JULIA BELLE'S WORLD-FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE
This recipe recently appeared in my electric co-op's magazine as one of the "classic recipes every South Carolina cook should know". I put it here for safe-keeping!
Provided by CeeGee
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In saucepan over low heat, mix flour and butter together until blended, making a roux. Cook about 3 minutes. Blend in chicken stock and milk. Continue to cook on low about 6 minutes. When sauce begins to thicken, add garlic, mustard, sea salt, pepper, colby and Parmesan cheeses, and add 3 cups of cheddar cheese (reserve 1 1/2 cups cheddar for topping). Cook about 5 more minutes on low. Set sauce aside while macaroni cooks.
- In a pot over high heat, bring water to a boil, and add salt. After salt dissolves, add macaroni. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain macaroni noodles, and add them to the sauce.
- Place mixture in buttered casserole dish, and top with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 375 F about 30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
BIRD'S FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE
A fabulous always-requested recipe! I stongly suggest buying block cheeses and grating/shredding them fresh for the most flavorful macaroni and cheese you will ever taste. For a healthier version, try Recipe #272413.
Provided by 2Bleu
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, dry mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and heavy cream, stirring continuously until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses (a little at a time) and mix until smooth and cheese has melted.
- In a large bowl, pour cheese mixture over macaroni, mixing well. Place mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 653.6, Fat 35.6, SaturatedFat 21.3, Cholesterol 112.3, Sodium 899.7, Carbohydrate 59.3, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 7.4, Protein 24
JULIE'S FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE
This is the one holiday dish that's my requirement for admission to all family gatherings. I have perfected this version over many years of practice. I'm guessing on the number of servings, but this recipe fills an extra large foil baking pan for taking to parties. The cottage cheese was my grandma's 'secret' ingredient.
Provided by spiritedcharm
Categories Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Melt 3/4 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in salt, black pepper, and dry mustard. Add the onion, stir a few times to coat with butter, and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in the flour, and mix until smoothly combined with the butter. Gradually pour in the evaporated milk, and whisk until the sauce is thickened and bubbly, about 5 more minutes.
- Stirring constantly, mix in the Cheddar cheese, processed cheese, and Colby Jack cheese until the cheeses have melted and incorporated into the sauce. Stir in the cottage cheese. Mix the cheese mixture with the cooked macaroni in a large bowl, then pour into a large foil baking pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a large skillet, and toss the seasoned croutons with the butter until thoroughly coated. Press the buttered croutons into the top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the croutons have turned golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 601.7 calories, Carbohydrate 44.1 g, Cholesterol 107.9 mg, Fat 37.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 22.7 g, Sodium 899.5 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
SIMPLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
Quick, easy, and tasty macaroni and cheese dish. Fancy, designer mac and cheese often costs forty or fifty dollars to prepare when you have so many exotic and expensive cheeses, but they aren't always the best tasting. This simple recipe is cheap and tasty.
Provided by g0dluvsugly
Categories Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes.
- At the same time, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour in milk slowly, while stirring continuously. Continue to cook and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes, making sure the milk doesn't burn.
- Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain macaroni and fold into cheese sauce until coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 99.6 mg, Fat 33.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 20.9 g, Sodium 777 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
More about "julia belles world famous macaroni and cheese recipes"
MACARONI & CHEESE - JULIA'S CUISINE
Cuisine North AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 6Total Time 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and have ready a 8 inch round deep sided baking dish. An equivalent size will do.
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat the olive oil and about half of the garlic. Stir for a minute and add the leeks. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5-8 minutes. Remove leeks from pan and reserve pan.
- In the reserved saucepan set over medium to high heat, melt butter with remaining garlic until sizzling. Whisk in flour until you have a paste. Gradually start whisking in your milk. Continue doing this until you have added all the milk and you have a slightly thickened sauce. Reduce heat to medium low and add most of the cheese, reserving a little for the top. Stir really well until all the cheese has melted into the sauce. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper and add the oregano. Stir and remove from heat.
JULIA MOSKIN'S CREAMY MACARONI & CHEESE - THE …
EASY HOMEMADE BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - JULIA'S …
SEVEN RECIPES EVERY S.C. COOK SHOULD KNOW
CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, MACARONI …
THE FAMOUS… MACARONI & CHEESE - MONTANA
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE IN THE WORLD
JULIE'S FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
HOMEMADE MACARONI AND CHEESE – JULIA PACHECO
MAMAW BIRDIE S WORLD FAMOUS MACARONI CHEESE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PATTI LABELLE'S MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
JULIA BELLE'S WORLD-FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
JULIA BELLE S WORLD FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
JOANNE LINDSEY’S “WORLD-FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE” - THE …
JULIA CHILD INSPIRED MACARONI AND CHEESE - BLUEDEPTH'S JOURNAL
WORLD BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
JULIA BELLE'S WORLD-FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE - CINDY'S TABLE AND PALEO RECIPE BOOK
JULIA MOSKIN'S CREAMY MACARONI & CHEESE RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHEESE — BLOG - JULIA BELLE'S SEASONINGS
ABOUT JULIA BELLE'S SEASONING RUBS & MIXES — JULIA BELLE'S …
FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE - COOKEATSHARE
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: JULIE'S FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE
JULIA RECIPES: BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE VELVEETA
GRANDMA PHYLLIS' FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE - GOOD DINNER MOM
JULIE'S FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE | RECIPESTY
HOMEMADE MACARONI & CHEESE – JULIA PACHECO
BEST MACARONI AND CHEESE - SPECIAL RECIPES - COOKS.COM
MAC 'N' CHEESE RECIPE FROM THE BOOK "JULIA'S CHILD" | MAC AND …
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE - RECIPE GIRL®
CROCK POT MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
SOUTH CAROLINA LIVING JUNE 2017 BY SOUTH CAROLINA LIVING - ISSUU
JULIA THE CHILD'S RECIPES: OVER THE RAINBOW MACARONI …
(UNITED STATES) CLASSIC HOMEMADE MACARONI AND CHEESE. EASY …
JULIE&#39;S FAMOUS MACARONI AND CHEESE TASTY RECIPES
MACARONI AND CHEESE - LIDIA
OVER-THE-RAINBOW MACARONI AND CHEESE - OPRAH.COM
BEST PULL-APART MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - PARADE: …
CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE | JULIA MOSKIN | COPY ME THAT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love