SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH MUSHROOMS AND LEEKS
- Grease 2 baking dishes with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cut sourdough loaf into 1-inch cubes and divide cubes between the dishes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook leeks in the melted butter until they begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining butter, mushrooms, salt, and pepper; cook until mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over the bread. Mix cream, eggs, 2/3 of the cheeses, thyme, and parsley together in a large bowl. Pour over the bread and mushrooms. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Uncover puddings and sprinkle remaining cheeses on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops begin to brown, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.7 calories, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Cholesterol 232.7 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 20.5 g, Sodium 511 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
LEEK BREAD PUDDING
- Place a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, drain excess water from leeks, and add to pan. Season with salt, and sauté until leeks begin to soften, about 5 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in butter. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are very soft, about 30 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While leeks are cooking, spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until dry and pale gold, about 20 minutes, turning pan about halfway through. Transfer to a large bowl, leaving the oven on.
- Add leeks, chives and thyme to the bowl of bread; toss well. In another large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then whisk in milk, cream, a generous pinch of salt, pepper to taste and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese in bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Spread 1/2 of bread mixture in pan, and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup cheese. Spread remaining bread mixture in pan, and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup cheese. Pour in enough milk mixture to cover bread, and gently press on bread so milk soaks in. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Add remaining milk mixture, letting some bread cubes protrude. Sprinkle with salt and remaining cheese. Bake until pudding is set and top is brown and bubbling, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 450, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 472 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SAUSAGE AND LEEK SAVORY BREAD PUDDING
Brioche is the secret to this savory dish: The fluffy, eggy bread soaks up the cream and broth to produce a moist, custardy interior. Sausage, leeks and Gruyere are a go-with-everything combination, so this dish will fit right into any holiday buffet.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease six 12-ounce ramekins with 2 tablespoons of the butter and set aside on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread the brioche on a second rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and squash and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, until the sausage is browned and the squash is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the leeks, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and continue to cook, stirring often, until the leeks are wilted and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, cream, parsley, chives and eggs in a medium bowl. Add half the brioche to the ramekins. Divide the sausage mixture among the ramekins; top with 1 cup of the Gruyere and the remaining brioche. Pour the egg mixture over and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Gruyere.
- Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the egg mixture. Bake on the baking sheet until the custard is set and the bread pudding is puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
SAVORY LEEK AND BACON BREAD PUDDING
Bread pudding has a sweet image, but you gotta try the savory version! It's amazing. Savory bread puddings are so easy to make and they're inexpensive, tasty, and comforting. I hope you like this one -- you can leave the bacon out if you just want a veggie version and/or add other veggies, too.
Provided by Diana71
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place baguette cubes onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dry, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and set aside. Keep oven on.
- Meanwhile, warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until softened but not brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray; sprinkle a thin layer of Gruyere cheese on the bottom.
- Top Gruyere with 1/2 of the toasted bread cubes. Spread leeks over bread cubes and sprinkle diced bacon on top. Top with more cheese, reserving about half. Ladle 1/2 of the milk mixture over bread, leeks, bacon, and cheese. Slightly press bread cubes down into the milk. Layer remaining bread across the top, and continue layering leeks and bacon. Ladle remaining milk on top. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the casserole. Slightly press bread cubes down into the milk.
- Let casserole sit for 15 minutes.
- Cover casserole very loosely with aluminum foil so cheese does not melt against it. Place casserole dish on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until cheese and bread cubes are well browned on top, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 803.3 calories, Carbohydrate 59.7 g, Cholesterol 288.2 mg, Fat 41.6 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 47.2 g, SaturatedFat 19.1 g, Sodium 1607.6 mg, Sugar 10 g
MUSHROOM AND LEEK BREAD PUDDING
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large (12-inch) saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to brown. Stir in the leeks and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until the leeks are tender. Stir in the mushrooms, tarragon, sherry, 1 tablespoon salt and 11/2 teaspoons pepper and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Off the heat, stir in the parsley.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, chicken stock and 1 cup of the Gruyere. Add the bread cubes and mushroom mixture, stirring well to combine. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the liquid. Stir well and pour into a 2 1/2-to-3-quart gratin dish (13 x 9 x 2 inches). Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is browned and the custard is set. Serve hot.
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch (10-cup) round baking dish. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook, stirring often, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half. Transfer half of the leek mixture to a bowl, and reserve.
- Whisk cream, milk, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, and pepper into leek mixture in pan; bring to a simmer. Add 1/2 cup hot cream-leek mixture to eggs and yolks in a medium bowl, whisking. Whisk in another cup cream-leek mixture; return egg-leek mixture to pan. Cook, whisking, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange 8 or 9 pieces of bread in prepared dish. Pour 2 cups egg-leek mixture over bread. Sprinkle half the reserved leeks and half the cheeses over bread. Let stand 10 minutes. Arrange remaining bread in a slightly overlapping circle on top, and then add remaining egg-leek mixture. Sprinkle with remaining leeks and cheeses. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cover dish loosely with foil, and place in a small roasting pan. Add enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of dish. Bake until golden brown and set, about 55 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes more. Let cool in dish on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BREAD PUDDING WITH HAM, LEEKS, AND CHEESE
Using both Gruyere and fontina gives this savory Bread Pudding with Ham, Leeks, and Cheese complex flavor-and they melt beautifully. Serve it with our Wilted Baby Spinach with Crispy Shallots.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325Â°. Butter a 9-by-13- inch casserole dish. Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook leeks, covered, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a small bowl.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Whisk in the salt and pepper. Set batter aside.
