LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE
Here is a recipe from the Los Angeles chef Suzanne Goin that plays to children as well as to the most sophisticated of palates. It is for crisp lamb meatballs cooked through in a fragrant, vaguely North African sauce of tomato sauce zipped up with orange juice and warm spices, then topped with feta and mint. Ms. Goin first served the dish at one of her Los Angeles restaurants, and put it into ''The A.O.C. Cookbook'' (2013), devoted to that restaurant's food. A version of the dish was later introduced to the menu of her children's school. It can be cooked in an hour's time, not all of it busy, and served with pita or plain pasta, bulgur or couscous.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, mix together the onion, cream, egg yolks, cinnamon, cumin, red pepper and cayenne. Put the lamb in the bowl, and season it aggressively with salt and pepper. Add the bread crumbs and parsley, and combine the mixture well. Shape the meat into balls that are a little larger than golf balls.
- Grease a baking pan with olive oil, and put the meatballs onto it, spaced evenly. Place beneath the broiler, and cook, turning once or twice, until the meatballs are well browned, approximately 5 to 7 minutes, then set meatballs aside. Turn oven to 400.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Pass the tomatoes through a food mill, or whizz them quickly in a food processor. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat for a minute, then add olive oil, rosemary and red pepper and shake to combine. Cook for another minute, then add onion, thyme, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and bay leaf and sauté until the onions are translucent, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, orange juice and peel, along with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes over medium-low heat, until reduced by a third. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a large baking dish that you can put on the table. Transfer the meatballs to the sauce, putting them about ½ inch from each other. Bake for 15 or 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the meatballs are cooked through.
- Top with crumbled feta and scattered mint.
LITTLE LAMB MEATBALLS IN A SPICY EGGPLANT TOMATO SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine eggplant, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until eggplant begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in minced onion and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until onion softens, 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and marinara sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce mixture has reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk bread crumbs, egg, and Greek yogurt in a large bowl until the bread crumbs absorb all the liquid, about 3 minutes.
- Mix onions, garlic, Kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and coriander into the bread crumb mixture.
- Crumble lamb into bread crumb spice mixture; stir in cayenne pepper.
- Form lamb mixture into small meatballs and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake until browned, but still pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and stir into simmering sauce. Simmer over low heat until sauce begins to thicken, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.1 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 123.5 mg, Fat 26.4 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 24.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 1284.1 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH ROSEMARY TOMATO SAUCE
This hearty dish makes a simple and speedy midweek meal but can also be frozen ahead for a last-minute dinner
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course, Pasta
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatballs and cook, turning often, until browned. Remove from the pan.
- Tip the onions into the pan with the remaining oil and a pinch of salt and cook until very soft, 10-15 mins. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for 2 mins more.
- Add the tomatoes and return meatballs to the pan. Simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked through. Season and serve with the pasta, sprinkle with rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 23 grams protein, Sodium 1.84 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS IN CUMIN CORIANDER SPICED TOMATO SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix lamb, Spice Mix, egg, and ketchup, being careful not to overwork the meat. Form into 1 1/4-ounce balls, about the size of a ping-pong ball. Place meatballs on a large baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and heat, then add the onions and lightly saute until soft. Add garlic, shallots, cinnamon sticks, cumin, and coriander and saute over low heat, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato puree and bring to a boil. Add stock and season sauce with salt, ground black pepper, mint, and parsley. Simmer for about 10 minutes and remove the cinnamon sticks.
- To serve: Add the meatballs to the sauce and heat until warmed through. Pour a small amount of sauce on the plate and add 5 meatballs per serving. Garnish with toasted slivered almonds, mint, and warm pita wedges.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the spices together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICY TOMATO CREAM SAUCE
These flavorful meatballs are cooked with a spicy tomato cream sauce. It has a fairly nice kick to it without being over-spicy. Delicious served over rice. Would go well with a nice green veggie on the side! Reminds me of Swedish Meatballs, only better!
Provided by IHeartDogs
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the meatballs, in a large bowl combine the lamb, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and garam masala and mix well-- use your hands, they work the best!
- Roll the mixture into 1" meatballs.
- You should gat about 16 or so.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add meatballs and fry until browned on all sides.
- While the meatballs are browning, place tomatoes in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Remove meatballs from skillet, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Set aside.
- Reduce heat a little, and add the onion to the pan drippings and saute until softened.
- Add more oil if needed.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, curry powder, cayenne pepper and sugar.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine.
