LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST
It's all about the layers and ruffles in this dramatic seasonal pie.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield Makes 1 (9") pie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Brush pie pan with about 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Whisk granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Place 2 phyllo sheets on a work surface with the long side facing you; keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap. Using pastry brush, lightly brush entire surface with butter, then sprinkle 1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar on right half of phyllo. Fold left half of both sheets over to enclose sugar. Brush surface lightly with butter. Press folded phyllo, buttered side down, into center and edges of prepared pan, leaving an equal overhang on two opposite sides. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, rotating where the overhang lies to create a star-like pattern.
- Pour lemon juice into a large bowl. Very thinly slice apples crosswise into rounds with mandoline (about 1 mm thick), transferring to lemon juice and tossing gently to coat as you go.
- Layer apple slices in phyllo-lined pan, overlapping in concentric circles to form a single even layer. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining apple slices, sprinkling with 1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar between each layer and pressing firmly with clean hands to compact. Repeat until pan is full, then sprinkle top with 2 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar (you may have leftover cinnamon sugar depending on the size of your apples; save for another use).
- Place pie pan on a rimmed baking sheet and tent with 2 pieces of overlapping foil, making sure phyllo crust is fully covered. Bake pie 2 hours. Remove foil and continue to bake until crust is golden brown, 15-20 more minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Using a clean pastry brush, brush juices from the edges of filling over top to create a shiny glaze. Let cool completely (apples will collapse and set as pie cools; this is okay) before serving.
- Do Ahead
- Pie can be made 1 day ahead; store at room temperature.
APPLE FRANGIPANE PHYLLO TART
An almond-flavored frangipane creates a nutty bottom layer for my apple tart. Golden phyllo dough creates a delicate and crispy melt-in-your-mouth crust.-Jessie Sarrazin, Livingston, Montana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; coat with cooking spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Gently press phyllo into a 9-in. tart pan, allowing ends to extend over edges of pan., Layer with remaining phyllo, spraying after each layer; arrange in pan, rotating phyllo so corners do not overlap. Fold in overhanging phyllo, to form a pastry shell., Place almonds and sugar in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground. Add the flour, butter and salt; pulse until blended., Add the egg yolks, amaretto and almond extract; cover and pulse to blend well. Spread filling over the bottom of phyllo shell., Halve apples and thinly slice widthwise. Arrange apples in a pinwheel pattern over filling., Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Remove to a wire rack and cool slightly. Brush warmed jelly over apples. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 38mg cholesterol, Sodium 91mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PHYLLO-TOPPED APPLE PIE
Posted by request. From the book "The Best-Ever Pastry Cookbook." Unusual take on apple pie, but perhaps the perfect solution for the crust-challenged.
Provided by Roosie
Yield 1 pie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Place them in a saucepan with sugar and lemon zest.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well and then cook for 5 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Stir in the golden raisins and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into a 5 cup pie dish.
- Level top with a spoon and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place a pie funnel in the center of the fruit.
- (alternately, insert several pieces of macaroni or penne pasta.) The function of this is to let the steam that builds up under your crust vent.
- Brush each sheet of phyllo with melted butter then scrunch up loosely and place over fruit to cover.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until crust is golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with custard or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.4, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 90, Carbohydrate 40.5, Fiber 4, Sugar 28.4, Protein 1.4
More about "layered apple pie with phyllo crust recipes"
10 BEST APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE TURNOVER WITH PHYLLO (FILO) PASTRY SHEETS - MY COOKING …
APPLE AND PHYLLO PASTRY BEST RECIPES - RECIPESFORWEB.COM
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST | HOMESTEAD RECIPES | COPY …
APPLE PIE IN PHYLLO PASTRY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST, TOP VIEW
APPLE GALETTE TART IN PHYLLO DOUGH - SCOTCH & SCONES
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE WITH A PHYLLO CRUST | EPICURIOUS
APPLE PHYLLO PIE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST RECIPE ALL YOU NEED IS …
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
PHYLLO DOUGH AND APPLE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST APPLE TART WITH PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE PIE (IN PHYLLO DOUGH) - AMIRA'S PANTRY
10 BEST PHYLLO APPLE PIE IDEAS | PHYLLO, PHYLLO RECIPES ... - PINTEREST
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE PIE WITH FILO PASTRY CRUST
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TOP 41 LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST
YASMIN FAHR'S SHORTCUT APPLE AND PEAR PHYLLO PIE | KITCHN
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST | RECIPE | PHYLLO DOUGH, PHYLLO ...
PHYLLO DOUGH APPLE PIE FILLING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
LAYERED APPLE STREUSEL PIE RECIPE | MCCORMICK
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST | WHOLE30 NEW ULM | COPY ME …
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST - MASTERCOOK
DESSERTS MADE USING PHYLLO DOUGH | ALLRECIPES
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST | RECIPE | PHYLLO, PHYLLO DOUGH ...
APPLE PIE MADE WITH PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY APPLE STRUDEL WITH FLAKY PHYLLO CRUST - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
PHYLLO DOUGH APPLE PIE FILLING : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS APPLE PIE - MINNEOPA ORCHARDS
APPLE-FETA PHYLLO PIES - CALIFORNIA GREEK GIRL
EASY PHYLLO APPLE TART - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
CRUSTY APPLE PIE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY NO FUSS FILO PASTRY APPLE PIE - EAZY PEAZY DESSERTS
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST | RECIPE | RECIPES, STUFFED …
LAYERED APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST | RECIPE | COOKIES RECIPES ...
25 EASY PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
APPLE PIE WITH PHYLLO CRUST - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make apple pie filling with phyllo?Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Repeat the process with the remaining phyllo sheets. Now, with the sheet pan placed horizontally (one long edge of phyllo facing you), spoon the apple filling somewhat towards the middle leaving about a 2-inch boarder of phyllo all around.
How to bake a whole phyllo pie?Preheat oven to 325°F. Brush pie pan with about 1 Tbsp. butter. Whisk granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Place 2 phyllo sheets on a work surface with the long side facing you; keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap.
How do you make streusel apple pie crust?1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix brown sugar, flour and apple pie spice in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1/3 of streusel mixture over bottom of pie crust.
How do you make the perfect pie crust?Brush pie pan with about 1 Tbsp. butter. Whisk granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Place 2 phyllo sheets on a work surface with the long side facing you; keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap.