LIME CHIFFON PIE
Ramp up the flavor zing in this Lime Chiffon Pie with lime juice and freshly grated zest. This super-fluffy citrus crowd-pleasing Lime Chiffon Pie can even fit your healthy eating plan.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to make 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted.
- Whisk in COOL WHIP, zest and juice. Refrigerate 15 min. or until mixture is thick enough to mound. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Fat 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE
From the "New Basics Cookbook". This is the best Key Lime pie I have had, though it is not exactly the traditional Key Lime Pie. It is a little bit of work :) but the results are worth it!
Provided by Dwynnie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Prepare the syrup:.
- Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and heat to a simmer. Stir in the julienned lime zest and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and reserve 1/3 cup of the syrup. Discard the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the crust:.
- Combine the graham crackers, brown sugar, grated lime zest, and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture holds together. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 8 minutes. Set the crust on a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the filling:.
- Heat the reserved syrup in a small saucepan. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the gelatin over the syrup. Let it soften for 1 minute. Stir in the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the 2 egg yolks. Stir over low heat until the mixture is thick and frothy (5 minutes). Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg whites and 2 Tbs of the sugar with an electric mixer until stiff. Transfer the whites to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the cream, vanilla, and 2 Tbs sugar with the mixer until it is thick. Fold the whipped cream into the egg whites while drizzling with the reserved lime mixture. When the mixture is smooth, spoon it into the prepared crust.
- Chill, uncovered, until firm (2 to 3 hours).
- Optional: Top with additional whipped cream and a slice of lime.
KEY LIME PIE
- For the graham cracker crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break up the graham crackers; place in a food processor and process to crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, place the crackers in a large plastic bag; seal and then crush the crackers with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and sugar and pulse or stir until combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and side of a pie pan, forming a neat border around the edge. Bake the crust until set and golden, 8 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack; leave the oven on.
- For the filling: Meanwhile, in an electric mixer with the wire whisk attachment, beat the egg yolks and lime zest at high speed until very fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add the condensed milk and continue to beat until thick, 3 or 4 minutes longer. Lower the mixer speed and slowly add the lime juice, mixing just until combined, no longer. Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- For the topping: Whip the cream and the confectioners' sugar until nearly stiff. Cut the pie into wedges and serve very cold, topping each wedge with a large dollop of whipped cream.
KEY LIME PIE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust: Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or a resealable plastic bag. Pour them into a bowl and stir in the melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture into a pie pan and bake until golden and set, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the filling: Mix the condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and egg yolks in the bowl of a mixer and mix on high until smooth and thick.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour -- more if possible.
- Serve with whipped cream.
NO-BAKE LIME CHIFFON PIE
- In 1-quart saucepan, place lime juice; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Heat over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in lime peel.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk and food colors. Stir in lime juice mixture. Using rubber spatula, fold in all but 1/4 cup of the whipped topping. Spread in pie crust, smoothing top. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, garnish pie with remaining 1/4 cup whipped topping and lime slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 105 mg, Sugar 27 g, TransFat 2 g
FLUFFY KEY LIME PIE
For a taste of paradise, try this no-bake Key lime pie recipe. It's low in fat, sugar and fuss. It truly is the best Key lime pie recipe ever! -Frances VanFossan, Warren, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Whisk in yogurt. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust., Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 159mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
KEY LIME PIE
This is the frozen key lime pie that ends up all over Jack Nicholson's face in the film adaptation of the novel "Heartburn," Nora Ephron's thinly veiled recounting of her disastrous marriage to Carl Bernstein. It is very easy to make, and the large amount of key lime juice guarantees a tart, impressive flavor. We recommend eating it, though, not using it as a weapon.
Provided by Jennifer Steinhauer
Yield One 9-inch pie (8 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a mixing bowl, beat yolks until thick, about 3 minutes. Add condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest. Beat again until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into pie shell, filling it to the brim and mounding slightly on top. Cover with plastic wrap, stretching wrap tightly across surface. Freeze until firm, at least three hours.
- Just before serving, remove from freezer and discard plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then spread with whipped cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 482, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 241 milligrams, Sugar 59 grams
KEY LIME PIE
- For the Crust: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine graham-cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl; mix well. Press into a 9-inch pie plate, and bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- For the Filling: Lower oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice, and zest. Pour into the prepared, cooled crust.
- Return pie to oven, and bake until the center is set but still quivers when the pan is nudged, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the Whipped Cream Topping: Shortly before serving, combine cream and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon over cooled pie and serve immediately.
- For the Meringue Topping: Add topping shortly before serving. In a large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread meringue on pie, making sure it touches the crust all around. Use a kitchen blowtorch to brown meringue all over.
NO BAKE LEMON-LIME CHIFFON PIE
- Pour the boiling water into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat the evaporated milk in a mixer bowl until stiff. Add the lemon juice and sugar; continue beating. Stir in the gelatin mixture and blend thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour.
- Pour filling into the crusts. Chill until firm, about 1 hour, or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.2 g, Cholesterol 6.9 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 219.8 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
LIME CHIFFON DESSERT
"This make-ahead recipe was given to me by an aunt many years ago," writes Joyce Key. "Her recipe called for lemon gelatin, but we like this dessert with more of a bite to it, so we use lime instead. The light fluffy squares are especially great in summer," assures the Snellville, Georgia cook.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the first three ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool. , In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 336 calories, Fat 19g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 187mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "key lime chiffon pie recipes"
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE - BAKING BITES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
RECIPE: KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE W/ BISCOFF COOKIE CRUST | RECIPE | COOKIE …
RITA'S RECIPES: KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE - PINTEREST.COM
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPE FOR LIME CHIFFON PIE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE - CKBK
CHIFFON KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
KEY LIME PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST-EVER KEY LIME PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SKINNY KEY LIME PIE - CHIFFON PIE RECIPES
EAGLE BRAND® | LEMON CHIFFON PIE
LOW-FAT KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
KEY LIME PIE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - TODAY.COM
KEY LIME PIE | RICARDO
LIME CHIFFON PIE - CRISCO
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE - MOM LOVES BAKING
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
THE SECRET TO REAL, TRADITIONAL KEY LIME PIE - DELISHABLY
NO BAKE LEMON CHIFFON PIE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHOCOLATE LIME CHIFFON PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
LIME CHIFFON PIE | RECIPE CART
KEY LIME PIE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
RECIPES FOR LIME CHIFFON PIE WITH GROCERY LISTS AND NUTRITIONAL …
BEST RECIPES : KEY LIME CHIFFON PIE
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #american #pies #citrus #lime #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a key lime chiffon pie?This flavorful Key Lime Chiffon Pie uses fresh key limes, gelatin, eggs yolks and egg whites piled into a graham cracker crust. Be the first to rate! Select... Citrus Leftover Egg Yolks Pies Mix the ingredients and press them into a 9" pie plate. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly browned. Place on a rack to cool.
How do you make lime pie crust?Stir in lime peel. In medium bowl, mix condensed milk and food colors. Stir in lime juice mixture. Using rubber spatula, fold in all but 1/4 cup of the whipped topping. Spread in pie crust, smoothing top. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm. Before serving, garnish pie with remaining 1/4 cup whipped topping and lime slices.
How do you Make Lemonade with egg yolks and lime?Stir in the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the 2 egg yolks. Stir over low heat until the mixture is thick and frothy (5 minutes). Set aside to cool to room temperature. Beat the egg whites and 2 Tbs of the sugar with an electric mixer until stiff.
How do you make a graham cracker pie crust?Combine the graham crackers, brown sugar, grated lime zest, and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture holds together. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 8 minutes. Set the crust on a wire rack to cool.