EASY BULGOGI (KOREAN BBQ BEEF)
Most Bulgogi recipes call for crushed pear. This is for tenderizing the meat. My boyfriend's Korean mother says Coca-Cola® can also be used for the same purpose. This recipe uses very thin-sliced meat so tenderization isn't necessary. Sugar is used instead.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by KDC860
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine yellow onion, white and light green parts of green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well mixed. Add steak slices to marinade; cover and refrigerate, 1 hour to 1 day.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook and stir steak and marinade together in the hot skillet, adding honey to caramelize the steak, until steak is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish bulgogi with green parts of green onions.
BULGOGI (KOREAN GRILLED BEEF)
Bulgogi, a Korean classic of marinated grilled beef, is easy to make and fun to eat; it's no wonder it is one of the country's most successful culinary exports. As with most Korean barbecue, the meat is seasoned with sesame and scallion, and has ripe pears in the marinade to tenderize the meat and add a characteristic sweetness. Round, pale yellow Asian pears are traditional, but Bosc pears are just fine. The meat is only half the recipe: Just as important are the crunchy vegetables, pungent herbs and savory sauces that all get wrapped together into delicious mouthfuls. Perilla is a common Korean herb in the mint family, but if you cannot find it, you can try other herbs like shiso or cilantro. Make sure to wrap your bundle tightly: According to Korean tradition, you must finish it in a single bite!
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories dinner, lunch, barbecues, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
KOREAN MARINATED BEEF (BULGOGI)
This popular dish can be found on the menu at virtually every Korean restaurant in Manhattan. The beef is topped with various accompaniments such as a few raw garlic slices, kimchi (assorted spicy pickles), and steamed white rice, then wrapped in lettuce and eaten with your hands.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Lillian Chou
Yield 4 main-course servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Stir together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, white and pale green scallions, garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons sesame seeds in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add steak and toss to coat, then marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until just smoking, then add steak in 1 layer and sauté, turning over occasionally, until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with scallion greens and remaining 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, then serve with accompaniments.
- *Available at Asian markets and many supermarkets.
Just like my Korean mom makes it! It's delicious! Even better if rolled up in red leaf lettuce with rice and hot pepper paste. If you want to spice it up just add red pepper powder to your marinade.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Tenny Sharp
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the beef in a shallow dish. Combine soy sauce, sugar, green onion, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Pour over beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Quickly grill beef on hot grill until slightly charred and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
BEEF BULGOGI(KOREAN MARINATED BEEF)
Make and share this Beef Bulgogi(Korean Marinated Beef) recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by vcroker
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the beef in a shallow dish.Combine soy sauce,sugar,green onion,garlic,sesame seeds,sesame oil and ground black pepper in a small bowl.Pour over beef.cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat on outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Quickly grill beef on hot grill untill slightly charred and cooked through,1 to 2 minutes per side.
People also searched
More recipes about "korean marinated beef bulgogi"
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI - DAMN DELICIOUS
2019-04-21 · In a medium bowl, combine pear, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and gochujang. In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine soy sauce mixture and steak; marinate …
A RECIPE FOR BULGOGI MARINADE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ingredients 1/2 cup/120 milliliters soy sauce 1/3 cup/80 milliliters sugar 3 tablespoons/45 milliliters sake (or rice wine or sherry)
KOREAN MARINATED BEEF (BULGOGI) | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Get FREE ACCESS to every recipe and rating from this season of our TV show. ... Korean Marinated Beef (Bulgogi) 0. PUBLISHED JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2019 . SERVES 4. WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. For our version of bulgogi we first had to pick the best cut of beef. Rib-eye steak offered a nice combination of marbled interior and rich beef …
BULGOGI (KOREAN BBQ BEEF) RECIPE | KOREAN BAPSANG
2019-04-14 · Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. “Bul” means fire in Korean, and “gogi” is a general term for meat. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken (dak bulgogi) and pork (dweji bulgogi), the term “bulgogi” generally refers to the beef ...
