KOLACKY-POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES. RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by sleepy-writer
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add flour; beat at low speed until mixture forms soft dough. Divide dough ball in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Preheat oven to 375*F. Roll out dough, half at a time, on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 2-1/2 inch squares. Spoon 1 tsp. preserves into center of each square. Bring up two opposite corners to center; pinch together tightly to seal. Fold sealed tip to one side; pinch to seal. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Merry Christmas from....Aj The original Polish Prince.
GRANDMA'S KOLACKY COOKIES
A cookie recipe given to me by my husband's Polish grandma (busia) that I have to double because they fly off the plate -- one recipe for them and one for me! My favorite Solo filling is Apricot, but any are wonderful.The pronounciation is "Kolatchkie", but I've never seen it spelled any other way than Kolacky! (Dough can be refrigerated and cookies frozen after making.)
Provided by Mareesme
Yield 5-6 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut butter into flour with two forks to resemble small peas, as you would pie crust. Stir in sour cream with serving spoon and mix well.
- Form into 2 balls and store, covered, in refrigerator to chill. Taking out one ball at a time, dust each with flour and roll on floured surface to approximately 1/8 thickness. (Note: If dough starts tearing, it may need more flour or to be chilled a bit more.).
- Cut with larger round cookie cutter or coffee cup, Fill center with approximately 1-2 teaspoons Solo, Bring up each side and pinch to close.
- Bake at 350 dg. for 12-15 minutes, until bottiom of cookie is just beginning to brown. Cool on wire racks then dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 805.7, Fat 60.5, SaturatedFat 37.7, Cholesterol 158.4, Sodium 506.1, Carbohydrate 57.9, Fiber 2, Sugar 1.1, Protein 8.8
This simple Czech cream cheese pastry, pronounced kolotch-key, is a very old holiday favorite. Using Solo®-brand filling found in the baking aisle is a delicious time-saver. The prune flavor is scrumptious!
Provided by mommymeggy
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar into the butter mixture. Slowly beat in the flour; mix well. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- On a well floured board, roll out chilled dough to 1/8 inch. Use a pizza wheel to cut dough into 2 1/2 inch squares. Spoon approximately 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each square; do not overfill. Fold opposite corners of each square into the middle to encase dough, pinching dough together in center. Filling should peek out a little at each end. Transfer cookies to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the kolacky in the preheated oven until set but not brown, about 12 minutes. Remove to racks to cool. Dust cooled kolacky with remaining powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Cholesterol 20.4 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 58.8 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
CREAM CHEESE KOLACKY
The dough for these cookies is what makes them exceptional. I always quadruple this recipe for the holidays. Most popular fillings are peach, apricot, raspberry and date. Use your imagination! This year I'm trying Michigan cherry preserves and cranberry marmalade. You better hide a few for Christmas day--these are the ones that go first!
Provided by MBMCD
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour slowly until well blended. Shape into a ball and chill overnight or for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick on a floured pastry board. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares and place about 1/2 teaspoon jam or preserves in the center. Overlap opposite corners and pinch together. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle kolacky lightly with confectioner's sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.1 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 11.3 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 32 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
POLISH KOLACKY COOKIES
Bake a batch of our Polish Kolacky Cookies for your next holiday party! Our scrumptious Polish Kolacky Cookies get their creamy texture from PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and fruity flavor from apricot and raspberry filling.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Festive 2018
Yield 24 servings, 2 cookies each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine flour and baking powder. Beat butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into thirds; shape each into ball. Flatten each ball slightly; wrap separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Roll out 1 ball of dough into 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into 2-1/2-inch squares, rerolling trimmings as necessary. Spoon about 1/2 tsp. pastry filling onto center of each square. Use finger tip to lightly moisten 2 opposite corners of each dough square with water, then overlap corners in center and press together to seal. Place, filling sides up and 1 inch apart, on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 13 to 15 min. or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 3 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Fat 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 30 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
KOLACHKE (GLAZED POLISH PASTRY)
Kolachkes-claimed by both Poles and Czechs-are round pastries topped with either poppy seeds, nuts, jam, or a mashed fruit mixture. Karen Maderich's heirloom recipe was a first-place winner of Martha Stewart Living Television's Cookie of the Week Contest.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 4 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine sour cream and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside until slightly bubbly, about 10 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in egg until smooth. Set aside.
- Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in sour-cream mixture until dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Make a thumbprint in the center of each cookie. Fill each thumbprint with 1 teaspoon preserves. Bake until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer pans to rack to cool. Let cookies cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove cookies to rack. While cookies are still warm, drizzle with sugar glaze.
KOLATKI/KOLACKI (UKRAINIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES VIA CZECHOSLOVAKIA)
This is an old recipe from my Mom's dad's side, the origins of which we are unsure. All we know is, they are addictive! Unlike traditional Polish and Czech pastries by the same name, these are tiny open-ended jam cookies. They are traditionally eaten at Christmastime. This is my mom's version of the recipe, so I must warn you from experience that if you double it, you will actually have more of a quadruple recipe!
Provided by abcdefg
Yield 50-75 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks and lemon zest.
- Stir in flour, creating stiff dough.