- Layer the bread, ham, reserved leeks, thyme, and cheeses shingle-style in the buttered dish. Pour batter over top; press gently so bread absorbs liquid.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown (tent with foil if edges brown too much before center is set), about 1 hour.
MARTHA'S LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 10" round baking dish. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic, cook, stirring often, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add Wine and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half. Transfer half of the leek mixture to a bowl, and reserve. Whisk cream, milk, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper into leek mixture in pan, bring to simmer. Add 1/2 cup hot cream-leek mixture to eggs and yolks in a medium bowl while whisking. Whisk in another cut cream-leek mixture, return egg-leek mixture to pan. Cook, whisking until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Arrange 8-9 pieces of bread in pre-prepared dish. Pour 2 cups egg-leek mixture over bread. Sprinkle half of reserved leeks and half of cheese over bread. Let stand 10 minutes. Arrange remaining bread in a slightly overlapping circle on top, then add remain egg-leek mixture. Srpinke with remaining leeks and cheese. Let stand another 10 minutes. Cover dish loosely with foil, and place in a small roasting pan. Add enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of dish. Bake until golden brown and set, about 55 minutes. Remove foil and bake unitl deep golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH ASPARAGUS, GRUYèRE, AND FINES HERBES
- Place bread on 2 large baking sheets. Let stand uncovered overnight to dry out.
- Cook asparagus in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold running water to cool. Drain well.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Mix cheeses and herbs in medium bowl. Place half of bread in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with half of asparagus, then half of cheese mixture. Pour half of egg mixture over. Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture, and egg mixture. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing with spatula to submerge bread pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake bread pudding until brown and puffed, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
More about "leek and gruyere bread pudding recipes"
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH LEEKS, MUSHROOMS AND …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Side DishCalories 421 per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and arrange bread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes to dry out the cubes.
- Drizzle a sauté pan with olive oil and add butter and sauté leeks over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes until softened. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add mushrooms and chopped herbs and sauté everything for 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms just start to soften. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
LEEK, ARTICHOKE, AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING - MY BUSY …
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory Holidays/Parties, Main Course, Side DishTotal Time 2 hrs 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and get out all ingredients. Having everything accessible will make this process run smoothly!
- Cut your large loaf of french bread into 1" pieces and place on baking sheet. You should have around 8 cups.
- Place both the bread and prosciutto in the oven for 15 minutes. Toss the bread halfway through so it toasts evenly. When complete, set aside.
LEEK AND GRUYèRE BREAD PUDDING BAKED IN A PUMPKIN • …
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
- Cut the top off the pumpkin, leaving a large enough opening to get your hands in there and remove the gunk. Scrape out the strings and seeds - this can take a bit of effort, but it doesn't have to be perfect. (Reserve the seeds if you like; see headnote.) Set the pumpkin on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan.
- -1/3 of the bread cubes-half the cheese-half the leeks-half the sage-1/3 of the bread cubes-rest of cheese, leeks and sage-remaining 1/3 of bread cubes
HAM, LEEK, AND CHEESE BREAD PUDDING - RECIPE - …
5/5 (1)Servings 6-8Cuisine AmericanCategory Breakfast/Brunch
LEEK BREAD PUDDING – SMITTEN KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
ELSA’S LEEK & GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING – …
SAVORY LEEK BREAD PUDDING WITH GRUYERE AND THYME ...
4/5 (2)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 365 per serving
- Cut leeks into 1/2 inch rounds using only white and lighter green parts and place in a bowl of luke warm water to remove dirt. Mix several times and let dirt settle to the bottom. Set a skillet on med high heat. Lift leeks format the water, drain and addd them to the un-oiled pan. Season with salt and stir for 5 minutes. As leeks begin to soften, lower the heat to med- low. Stir in the butter and olive oil and cover the pan, stirring every 10 minutes for 30-35mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and toast on a sheet pan for 20 mins until golden and dry. You may need to mix or turn mid-way so they are evenly browned. Transfer to large bowl.
MUSHROOM & LEEK BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | THE MODERN PROPER
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 502 per serving
MUSHROOM AND GRUYèRE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (64)Total Time 1 hrServings 6Calories 416 per serving
- Heat oven to 350° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the bread, Gruyère, and mushroom mixture and mix to combine.
- Transfer to an 8-inch or other 2-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until the edges are set but the center is slightly wobbly, 20 to 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned, 20 to 25 minutes more. Sprinkle with the chives.
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING - LAKE LURE COTTAGE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING- TFRECIPES
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | RECIPE | BREAD ...
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | RECIPE | GRUYERE ...
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITN MUSHROOMS AND PARMESAN CHEESE ...
GOAT CHEESE ASPARAGUS BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | RECIPE | BREAD ...
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING | WIZARDRECIPES
LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING - LAKE LURE COTTAGE KITCHEN
MARTHAS LEEK AND GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a good recipe for mushroom and Leek pudding?Mushroom & Leek Bread Pudding. Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large (12-inch) sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to brown. Stir in the leeks and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until the leeks are tender. Stir in the mushrooms, tarragon, sherry, 1 tablespoon salt,...
How to cook bread with leeks and eggs?Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes, tossing once, until lightly browned. Soak the leeks in water until they're clean, and spin them dry in a salad spinner. Whisk the eggs, cream, chicken stock, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl.
What is the recipe for a Gruyere cheese cake?In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, chicken stock, and 1 cup of the Gruyère. Add the bread cubes and mushroom mixture, stirring well to combine.
What is the best way to cook leeks in the oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While leeks are cooking, spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake until dry and pale gold, about 20 minutes, turning pan about halfway through. Transfer to a large bowl, leaving the oven on. Add leeks, chives and thyme to the bowl of bread; toss well.