BULGOGI KOREAN BEEF BBQ RECIPE - MAANGCHI.COM
2012-11-01 · Made with: beef tenderloin, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, green onion, ground black pepper, Korean pear, onion, rice syrup, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, This recipe was originally posted on November 1, 2012 by Maangchi. It was last updated on May …
See details ››
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
2020-06-24 · If you want to cook this in a pan, heat the pan over medium-high heat and add in 1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil and spread out the drained marinated beef around the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side just like on the grill. I like to serve bulgogi with a side of rice and stir-fried vegetables. More Amazing Beef Recipes…
- Add the apple, garlic, sugars, water, sesame oil, and plum extract to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, add the onions and steak to a plastic zip bag or plastic container and pour in the blended marinade to completely submerge everything.
- Move the meat and onions around to make sure the marinade gets into every crack and crevice of the bag.
BULGOGI - MY KOREAN GRANDMOTHER'S FAMILY BULGOGI RECIPE
2009-07-27 · To cook the beef bulgogi, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oi to a hot pan – a cast iron pan works the best. Add the marinated bulgogi to the pan and cook the beef in batches, not to overcrowd the pan. The beef only needs about three minutes to cook. The bulgogi should be cooked through, no medium rare beef.
- Add the onions, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, red pepper flakes, pepper, and sesame seeds to a medium bowl. Feel free to add the optional ginger if you would like. Whisk all the ingredients for about 10 seconds.
- Add the sliced beef to the bowl and gently massage the beef with the bulgogi marinade for approximately 2 minutes.
- If cooking the bulgogi immediately, allow the beef to soak in the bulgogi marinade for at least 30 minutes before cooking. If you plan on cooking later, cover the bowl in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- To cook the beef bulgogi, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oi to a hot pan – a cast iron pan works the best.
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI RECIPE - HAPPY TUMMY RECIPES
2020-10-20 · Korean Beef Bulgogi Recipe “ Rich and savory Korean beef bulgogi made with thin slices of tender meat marinated in a sweet and salty sauce then grilled or stir-fried in a pan. Perfectly paired …
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients except the beef. Mix thoroughly until sugar is completely dissolved and ingredients are incorporated.
- Place skillet or wok over medium heat. Using a tong, put a small batch of marinated beef in the skillet. Let the beef sear on each side until cooked through and have a nice brown color. Be careful not to overcook the meat so it stays tender.
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI - SPOON FORK BACON
2021-05-11 · Bulgogi is a popular Korean BBQ dish (literally translating to “fire meat”) made of thinly sliced marinated beef ribeye or sirloin. The beef is marinated in a blend of soy sauce, sesame oil, …
BEEF BULGOGI (SPICY KOREAN BBQ) - GINGER WITH SPICE
2021-03-28 · The Recipe: Beef Bulgogi (Spicy Korean BBQ) Mix all the beef marinade ingredients, except for the beef. Carefully mix in the thinly sliced beef (see above for tips) with the marinade …
- Cut carrots into matchsticks or thinner and place in a bowl. Drizzle a generous amount of salt on top. Don’t worry, we will wash it off. Rinse them after 15 minutes, and you’ll notice the salt has taken a lot of water out of the carrots.
- Mix rice wine vinegar, water and sugar together with coriander seeds, ginger and garlic. Pour over the carrots and stir to coat. Let it sit for an hour before eating, but longer is also good. Keeps well in the fridge.
- Mix all the beef marinade ingredients, except for the beef. Carefully mix in the thinly sliced beef (see above for tips) with the marinade ingredients. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Cook the beef bulgogi in small batches on high heat. Add a little neutral oil to the pan. Focus on the meat (leave the onion stuff in the bowl), it needs only a couple of minutes in the pan. Set all the cooked beef aside and reduce the heat.
