IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREAD
Make this classic Irish Butter Shortbread recipe from Rachel Gaffney for a melt-in-your-mouth St. Patrick's Day treat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Cookie Recipes
Yield Makes about 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. With the mixer on low, slowly add flour. Continue mixing until dough comes together to form a ball.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface; roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thickness, dusting rolling pin with flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Using a 2 1/4-inch round, fluted cutter, cut out dough. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart. Gather up any scraps, gently re-roll, and repeat cutting process. Take care not to overwork dough.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until shortbread just begins to turn golden, about 30 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Shortbread may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES
This is the most amazing shortbread ever. Flaky and rich, and very very simple; I've never had a shortbread that compares to it. Note: I use salted butter. If you use unsalted, you may want to add a pinch of salt.
Provided by Anissa Wolf
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 20 cookies, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift in cornstarch and flour; mix well.
- Press into a 10 3/4 by 7 inch pan.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in preheated 275 F oven for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 250 F and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 20 finger shaped cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.8, Fat 18.7, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 48.8, Sodium 163.3, Carbohydrate 38.3, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 13.4, Protein 2.8
MARGARET CAMPBELL'S IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Make and share this Margaret Campbell's Irish Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
Provided by DeSouter
Yield 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, if available.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in flours.
- Roll out to 1/4" on a floured surface.
- Cut into rectangles using a sharp knife or better yet, a ravioli/pie cutter with the wavy edge.
- Tranfer onto a lined cookie sheet, leaving 1/2" between cookies.
- Poke cookies with a fork and sprinkle with sugar (or even cinnamon sugar).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220.2, Fat 12.6, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 32.5, Sodium 2.4, Carbohydrate 24.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 7.5, Protein 2.4
More about "irish shortbread cookies recipes"
EASY IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE CAFé SUCRE FARINE
5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert/CookiesCalories 105 per serving
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and vanilla until smooth and no lumps remain. Add the sugar and mix together until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour and corn starch. Mix with a sturdy spatula or wooden spoon until all flour is incorporated. It may seem like too much flour at first, but just keep mixing until it’s all incorporated.
- Dump mixture out onto a generously-floured work surface and knead for about 30 seconds until dough forms into a ball and is not sticky. Divide dough in half and set one portion aside.
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES - GREAT WITH A NICE CUP OF TEA
4.5/5 (11)Category BakingCuisine IrishTotal Time 40 mins
- Pre-eat the oven to 160C and prepare a suitably sized baking tin by buttering and lining with a thin layer of flour. Use some parchment paper or baking sheet if you prefer.
- Soften the butter first (if it has come out of the fridge just put it into the microwave for 30 seconds).
IRISH COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
IRISH BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES | RACHEL GAFFNEYS
EASY IRISH SHORTBREAD MADE WITH IRISH BUTTER (WITH VIDEO)
TRADITIONAL IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE | HOW WAS …
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH AN EASY ROLL-OUT TIP
TRADITIONAL IRISH SHORTBREAD RECIPE KUDOS KITCHEN STYLE
SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE KITCHY KITCHEN
IRISH SHORTBREAD RECIPE & IRELAND TRAVEL NOTES - DAVID …
THIS IRISH COOKIE RECIPE ADDS A BIT 'O FLAVOR TO ANY …
IRISH BUTTER COOKIES - ANALIDA'S ETHNIC SPOON
IRISH CREAM SHORTBREAD COOKIES - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
SHORTBREAD RECIPE | KERRYGOLD IRELAND
RECIPE: IRISH SHORTBREAD TOFFEE BARS - KITCHN
HERE'S THE SECRET TO THE BEST SHORTBREAD | TASTE OF HOME
IRISH BUTTER AND OAT SHORTBREAD COOKIES - CAFE JOHNSONIA
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES – A KITCHEN HOOR'S ADVENTURES
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - SEYMOURS
TOP 46 IRISH SHORTBREAD RECIPES
IRISH SHORTBREAD WITH LEMON AND CURRANTS - 31 DAILY
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
IRISH OAT COOKIES: SIMPLE, HEARTY, & SO BUTTERY! -BAKING A MOMENT
IRISH CREAM SHORTBREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES - PINTEREST
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | IRISH RECIPES ...
EASY IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE USING 5 INGREDIENTS
IRISH SHORTBREAD RECIPE - TONY FITZGERALD PHOTOGRAPHY
IRISH FLAG SHORTBREAD COOKIES - MY COOKIE JOURNEY
TENDER MELT IN YOUR MOUTH LEMON SHORTBREAD BARS - IRISH …
IRISH SHORTBREAD CHRISTMAS TREE COOKIES - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
IRISH TOFFEE SHORTBREAD RECIPE | LORANN OILS
RECIPES || BAILEYS SHORTBREAD COOKIES - RHYME & RIBBONS
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
IRISH WHISKEY SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - MARY DISOMMA
26 IRISH DESSERTS (+RECIPES) – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
IRISH SHORTBREAD - BEST BAKING TIPS
IRISH SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT SHORTBREAD COOKIES AND THE ... - IRISH …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #easy #european #beginner-cook #heirloom-historical #cookies-and-brownies #irish #bar-cookies #inexpensive #4-hours-or-less #from-scratch
You'll also love