An easier version of an Italian favorite, using instant mashed potatoes. This recipe can easily be double, tripled, etc. I make multiple batches, and freeze. To freeze, put on cookie sheets until frozen, and then put into plastic bags. Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Provided by Sandy Metzler
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place potato flakes in a medium-size bowl. Pour in boiling water; stir until blended. Let cool.
- Stir in egg, salt, and pepper. Blend in enough flour to make a fairly stiff dough. Turn dough out on a well floured board. Knead lightly.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a long thin roll, the thickness of a breadstick. With a knife dipped in flour, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place a few gnocchi in boiling water. As the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot, remove them with a slotted spoon. Repeat until all are cooked.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.3 calories, Carbohydrate 91.3 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 3.5 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 14.8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 1224.6 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
EASY HOMEMADE POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE BY TASTY
Homemade gnocchi sounds tricky, but the actual process is pretty easy - and well worth the effort. After boiling, peeling, and mashing some potatoes, you'll whisk them with an egg to make the "dough". Then comes the fun, soothing part: put on your favorite playlist or podcast while you knead, cut, and add little indentations to every piece. Once they're done, you simply boil them for 30 seconds and fry up in a decadent butter-sage sauce (or a sauce of your choosing.) Restaurant-level gnocchi accomplished!
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of cool salted water. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce a potato. Drain the potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle but still warm.
- Using a peeler or your fingers, remove the skin from the potatoes. In a medium bowl, mash the potatoes until all lumps are gone. Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Make a well in the center of the potatoes and crack an egg into it. Whisk the eggs briefly. Then, using your hands, gently mix it into the potatoes until evenly distributed.
- Put 1 cups of flour onto a clean surface and turn out the potato dough onto it, keeping the remaining ½ cup close by in case you need it. Working quickly and carefully, knead the dough, only incorporating as much flour as you need along the way until the dough loses stickiness and becomes more solid. Slice the dough into 4 parts. Roll out 1 part into a long rope, about 1 inch wide, cutting in half and working with 1 half at a time if the rope is becoming too long. Slice the rope into ½-inch squares and set aside on a lightly floured surface. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- If desired, place a fork on your work surface and slide each gnocchi square from the base of the fork prongs to the top so they make a decorative shape.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi in batches, stirring gently once or twice to ensure they are not sticking. Boil until they float to the surface; after another 15-30 seconds in the water, remove.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter and add the sage. Add the gnocchi and toss until lightly golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 880 calories, Carbohydrate 163 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 5 grams
INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI
This tasty gnocchi is much easier than it looks and contains almost no saturated fat. "Just serve with your favorite jarred pasta sauce, and you're set!" Sarah Ott - Blanchardville, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place potato flakes in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water; add egg. Stir in flour and seasonings. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times, forming a soft dough., Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick ropes; cut into 3/4-in. pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork., In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 126mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI
A quick and easy version of a robust Italian winter dish. It's versatile - use these "dumplings" as a pasta or a foundation for the entree (maybe my Smothered Mushroom Chicken? #113125). This recipe doubles or triples and works well with a simple tomato sauce, butter and sage, or with butter or good olive oil add a grind of black pepper and some Parmesan cheese. For my Smothered Mushroom Chicken recipe, this should be tripled.
Provided by SmHerndon
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- PUT the potato flakes or buds in a medium-size bowl and add the boiling water; stir until blended then let cool.
- FOLD in the egg and salt with a wooden or plastic spoon or spatula.
- ADD flour slowly, folding with the spatula, until you have a fairly firm dough that doesn't stick to the bowl.
- TURN dough out onto a well floured surface and knead lightly into a ball.
- You want just be able to work with the mixture without it sticking unduly- but too much flour will result in gnocchi that are more lead than light.
- CUT dough in half and ROLL each half into a long cylinder about the thickness of your thumb.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- You can dust lightly with flour or semolina and set aside for a few hours.
- TO COOK- put 6 to 8 gnocchi in a few quarts of boiling, salted water (too many at once interferes in the cooking process).
- As the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot, remove them with a slotted spoon and put them in a sieve over a plate to drain further until you are ready to serve.
- Repeat until all are cooked.
QUICK POTATO GNOCCHI
- Place 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes in a medium bowl. Pour over them 1 cup boiling water and stir to combine. Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 large egg, ¾ teaspoon salt. Knead briefly until the mixture is smooth.
- Bring 4 inches of well-salted water to a simmer in a large pot. Have ready 3 tablespoons butter, melted, or extra-virgin olive oil. Roll about 2 tablespoons of the dough into a ¾-inch-thick log. Cut crosswise into ¾-inch pieces. Press each piece against the tines of a fork, rolling it as you do; this will naturally cause the gnocchi to curl slightly, leaving one side indented and the other ridged. Test the gnocchi by dropping a few into the simmering water and cooking until they float, about 2 minutes. They should hold a firm shape and be chewy to the bite. If they are too soft or disintegrate, knead into the dough up to 3 tablespoons more all-purpose flour and a little beaten egg.
- Test again. When the dough is right, roll the rest of the dough into three or four ¾-inch-thick ropes. Cut the ropes into ¾-inch pieces, shape the dough on the fork as directed above, letting them drop onto a lightly floured baking sheet. Bring the water back to a simmer. *Do not let the water reach a full boil. Drop one-third to half of the gnocchi into the pot and simmer, uncovered, until they float, then remove with a slotted spoon or skimmer to a wide bowl. Note: Never drain gnocchi by pouring the contents of the pot into a colander. Drizzle some of the melted butter or olive oil over the gnocchi. Toss to coat. Repeat until all the gnocchi are done.