BULGOGI (MARINATED KOREAN BEEF) RECIPE - SALU SALO RECIPES
2019-11-10 · In a medium glass bowl, combine the onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, pepper flakes, ground pepper, sesame seeds and green onion. Add the sliced beef and, using your fingers, gently coat the beef with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and then place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
BULGOGI (KOREAN BBQ BEEF) - MY KOREAN KITCHEN
2020-05-08 · 800 g rib eye (1.76 pounds) or top sirloin (or any tender prime beef cut), thinly sliced, 2mm to 3mm (1/8 inch) thickness 1 onion (130 g / 4.6 ounces), optional, peeled & thinly sliced 2 stalks green onion (55 g / 2 ounces), optional, thinly sliced 1/2 carrot (55 g / 2 ounces), optional, peeled & thinly sliced
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
2021-07-14 · VARIATIONS ON KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI. Diet coke: For some extra sweet delicious flavor, mix diet coke in with the marinade. 1 cup diet coke should be plenty. You could also try ginger ale for a more mild sweet taste. Mix-ins: For some vegetable mix-ins, try adding a couple of medium bell peppers to Korean Beef Bulgogi. Red pepper, yellow pepper, or green pepper would work.
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI RECIPE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
2020-11-27 · This marinade is packed with sweet, savory, and smoky flavors from the soy sauce, sesame oil, and fresh ginger making this marinade a go-to favorite for any meat. This recipe pairs well with our Spicy Asian Cucumber salad. Ingredients for our Korean Beef Bulgogi Recipe. Ingredients: 1/4 cup soy sauce; 2 tablespoons rice vinegar; 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger; Minced …
KOREAN MARINATED BEEF | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
2018-12-05 · Many bulgogi marinade recipes include pear or kiwi—fruits that contain enzymes that tenderize the meat. To test their tenderizing effects for ourselves, we added ½ cup each of crushed pear and crushed kiwi to separate batches of our marinade and soaked slices of …
KOREAN MARINATED BEEF - BULGOGI RECIPE - FLAVORITE
2015-10-19 · Korean Marinated Beef – Bulgogi. Flavorite . Rate this recipe . 1 ratings. Category: Entree,Dinner . Cuisine: Korean . Bulgogi is one of the most loved Korean dishes in the world. It is pretty easy to make and all ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store. Thinly sliced Beef (500g /17 oz) ½ Carrot ; 1 Onion; 3 Mushrooms; ½ Spring onion; For Marinade sauce. 6 Tbsp Soy sauce; 3 …
BULGOGI (KOREAN GRILLED BEEF) プルコギ • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
2020-06-09 · Gather all the ingredients. To make the bulgogi marinade, add 4 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp sesame oil, and 3 Tbsp brown sugar, and crush 8 cloves garlic (or minced garlic) in a large bowl. Grate ½ of an Asian pear. Add freshly ground black pepper and mix all together.
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI | BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
2017-06-29 · Bulgogi Recipe. Combine all the beef ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with your hands to distribute all the seasonings. Let the meat marinate on the counter for about 30 minutes. Set the meat next to the stove, along with a second empty bowl. While the meat is marinating, prepare the peppers and onions, slicing them into long strips about 1 ...
See details ››
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI RECIPE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
In the small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ginger, and oyster sauce. Mix the meat strips with the spices until well coated. Let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator. After marinating, heat a large heavy skillet or wok over high heat.
See details ››
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI - JO COOKS
2021-06-08 · How To Make Korean Beef Bulgogi. Make the marinade: Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Marinate the beef: Add the sliced beef to the marinade and using your clean hands, massage the beef with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cook the beef: In a non-stick skillet ...
See details ››
GET BULGOGI MARINADE RECIPE MAANGCHI PICS
2021-07-27 · Bulgogi Korean beef BBQ recipe - Maangchi.com from www.maangchi.com 1 pound of beef tenderloin, sliced thinly into pieces ½ inch x 2 inches and ⅛. Add beef or mushrooms, making sure everything is fully coated in marinade. Make the bulgogi marinade by blitzing all the ingredients together in a food processor.
See details ››
KOREAN BEEF KABOBS (BEEF BULGOGI) RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
2020-05-17 · Korean beef kabobs (beef bulgogi) simple marinated steak made into kabobs with onions, peppers, and pineapple. Korean BBQ skewers are easy and delicious! Amazingly tender, flavorful, and grilled. It’s all right here in this simple recipe for Korean beef kabobs. And as if Korean beef aka bulgogi wasn’t good enough (more like filling enough ...
See details ››