- Add 1 cup of the chicken broth to the skillet.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half and half, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring well to blend.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and flour in a small cup until smooth, and add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add meatballs, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 623.3, Fat 44.5, SaturatedFat 18.1, Cholesterol 198.3, Sodium 1278.1, Carbohydrate 24.8, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 7.8, Protein 29.8
SPICY LAMB MEATBALLS
Succulent spicy lamb meatballs are mixed in a delicious tomato sauce and topped with creamy goat cheese and parsley. Recipe courtesy Chuck Hughes
Provided by Chuck Hughes
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 29
- For the meatballs:.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk. In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumb mixture, lamb, cheese, mustard, paprika, sambal, garlic, shallots and some salt and pepper. Form the mixture into about 20 small meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the meatballs on all sides until browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- For the sauce:.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots, celery and chiles and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the canned and fresh tomatoes, the oregano and 1/4 cup (60ml) water. Season with salt and pepper. Add the meatballs to the skillet and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Divide the meatballs among plates and spoon the sauce on top. Add a spoonful of goat cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with Naan Bread.
- Naan Bread:.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast with the sugar and salt in 1 cup (250ml) warm water. Let stand until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turning to coat, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Flatten the dough with your hands. Divide the dough into 8 pieces, each about the size of a golf ball. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Roll one ball of dough into a thin round on a lightly floured surface. Lightly oil a cast-iron skillet and heat until hot. Add the dough and cook until puffy and lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and brush the cooked side with butter. Continue cooking until browned, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining dough.
SPICY LAMB MEATBALLS
Spicy and succulent lamb meatballs with mushrooms, in a rich tangy tomato sauce - best with Basmati rice or spaghetti
Provided by spatman365
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Mix all the meatball ingredients really well until mixture binds together. Make them into about 12 medium sized balls and bake for 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Fry cumin seeds in the oil for a minute then add garlic, onions and ginger, fry further 5 minutes. Combine with rest of the sauce ingredients. Add water and let it simmer for 3 minutes. Add the meatballs and leave for another 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with rice or spaghetti
- For more - please go to http://www.spatman365.blogspot.co.uk/
More about "lamb meatballs with spiced tomato sauce recipes"
LEBANESE SPICED MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE
SPAGHETTI WITH LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
SPICY LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Healthy Meatball RecipesCalories 178 per serving
- Combine lamb, turkey, breadcrumbs, egg white, 1/2 cup onion, half the garlic, 2 tablespoons mint, coriander, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Gently mix to combine. Shape into 48 little meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining 1/2 cup onion and cook, stirring, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining garlic, wine, cayenne and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer over medium-low heat until the wine has reduced significantly, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, return to a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS IN SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - SAVOR …
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on it. Spray the rack with non-stick spray to prevent meatballs from sticking.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, garlic, lemon zest, spice mix, raisins and the mint. Using a fork or your hands, mix in the lamb and the bread crumbs until well combined. With a tablespoon form mixture into balls about 1 inches in diameter. There should be about 20 meatballs. Place the meatballs on the wire rack over the foil lined baking sheet and brush the top of the meatballs with oil. The wire rack will ensure even cooking of the meatballs. Transfer the meatballs to the middle of the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to skillet over medium-low heat and mash the garlic with a fork while it is cooking, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, wine and chicken stock. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium high heat and stir in the ginger, spice mix, brown sugar, cinnamon and cumin. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Spoon the hot sauce over the hot meatballs and serve. The remaining sauce may be served in a side dish for dipping with naan bread
GREEK-SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SPICY LAMB MEATBALLS WITH BURST TOMATOES - ZESTFUL KITCHEN
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
DELICIOUS LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO POLENTA RECIPE ...
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH A SPICY TOMATO SAUCE | SLIMMING WORLD …
SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS IN A FRAGRANT TOMATO SAUCE
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - I AM A FOOD BLOG
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS (IN A SWEET TOMATO SAUCE) - BOWL OF …
LAMB MEATBALLS W/SPICED TOMATO SAUCE | RIPE
LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - EASY PEASY FOODIE
SPICY MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - NORTHSTAR BISON
SPANISH STYLE LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - RECIPES
GRILLED LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - SUPERIOR FARMS
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | LAMB MEATBALLS
GREEK SAUCE LAMB - THERESCIPES.INFO
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE – WEEKNIGHT GOURMET
FRESH SUMMER FLAVORS WITH GRASS-FED LAMB | NEWS, SPORTS, JOBS ...
AMERICAN LAMB MEATBALLS WITH INDIAN CURRY SAUCE - SUPERIOR FARMS
SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS IN A STEWED TOMATO AND AUBERGINE …
SPICY LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPANISH STYLE LAMB MEATBALLS WITH SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
MEATBALLS WITH SPICED TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY MEATBALLS, SUPER FLAVORFUL! - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS IN SPICY TOMATO SAUCE - WAITROSE
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MIDDLE EASTERN MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE, FETA AND MINT
SPICY TOMATO SAUCE LAMB MEATBALLS - LINDSEY EATS
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH MINT, AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS & TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPICE …
LAMB AND SOUR CHERRY MEATBALLS IN A SPICED TOMATO SAUCE
SPICY TOMATO SAUCE AMERICAN LAMB MEATBALLS | AMERICAN LAMB
You'll also love