- Spoon gnocchi into bowls and top as desired.
KITTENCAL'S EASY GNOCCHI
Instant potato flakes makes these quick and fast --- instead of pinching off pieces of dough roll the dough into a 1/2-inch diameter rope and then slice into about 1-inch long pieces, you may indent the center with a fork or your finger --- the dough may be shaped covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated until ready to cook or you may freeze the shaped uncooked gnocchi just drop them into boiling water still in their frozen state, do not thaw --- this recipe was developed using instant potato flakes, subsitiuting cooked mashed potatoes will not produce the same results --- these are best if heated up in a tomato or cream sauce or pan fryed with garlic and butter then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Boil water in a medium pot until at a light simmer.
- Meanwhile pour about 3-4 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl.
- Place the instant potato flakes, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl; add in hot water and stir with a spoon until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Mix in beaten eggs until combined.
- Add in 1-1/2 cups flour and mix well to create a manageable dough (if the mixture seems too moist add in a small amount more of flour until the dough holds together, you may need up to 2 cups flour).
- Using hands gently knead the dough until smooth.
- Using floured hands pinch off a little over 1 tablespoon of dough then roll into a ball or desired shape (at this point you may freeze).
- Drop into the simmering water until they rise to the top (this will only take about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place into the oiled bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.6, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 46.5, Sodium 324.8, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.6, Protein 5.3
More about "instant potato gnocchi recipes"
FOOLPROOF GNOCCHI FROM INSTANT POTATOES RECIPE
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr
14 WAYS TO USE INSTANT MASHED POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
POTATO GNOCCHI | RICARDO
CLASSIC ITALIAN POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE POTATO & RICOTTA GNOCCHI - PINCH OF ITALY
10 BEST ITALIAN GNOCCHI RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY, NO-FAIL ITALIAN GNOCCHI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOMEMADE QUICK GNOCCHI - CEARA'S KITCHEN
BEST INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE 5-INGREDIENT …
Reviews 8Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Entree
5 INGREDIENT POTATO GNOCCHI | GNOCCHI | EASY RECIPES
INSTANT POTATOES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
INSTANT POT GNOCCHI SOUP (VEGETARIAN) - CULINARY SHADES
POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE - WITH INSTANT POTATOES! - 4 HATS AND FRUGAL
GLUTEN FREE POTATO GNOCCHI | PILLOWY SOFT DUMPLINGS
EASY GNOCCHI RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
MASHED POTATO GNOCCHI - IDAHOAN FOODS
FIND A RECIPE FOR POTATO GNOCCHI ON TRIVET RECIPES: A RECIPE …
INSTANT POTATOES ARE THE KEY TO QUICK, DELICIOUS GNOCCHI
INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI | PUNCHFORK
BEST INSTANT POT GNOCCHI RECIPE - THRIFTY JINXY
CLEVER WAYS TO USE INSTANT POTATOES - ONE GOOD THING BY …
GIADA’S FRESH POTATO GNOCCHI | GIADZY
GNOCCHI WITH INSTANT POTATOES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
POTATO GNOCCHI (AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RECIPE) - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
GAIL SIMMONS' INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI WITH POMODORO
INSTANT POT TUSCAN GNOCCHI - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING AND …
NONNA'S POTATO GNOCCHI - COOKING WITH NONNA
HOW TO USE POTATO FLAKES IN THE KITCHEN | EPICURIOUS
INSTANT MASHED POTATO GNOCCHI - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI | PUNCHFORK
INSTANT POTATOES MAKE REALLY GREAT GNOCCHI (AND OTHER TRUTHS)
INSTANT GNOCCHI [VEGAN] – HUNGRY AND FROZEN
INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI | | HEALTH, FITNESS AND DIETS | VERTIHEALTH
GNOCCHI MADE WITH INSTANT POTATOES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHORTCUT POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE | YUMMLY - PINTEREST
INSTANT POT CREAMY GNOCCHI SOUP - COOKING CARNIVAL
INSTANT POTATO GNOCCHI RECIPE ON FOOD52 - PINTEREST
INSTANT MASHED POTATO GNOCCHI AL FORNO | COOK'S COUNTRY
GNOCCHI FROM INSTANT MASHED POTATOES – DIGESTIBLE DINING
INSTANT POT TOMATO GNOCCHI SOUP - THE BUSTED OVEN
INSTANT MASHED POTATOES ARE THE SECRET TO AMAZING GNOCCHI
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #potatoes #vegetables #easy #european #low-fat #vegetarian #italian #dietary #low-saturated-fat #comfort-food #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook gnocchi pasta?Directions Place potato flakes in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water; add egg. Divide dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-in.-thick ropes; cut into 3/4-in. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float.
How do you make mashed potatoes with instant mashed potatoes?Freshly grated Parmesan, black pepper, and chopped parsley, for garnishing (optional) Place 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes in a medium bowl. Pour over them 1 cup boiling water and stir to combine. Add 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 large egg, ¾ teaspoon salt. Knead briefly until the mixture is smooth.
Can you freeze cooked gnocchi?Directions Bring water to a boil. Sprinkle the work surface lightly with flour. If you are not cooking the gnocchi right away, freeze them on a baking sheet or platter in a single layer until frozen solid. Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water until they float to the top, about 5 minutes.
How long do you boil gnocchi?In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon. Serve with sauce; sprinkle with cheese if desired. 1-1/2 cups: 250 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.