- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8-12 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Cool completely. Stir in pecans.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl; cut in 1 cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water until flour is just moistened.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Place rounded 1/2 teaspoon filling in center of each circle. Fold one side of circle over other to form crescent-shaped empanaditas. Pinch together lightly to seal. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet; press edges together with tines of fork to seal.
- Whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water in small bowl. Brush egg mixture lightly over tops of empanaditas; repeat. Sprinkle with decorator sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80 calories, Fat 4 grams, SaturatedFat grams, Transfat grams, Cholesterol 15 milligrams, Sodium 95 milligrams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fiber
MEXICAN PUMPKIN EMPANADAS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and baking powder together. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs; stir the water in, about 2 tablespoons at a time, just until you can gather the dough together. Knead the dough a few times in the bowl, then scrape it out onto a floured surface. Cut the dough in quarters, and cut each quarter into thirds to make 12 equal portions. Roll the portions into balls. Cover the dough balls with a cloth, and allow to rest while you make the filling.
- Mix the pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves together until smooth. On a floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a thin circle about 6 inches across; spoon about 1/3 cup of filling into the center of the dough circle. Fold the dough over the filling to make a half-moon shaped pie, and crimp the edges of the crust together with a fork, leaving little fork lines in the dough. Gently lay the empanadas onto the prepared baking sheets. Brush the top of each pie with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is hot and the crusts are shiny and browned, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.2 calories, Carbohydrate 52.3 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 709.8 mg, Sugar 26 g
JOSEFINA'S PUMPKIN EMPANADITAS
This recipe is Pumpkin Empanaditas from "Josefina's Cook Book". This was a cookbook that is (no longer) published in conjunction with Pleasant Company's Josefina doll.
Provided by Anissa Wolf
Yield 12-16 empanaditas, 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pastry: Measure flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and sugar into medium mixing bowl. Stir. Cut lard into 12 pieces and drop into flour mixture. Cut lard in with a pastry blender until crumbly. Pour in water and mix with a fork until dough begins to form a ball. Mold dough into a smooth ball with hands, adding a sprinkle of water if needed. Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour.
- Filling: Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add sugar, spices, and pumpkin and stir until smooth. Stir over low heat 10 to 15 minutes, until mixture thickens. Pour into a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Then chill, uncovered, in refrigerator until completely cold.
- Egg Wash: Crack egg into a small bowl. Beat with whisk and stir in water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Divide dough in half and pat into 2 balls. Rewrap and refrigerate 1 ball. Flatten other ball with hand, then roll disk to 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut 4 inch circles with cookie cutter; reroll and cut scraps.
- Use pastry brush to paint egg wash around the edge of each circle. Put about 1 tablespoon filling in center of each circle, and fold in half over filling. Press edges with fingers, then crimp with floured tines of a fork. Place empanaditas 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with other half of dough and filling.
- Brush tops of empanaditas with egg wash and prick center of each with fork to form steam vents. Bake 15 to 20 mintues, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a bit of sugar while still hot. Allow to cool for several minutes before serving; filling will remain very hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202.6, Fat 8, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 26.2, Sodium 144.3, Carbohydrate 30, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 13.2, Protein 2.8
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE EMPANADAS
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla; set aside. In another small bowl combine brown sugar, aniseed, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. , In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pie mix until smooth. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in pecans., On a lightly floured surface, roll each crust to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter. Place circles 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Place 1 teaspoon filling on 1 side of each circle. Brush edges of crust with egg white mixture; fold circles in half. With a fork, press edges to seal. Brush with egg white mixture and sprinkle with spice mixture. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. , Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked empanadas on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, bake empanadas as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 56mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
Your trick-or-treaters will love these spooktacular pockets with silly grins. The savory filling is perfectly spiced, and the refrigerated pie crust makes prep easy.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add corn, onion and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pumpkin, black beans and seasonings; heat through. Cool slightly., On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. Cut 60 pumpkins with a 3-in. floured pumpkin-shaped or round cookie cutter, rerolling crust as necessary. Place half of the pumpkin cutouts 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets; top each with about 1 tablespoon pumpkin mixture. Using a knife, cut jack-o'-lantern faces or slits out of the remaining cutouts. Place over the top of the pumpkin mixture; press edges with a fork to seal., In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over empanadas. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 174mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
- Combine butter, onion, peppers, cheese, mayo, and garlic powder.
- Slice bread 1/4 inch thick, spread with butter mixture.
- Broil until cheese bubbles.
More about "josefinas pumpkin empanaditas recipes"
JOSEFINA'S COOKBOOK | AMERICAN GIRL WIKI | FANDOM
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS (EMPANADAS DE CALABAZA) - MEXICO …
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - LA MICHOACANA MEAT MARKET
THE BEST PUMPKIN EMPANADA RECIPE 50 YEARS IN THE MAKING
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - IMPERIAL SUGAR | RECIPES
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS – LATIN RECIPES – LAYLITA’S RECIPES
SWEET PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - MOM ON TIMEOUT
FESTIVE MINI PUMPKIN EMPANADAS RECIPE FROM H-E-B
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS (MINI HAND PIES) - YUMMY …
PUMPKIN-CINNAMON EMPANADAS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS RECIPE - QUERICAVIDA.COM
JOSEFINA'S PUMPKIN EMPANADITAS | RECIPE | PASTRY BLENDER, …
RECIPES > MEXICAN > HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN EMPANADAS
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - BELQUI'S TWIST
EASY BAKED PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN BLOG
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS (JACQUELINE HIGUERA MCMAHAN) RECIPE
BAKED PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - BAKERY STYLE RECIPE (EMPANADAS DE …
PUMPKIN PIE EMPANADAS (EMPANADAS DE CALABAZA) - LA ... - LA …
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS | GOODCOOK RECIPE
CREAMY PUMPKIN EMPANADAS | LA LECHERA - NESTLé RECIPES
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS – TEXAS MONTHLY
DELICIOUS PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - MARCELLINA IN CUCINA
MAKING PUMPKIN EMPANADITAS WITH JOSEFINA | FUN, HIGH NECK, …
MEXICAN PUMPKIN EMPANADAS (EMPANADAS DE CALABAZA) - MARICRUZ …
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS (EMPANADAS DE CALABAZA)
JOSEPHINAS RECIPE (HOWELL'S BREAD) | KITCHN
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS - SIETEFOODS.COM
PUMPKIN PIE EMPANADAS - LIBBY'S®
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN PUMPKIN EMPANADAS | HEALTHY FAMILY PROJECT
PUMPKIN EMPANADAS, EMPANADAS, MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES - PINTEREST
SAVORY PUMPKIN EMPANADAS FROM SCRATCH - POOK'S PANTRY …
ISABEL EATS - EASY MEXICAN RECIPES
EASY PUMPKIN EMPANADAS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
PUMPKIN S'MORES EMPANADAS RECIPE FROM H-E-B
PUT A HOLD ON THE PIE; VEGAN MEXICAN PUMPKIN EMPANADAS INSTEAD
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN EMPANADAS | FALL RECIPES - YOUTUBE
You'll also love