POTATO, LEEK AND STILTON SOUP
Why not try this warm, filling and easy-to-make potato, leek and stilton soup recipe for days when you're feeling the cold.
Provided by delicious. magazine
Categories Soup recipes
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring now and then, until softened but not browned.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices and add to the pan with the vegetable stock and bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the cream and stilton into the hot soup, then discard the bay leaves. Blend with a stick blender (or in batches in a blender), until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the soup between warmed soup bowls and sprinkle with extra Stilton and black pepper, to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207kcals, Fat 14.3g (9.1g saturated), Protein 8.3g, Carbohydrate 11.4g (3.7g sugars)
ITALIAN LEEK AND STILTON SOUP
- Saute the whites of 3 large leaks in a bit of butter,and black pepper. When soft, deglaze with a carton of 5chicken stock. Add diced potatoes and let it simmer. In a side pan cook some Panchetta bacon and chopped oyster mushrooms together. After the potatoes are soft add 100 grams of stilton blue cheese and give the whole thing a quick go with the hand mixer so it is mostly blended but still a bit chunky. Add 1/2 liter of heavy cream, panchetta and the mushrooms. Let it simmer for an hour or so. May be reheated easily. Do not add any salt. The oyster mushrooms, bacon, cheese and stock are all salty by them selves. For a deeper flavour and colour add a can of dark beer near the end of the process.
CREAM OF LEEK SOUP WITH STILTON
This recipe is from the R.S.V.P. section of a September 1978 issue of Bon Apetit magazine. The recipe is from Fenton's restaurant in Toranto. The addition of the Stilton cheese makes a delicious and unusual soup.
Provided by Leslie in Texas
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan.
- Add shallots and leeks, cover and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add potato and hot chicken stock; cover and cook until potatoes are done, about 20 minutes.
- Place in blender or food processor and puree; return to 2 quart pan.
- In 1 quart saucepan, bring cream to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to very low and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced and slightly thickened,about 45 minutes.
- Add to leak-potato mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add nutmeg, then salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Pour into individual bowls and top with crumbled Stilton cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.4, Fat 41.6, SaturatedFat 25.4, Cholesterol 144.1, Sodium 434, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 4, Protein 9
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP WITH PORT
- In a large saucepan cook the leek, the celery, and the carrot with the bay leaf and the thyme in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Add the potatoes, peeled and sliced thin, and the broth and simmer the mixture, covered, for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender. Discard the bay leaf and in a blender purée the soup in batches. Transfer the purée to the cleaned pan and stir in the half-and-half. Heat the soup over low heat, whisk in the Stilton, whisking until the cheese is melted and the soup is smooth, and whisk in the Port and salt and pepper to taste. (Do not let the soup boil.) Serve the soup garnished with the chives.
LEEK, POTATO AND STILTON SOUP
Make and share this Leek, Potato and Stilton Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large pan bring the stock to the boil. Add the leeks and potatoes. Return to the boil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth in a jug blender or food processor or using a hand-blender. Crumble in the Stilton cheese and blend again.
- Season the soup with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the cream and blend until well-mixed.
- Re-heat the soup until piping hot. Serve garnished with parsley with crusty bread on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.5, Fat 8.5, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 25.2, Sodium 204.4, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 3.5, Protein 7.1
More about "italian leek and stilton soup recipes"
WELSH LEEK AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (31)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, SoupCalories 381 per serving
LEEK & STILTON SOUP - CHATELAINE
4/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 9Calories 88 per serving
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP | STARTER RECIPES | GOODTO
3/5 (375)Servings 6Email [email protected]Category Starter
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
TOMATO, BASIL, AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
STILTON LEEK AND POTATO SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP WITH PORT - PLAIN.RECIPES
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
ASTRAY RECIPES: LEEK AND STILTON CHEESE SOUP
RECIPES > CHEESE > HOW TO MAKE LEEK AND STILTON CHEESE SOUP
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE - COOK WITH HAMARIWEB.COM
ITALIAN LEEK SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LEEK AND STILTON CHEESE SOUP RECIPE
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP - GROW YOUR OWN SECRETS
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP – THREE MEALS A DAY
WELSH LEEK AND STILTON SOUP – CHAWTIME
BRIT DELIGHT: STILTON AND LEEK SOUP | PANDESPANI
LEEKS: 10 RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE | RECIPES | GRANSNET
STILTON AND LEEK SOUP WITH PORT - AMERICANRECIPES.EU
LEEK AND STILTON SOUP – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
STILTON AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE | MYDISH
ASTRAY RECIPES: STILTON AND LEEK SOUP
STILTON AND LEEK SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
WELSH RECIPES - LEEK AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE
LEEK, POTATO AND STILTON SOUP WITH BACON RECIPE - FRESCO
SATURDAY FRESH LEEK AND STILTON SOUP | HEALTHY RECIPES IN MINUTE
RECIPES > CHEESE > HOW TO MAKE STILTON AND LEEK SOUP WITH PORT
SATURDAY FRESH LEEK AND STILTON SOUP | RECIPES INSPIRATION
POTATO, LEEK AND STILTON SOUP | SOUP RECIPES, STILTON SOUP, LEEKS
RECIPE FOR CREAM OF LEEK SOUP WITH STILTON CHEESE | SAVVY COMPANY
EASY LEEK AND POTATO SOUP - SOUPNATION.NET
STILTON AND LEEK SOUP – THE BEST FREE COOKING RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love