JELLIED CRANBERRY-CHERRY SAUCE
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, 1 1/2 cups water, the cherry juice, dried cherries, rosemary and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly. Discard the rosemary sprig.
- Puree the sauce in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a serving dish, pressing the sauce through with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or overnight.
SPIKED CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Tip the cranberry sauce into a bowl, add the maple syrup, port, chopped thyme and orange zest and juice and stir through. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
JELLIED CRANBERRY AND PORT SAUCE
- In a large saucepan combine the cranberries, the sugar, the Port, the zest, and the lemon juice, simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the berries have burst and the mixture has thickened, and let it cool. Spoon the mixture into a lightly oiled 1-quart decorative mold and chill it, covered, for at least 3 hours or overnight. Run a thin knife around the edge of the mold, dip the mold into warm water for 10 seconds, and invert it onto a serving plate.
SIMPLE PORT & CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Tip the port and sugar into a pan and bring to the boil. Add the cranberries, then cook for 5 mins for frozen and 8-10 mins for fresh until tender, but holding their shape. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Will keep in the fridge for 1 week or freeze for up to 6 weeks. Thaw for 2 hrs or overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151 calories, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 30 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Sodium 0.02 milligram of sodium
This sauce can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve with your Christmas bird. From Crabtree and Evelyn.
Provided by Queenkungfu
Yield 3 cups, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a non-reactive saucepan, combine cranberries, port, sugar, orange zest, and gingerroot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until cranberries have popped and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Discard gingerroot.
- Stir in jelly.
- Let it cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.4, Fat 0.1, Sodium 3.2, Carbohydrate 18.1, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 13.2, Protein 0.2
THANKSGIVING JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE
This recipe will yield about 3 cups of the most wonderful intense-flavored red cranberry sauce you will ever have, it's worth making and 100% better than any canned! --- plan ahead this needs to chill for 12-24 hours or until set, this can also be made in a mold --- you will *LOVE* this! :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 3 cups (approx)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large saucepan combine the cranberries, sugar and 3 cups water (set the remaining 1/3 cup water to use later) bring to a boil stirring to dissolve the sugar granules.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally until all the cranberries have "burst" (this should take about 15 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into a large fine-mesh sieve and set over a large heat-proof bowl (I use my large Pyrex measuring cup) allow to drain for about 1 hour forcing the mixture through the strainer occasionally with a spoon to speed up the process).
- Strain until there is 3 cups of juice, then discard the solids.
- In a small bowl stir together the gelatin and 1/3 cup cold water; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Bring only 1 cup of the drained cranberry liquid to a simmer in a small saucepan; remove from heat.
- Add the gelatin/water mixture to the 1 cup of hot cranberry liquid and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the remaining 2 cups of cranberrry liquid; stir until well combined.
- Pour the cranberry liquid into a large glass bowl or a lightly greased mold.
- Cool to room temerature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 12-24 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1073.8, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 28.8, Carbohydrate 274.9, Fiber 22, Sugar 235.5, Protein 5.9
More about "jellied cranberry and port sauce recipes"
65 DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE
10 BEST JELLIED CRANBERRY DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
JELLIED CRANBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE BY SOUTHERN.CROCKPOT …
HOMEMADE JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE | OCEAN SPRAY®
CRANBERRY PORT RING (JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE) - ALL ROADS …
HOMEMADE JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE | CANNING OPTIONAL
HOMEMADE JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE - OLD FASHIONED …
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE - GREATIST
JELLIED CRANBERRY AND PORT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
JELLIED CRANBERRY AND PORT SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CRANBERRY-PORT SAUCE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CRANBERRY SAUCE LEFTOVER - THERESCIPES.INFO
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE JELLO SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE--SPICY IS AWESOME! | BOTTGER MANSION
PORT-CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH PORT - EFFORTLESS FOODIE
EMERIL’S PORT-GLAZED CRANBERRY SAUCE - THE TASTE PLACE
16 LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE | HOLIDAYS CLASSICS - EVER OPEN SAUCE
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE - THE HIDDEN VEGGIES
ORANGE AND PORT CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE | JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE, …
JELLIED CRANBERRY AND PORT SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE - STRENGTH AND SUNSHINE
CRANBERRY PORT WINE JELLY - BIGOVEN.COM
JELLIED CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRANBERRY PORT JELLY - NOW....YOU'RE COOKING! RECIPES
CRANBERRY JALAPENO PEPPER JELLY RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
CRANBERRY, ORANGE & PORT SAUCE RECIPE | EASY MAKE-AHEAD XMAS …
JELLIED CRANBERRY SAUCE - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
AOL FOOD - RECIPES, COOKING AND ENTERTAINING - AOL.COM
RECIPES FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ASTRAY RECIPES: JELLIED CRANBERRY AND PORT SAUCE
You'll also love