I am a wedding and event planner and one of my brides served these unusual cookies at her reception, so I had to have this lavender butter cookies recipe. You can guess what her wedding color was! -Glenna Tooman, Boise, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 6 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, lavender, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. , Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 54 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 35mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
GLAZED LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES
- For the cookies: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, lavender, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together the butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the lemon zest. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each, and then beat in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing on low until blended.
- Turn the dough out onto the counter and divide into 2 large discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Working with 1 dough disc at a time, roll it out on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch-thick. Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut out circles. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets spacing 1-inch apart. Gather and re-roll the scraps and cut out more circles.
- Bake until the cookies are just thinking about starting to turn brown, start checking at around 12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the buttercream: In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the powdered sugar and butter until smooth. Divide the buttercream amongst individual bowls (I suggest 5 or 6) and stir food coloring into each. Transfer to pastry bags fitted with tiny round or star tips.
- For the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, corn syrup, milk, vanilla, salt and a few drops of food coloring, if using, until very smooth. You're going for the consistency of a thick glue. If it's too thick-- add a couple more drops of milk and if it's too thin-- add a few spoonfuls of powdered sugar.
- Assemble the cookies: Dip the tops of each cooled cookie into the glaze, letting any excess drip off, and then place on a wire rack to dry. After a few minutes, once they're mostly dry to the touch (completely dry isn't necessary) you can go ahead and pipe on buttercream decorations. Go the freehand route or use cookie cutters to press indentations into the glaze which can serve as an outline for your decorations.
- Let dry and enjoy!
THE BEST LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES EVER
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir butter and egg into flour mixture until smooth; add vanilla extract and lavender. Gently mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are fragrant and edges turn light golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 46 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 98.1 mg, Sugar 12.6 g
- Preheat oven to 375 F (191 C).
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and lavender and mix well.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the lavender mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake eight to ten minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before removing them. Enjoy alone or with vanilla ice cream or tea.
LEMON LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES
Garden party dreams? Betty's got just the recipe for you. Serve up a sweet taste of spring with these light and flavorful lemon sugar cookies with just a hint of lavender! We spruced up our easy-to-make classic Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix by adding a little freshly-grated lemon zest and ground dried lavender and the result is delicious. Serve these chewy lemon sugar cookies as a delicious treat for your next spring-time brunch, alongside a cup of herbal tea in the afternoon, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent, cheerful dessert.
Provided by By Sarah Caron
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. In mortar and pestle, grind lavender into tiny pieces. Add lavender and lemon peel to dough; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
LAVENDER AND CITRUS SUGAR COOKIES
Delicious lemony sugar cookies with aromatic lavender. Brush the tops with egg whites and sprinkle with lavender and white sugar before baking, or just try them dusted with icing sugar once baked.
Provided by steveblair
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat butter and sugar in the work bowl of a stand mixer until mixture is creamy; beat egg, egg yolk, lemon zest, lavender, and vanilla extract into butter-sugar mixture at low speed. Beat flour into moist ingredients, 1 cup at a time, to make a workable dough. Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll dough out on a floured work surface to a thickness of about 1/8 inch. Cut dough into shapes using cookie cutters and place cookies onto baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, 9 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 2 to 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.5 calories, Carbohydrate 17.9 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 68.8 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES
- Cream the sugar, butter, powdered sugar and canola oil.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the baking soda, cream of tartar, flour and lavender flowers.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a cup at a time.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Drop 1 or 2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Immediately after taking out, sprinkle sugar and lavendar flowers on top of each cookie.
LAVENDER AND LEMON COOKIES
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flours, arrowroot, sugar, lavender, salt and baking soda.
- Add the butter and lemon zest. Pulse until the mixture forms a coarse meal. Add the honey and lemon juice. Pulse until the mixture forms a soft dough. Form the dough into 1-inch round balls and press into discs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/4-inch thick. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until light brown around the edges, 9 to 11 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely, about 15 minutes.
More about "lavender sugar cookies recipes"
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES – EAT WELL
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE :: STORY OF A KITCHEN
TOP 35 LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS …
VEGAN LAVENDER COOKIES – P. ALLEN SMITH
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES WITH EARL GREY GLAZE | KELLY NEIL
FRENCH LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
LEMON LAVENDER BUTTER COOKIES - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
LAVENDER SHORTBREAD COOKIES - EASY LAVENDER COOKIES
DELICIOUSLY BUTTERY LEMON LAVENDER COOKIES (WITH VIDEO)
LAVENDER LEMON SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | A MAGICAL MESS
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - THE COOKIE SCHOOL
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - CHEF MEGAN MITCHELL
LAVENDER SUGAR RECIPE FOR BAKING AND BEVERAGES - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST BAKING WITH LAVENDER SUGAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - SWEET FIX BAKER
LEMON LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - BAKED
LAVENDER SUGAR SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE SPICE HOUSE
LAVENDER VANILLA BEAN SUGAR COOKIES - HONEY BLONDE
LOW-CARB LAVENDER VANILLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES (KETO, PALEO, …
LE FINIS LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - IN THE HILLS
LAVENDER LEMON SUGAR COOKIES. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
MARY BERRY’S LAVENDER BISCUITS (SHORTBREAD COOKIES)
LEMON LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - IN BLOOM BAKERY
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - SIGNATURE SALTS AND SEASONINGS
LAVENDER LEMON SUGAR COOKIES - GREENS & CHOCOLATE
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
LAVENDER EARL GREY COOKIES » HUMMINGBIRD HIGH
EASY LAVENDER SHORTBREAD COOKIES - KEVIN LEE JACOBS
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LAVENDER EARL GREY SUGAR COOKIES – FGO - FROM GREAT ORIGINS
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES — ALYSE'S GUT COOKING
LIGHT & BUTTERY LAVENDER COOKIES - BETTER LIVING
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES | SWEET VALLEY BY JOLLY FARMER
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
ST. MARY LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES - ALLTHEHOUSEHOLD.COM
LAVENDER EARL GREY SUGAR COOKIES – TAKE ON TREATS
LAVENDER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #european #beginner-cook #dinner-party #finger-food #kid-friendly #spring #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #dietary #seasonal #free-of-something #brunch #presentation #sugar-cookies #nut-free #from-scratch
You'll also love