- Mold dough into hamburger-size patties and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Roll patty out 1/8-1/4 inch thick, preferably on chilled marble or glass cutting board.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Place squares on cookie sheet (ungreased is OK).
- In each square, dab about 1/3 teaspoon pastry filling.
- Fold one corner halfway over pastry so that it points to opposite corner.
- With pastry brush, dab egg white onto folded corner.
- Fold opposite corner onto folded corner.
- Press lightly to fix with egg white.
- Optional: Brush egg white over top of cookie and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.1, Fat 11, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 44.6, Sodium 81.1, Carbohydrate 15.7, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 4.1, Protein 2.6
More about "kolacky polish christmas cookies recipes"
POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIES: CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE
Cuisine PolishTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertsCalories 190 per serving
- Whisk butter with cream cheese and egg yolk. Once it’s fluffy, add the flour to the mixture and whisk it in.
- Add in flour and whisk it all until smooth, then wrap in a foil and put in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut pieces about 2x2" each, then place jam in the middle of everywhere square.
EASY KOLACKY RECIPE - POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES YOU NEED …
4.5/5 (16)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 324 per serving
KOLACZKI (POLISH COOKIES) | MOM ON TIMEOUT
5/5 (31)Servings 20Cuisine PolishCategory Dessert
KOłACZKI: POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES [BEST RECIPE!] | POLONIST
4.5/5 (26)Total Time 55 minsCuisine PolishCalories 86 per serving
POLISH DESSERTS KOLACHE BEST RECIPES
KOLACZKI THE GREATEST POLISH COOKIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
KOLACKY - POLISH COOKIES - CULINARY MAMAS | RECIPE | POLISH COOKIES ...
KOLACKY POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIES - YOUTUBE
POLISH KOLACKY COOKIES RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
POLISH CREAM CHEESE COOKIES (KOLACZKI) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIES, CREAM CHEESE COOKIES - BAKER BETTIE
8 POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES - THESPRUCEEATS.COM
9 POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES | TASTE OF HOME
KOłACZKI ⋆ POLISH COOKIES ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
EASY KOLACZKI COOKIES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIES ⋆ VINTAGE MOUNTAIN HOMESTEAD
KOLACKY WITH FLAKY CREAM CHEESE PASTRY - COOKING WITH CARLEE
KOłACZKI (POLISH FILLED COOKIES) - POLISH HOUSEWIFE
KOłACZKI COOKIES - THE SPIFFY COOKIE
KOLACKY POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
KOLACKY COOKIES BEST RECIPES
HOMEMADE POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIES | COOKIES AND CUPS
TRADITIONAL POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES TO MAKE THIS HOLIDAY ...
KOLACZKI RECIPE (POLISH COOKIES) - MOMSDISH
POLISH CREAM CHEESE COOKIES | (AKA KOLACZKI) | MANTITLEMENT
KOLACZKI (POLISH COOKIES WITH FILLING) - BAKE IT WITH LOVE
KOLACZKI - POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE - YOUTUBE
POLISH KOLACZKI CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
POLISH KOLACKY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
POLISH CREAM CHEESE COOKIES (AKA KOLACZKI OR KOLACKY)
EASY KOLACKY COOKIES RECIPE - COOK LIKE CZECHS
BEST POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIES RECIPE WITH APRICOT FILLING (GLUTEN FREE)
KOLACKY COOKIES - DIXIE CRYSTALS | RECIPES
KOLACKY-POLISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES. | RECIPE | POLISH CHRISTMAS ...
EASY KOLACZKI RECIPE (SOLO BRAND KOLACKY THUMBPRINT COOKIES)
EASY TRADITIONAL KOLACHKY COOKIES RECIPE FOR CHRISTMAS
RECIPE FOR KOLACKY COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
KOLACZKI - TRADITIONAL POLISH COOKIES | IT IS A KEEPER
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make kolachky cookies?Cream Cheese based cookie topped with sweet preserves makes these Kolachky cookies irresistible! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar. Beat until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add baking powder and flour. Beat until a soft dough forms.
How to make the best Polish kolaczki?Bake the Cookies: Bake the cookies at 350°F for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Once they’re no longer hot, dust them with powdered sugar. Enjoy! Below, find a couple of tips and tricks to help you make the best Polish kolaczki. Use softened butter and cream cheese.
What are some recipes for Christmas cookies in Poland?9 Polish Christmas Cookie Recipes 1 Apple Kolaches. A fellow home cook shared this recipe for a sweet, fruit-filled pastry. My son, who isn’t a dessert fan,... 2 Khrustyky. This crispy, dainty pastry dusted with confectioners' sugar has an eggy flavor similar to cream puffs. 3 Citrus Gingerbread Cookies. More ...
Can You bake Kołaczki Christmas cookies?These jam-filled cookies are mostly enjoyed on their own, without any sides or dips. A glass of milk or a cup of warm beverage would go with these Kołaczki nicely. Can you bake these Polish Christmas Cookies another way? Not really. You can swap cream cheese for a thick sour cream or ground Twaróg (Polish-style Farmer’s Cheese) .