the pressure cook to saute/browning and slowly add the corn starch mixture to the pot. Stir constantly until the soup comes to a boil and thickens.
- Turn off the pressure cooker. Slowly stir in the cream or half-and-half.
- Add the cheese a handful at a time and stir until it melts.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Bowl, Calories 290 calories, Sugar 5.8 g, Sodium 626.3 mg, Fat 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, TransFat 0.3 g, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 15 g, Cholesterol 52.3 mg
INSTANT POT® BROCCOLI-CHEESE SOUP
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add onion and butter; saute until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, chicken broth, and whipping cream.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 5 minutes, then switch to the quick-release method to release remaining pressure, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese, crema con sal, and garlic granules. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Cholesterol 166.3 mg, Fat 48.2 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 29.9 g, Sodium 1231.1 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
This broccoli cheese soup has the comforting flavors you love, without the flour, butter, and heavy cream. Instead, it gets its creaminess from cauliflower and almond milk, which go almost unnoticed once everything is blended together and the cheese is added. When you use an immersion blender, this is a fast one-pot recipe that packs 17 grams of protein per serving.
Provided by The Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook by Megan Gilmore
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the onion, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, mustard, water, and 2 teaspoons salt in the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and move the steam release valve to Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook to cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, immediately move the steam release valve to Venting to quickly release the pressure. When the floating valve drops, remove the lid. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup, leaving as much texture as you like.
- Add the Cheddar, Parmesan, and almond milk and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
More about "instant pot broccoli cheese soup recipes"
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - RECIPE DIARIES
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING …
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - RACHEL COOKS®
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP – INSTANT POT RECIPES
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - RECIPETEACHER
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - QUICK & EASY DINNER IDEAS
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - CRAFT CREATE COOK
INSTANT POT KETO BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - KASEY TRENUM
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - A CEDAR SPOON
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | MEAT + THREE MEALS
(EXTRA GREEN) INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - THIS PILGRIM LIFE
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP IN INSTANT POT RECIPE - KITCHEN ULTIMATE
HEALTHY INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - CASUAL FOODIST
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - EATING INSTANTLY
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - SIMPLE LIVING MAMA
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - THE CREAMIEST RECIPE!
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - REAL BALANCED
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - THE BELLY RULES THE MIND
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUP - RECIPES-GALORE.COM
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - PIP AND EBBY
PANERA’S COPYCAT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR INSTANT POT SOUP
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
INSTANT POT BEST BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP - PRESSURE LUCK …
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - GLUTEN-FREE PALATE
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP IN INSTANT POT - CULINARY SHADES
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP: GLUTEN-FREE, 30 MINUTES, …
KETO INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP | THAT LOW CARB LIFE
EASY KETO LOW-CARB INSTANT POT PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CHEESE …
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP IN UNDER 20 MINUTES
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - A PRESSURE COOKER KITCHEN
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP (PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE)
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUP - JENAROUNDTHEWORLD.COM
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - SAVORY TOOTH
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - RECIPES-GALORE.COM
INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to cook broccoli cheese soup in Instant Pot?While Instant Pot broccoli cheese soup does have a pressure cooking time of only 1 to 2 minutes, there is still time needed to saute the carrots, onions and garlic and simmer the broth to get a thick, creamy consistency. Overall, this takes about 30 minutes from the beginning of preparation to the time you can sit down as a family and enjoy it.
How to cook Broccoli in an Instant Pot?Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add onion and butter; saute until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, chicken broth, and whipping cream. Close and lock the lid.
How do you make broccoli cheese soup in a pressure cooker?I intentionally made this as low carb as possible, but it still has the comfort of a richer broccoli-cheese soup. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add onion and butter; saute until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
How to make soup in an Instant Pot?Turn the Instant Pot and set to Saute. Melt the butter and cook the onions and carrots for 2 minutes. Then stir in the flour (this will help to thicken the soup). Add the stock, spices, broccoli and stock and stir through.