SIMPLE LEMON HERB CHICKEN
This is a simple, quick and delicious dish. All you need are a few spices and, of course, the chicken! The amount of spices are completely up to you. You can add more or less according to your taste. Enjoy!
Provided by Carolyn Stilwell
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut lemon in half, and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon on chicken. Season with salt to taste. Let sit while you heat oil in a small skillet over medium low heat.
- When oil is hot, put chicken in skillet. As you saute chicken, add juice from other 1/2 lemon, pepper to taste, and oregano. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes each side, or until juices run clear. Serve with parsley for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.9 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 94.2 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
WEEKNIGHT LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS WITH HERBS
Boneless chicken breasts suffer a bad reputation, owing in large part to their propensity to dry out. The solution here is a lovely bath in an ample amount of olive oil, white wine and lemon, which seasons and tenderizes the chicken. Later, the marinade becomes an easy pan sauce once it cooks with the breasts. Use fresh herbs in the summer; in the winter, dried herbs will do the trick.
Provided by Jennifer Steinhauer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Season the chicken breasts all over with the salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a gallon-size resealable freezer bag. Add 1/2 cup olive oil and the remaining ingredients, press out the air and seal the bag tightly so the chicken is fully submerged. Massage the chicken through the plastic bag to evenly distribute the herbs. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- In a large, deep skillet with a lid, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade, add to the skillet, then pour the lemons and marinade on top. Cook until the chicken is golden on one side, about 8 minutes. Turn the chicken, cover and cook over medium-low until chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Serve chicken topped with lemons and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 593, UnsaturatedFat 31 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 681 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH PROSCIUTTO, ROSEMARY, AND LEMON
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put a cast iron or other ovenproof skillet large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer, or a small roasting pan, over medium heat and get it good and hot. Drizzle the pan with a 3-count of oil. Add the prosciutto and rosemary and cook, stirring, until the prosciutto is crisp and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Push to 1 side of the pan. Season the chicken on both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper and add it to the pan, skin side down, in a single layer. Cook for about 5 minutes until the skin begins to set and crisp. Turn and cook 3 more minutes. Turn the chicken again, stick the pan in the oven and roast until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 30 more minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven. Remove the chicken and prosciutto from of the pan and arrange on a platter to keep warm while you prepare the pan sauce. Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of the rendered chicken fat and return the pan to the stovetop. Stir in the stock and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, scraping up the flavors stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, until reduced to a syrup, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the pan sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN WITH PEACH AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD
From Australian Diabetic Living a complete meal. Times are estimated but DO NOT inlude marinading time (2-4 hours). The recipe called for baby beetroot and charge leaves mix but a salad mix of leaves can be used. You could also replace the chicken with a firm white fish.
Provided by ImPat
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Put the chicken fillets in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Put wine, lemon juice, oil, garlic, mustard and parsley (or tarragon if using) in a small bowl and whisk to combine and then add the lemon skin strips and the wine mixture to the chicken, turning chicken to coat, cover and put in the fridge for 2-4 hours to marinate.
- Peach and Prosciutto Salad - put peach, onion, basil, salad leaves (or beetroot and chard leaves if using), bocconcini and prosciutto in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Put vinegar, oil and mustard in a small bowl and season with pepper and whisk to combine, set aside.
- Spray barbecue plate or barbecue grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
- Drain chicken fillets from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- Put fillets on the barbecue plate and cook, brushing once with reserved marinade for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (this will depend on thickness of chicken breasts).
- Divide the chicken between plates.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss and then serve with the chicken.
LEMON CHICKEN WITH PROSCIUTTO & FRESH HERBS
A great recipe for those who love lemons! And for when your lemon tree is laden! It sounds just so delicious. I've just found it in the November 2005 issue of the 'Australian Good Taste' magazine, where I was looking for low-fat recipes, and I'm posting it here for safe-keeping: so that I remember to make it! It's Donna Mahon's recipe. She is the Victorian finalist in the 2005 Home Cook of the Year Competition. The winner from the seven state finalists is to be announced in January. This was the recipe from the finalists' recipes that immediately grabbed my attention. Donna says it is her signature dish, the one she "always falls back on" when she's entertaining.
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the chicken cutlets, bone-side down, in a large, lightly greased roasting pan.
- Peel strips of rind from the lemons, cut the lemons in half and juice. Set the juice aside.
- Place the strips of lemon rind and prosciutto between the chicken cutlets in the pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with garlic, sage, marjoram and rosemary. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and lemon pepper. Drizzle with oil and cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/(approximately 335°F), and bake the chicken for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Donna suggests serving this with mashed potato and sautéed spinach. When I make it, I'm planning to serve it with Cookgirl's I Did It My Way Creamed Spinach Recipe #116296 and my Herbed Potato Crisps Recipe #119124.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.2, Fat 25, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 118.4, Sodium 108, Carbohydrate 3.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.8, Protein 24.8
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED LEMON CHICKEN
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-in-thick strips that are 3 linches long and 1/2 inch wide. Combine the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler Place a slice of the prosciutto on a cutting board. Cut in half crosswise to make two pieces approximately 5 inches long. Place a whole basil leaf on the top piece of the prosciutto and put a strip of chicken on the basil. Roll the prosciutto and basil around the chicken to form a 3-inch cylinder. Repeat the process until all the chicken strips are rolled. Grill or broil the bundles just until the chicken is firm and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
More about "lemon chicken with prosciutto fresh herbs recipes"
LEMON & PROSCIUTTO ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | MYFOODBOOK
5/5 (5)Category ChickenServings 6
EASY LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS WITH HERBS - EASY RECIPES FOR ...
Reviews 75Calories 319 per servingCategory Dinner
PROSCIUTTO LEMON WRAPPED CHICKEN | THE SPLENDID TABLE
LEMON HERB CHICKEN BREASTS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (57)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Easy RecipeCalories 257 per serving
- Place the chicken breasts between two layers of parchment/baking paper and flatten out slightly with a meat mallet/rolling pin.
- Place the chicken in a glass container and pour over the marinade. Mix to make sure the chicken is well-coated then cover and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes but up to 24 hours, refrigerated.
- To cook the chicken breasts, heat a skillet, pan or grill then add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) until cooked through but still juicy.
EASY LEMON HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
5/5 (13)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main DishCalories 210 per serving
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Pour in lemon juice, olive oil, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, and salt. Shake it a bit so that all the chicken gets covered.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a 9x13 pan. Discard any remaining marinade. Place lemon slices on top.
EASY ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND HERBS
4/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory MainCalories 527 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.Rinse your chicken with cold water inside and out and dry well with paper towels.
- Remove the herbs from their stems and roughly chop. Mix with the butter. Rub the butter mixture all over the skin of the chicken. Sprinkle skin with salt, pepper and paprika. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the remaining lemon, garlic, and herbs.
- Tuck the wings under the chicken and truss up the legs with string if desired. You don't have to do this, but it can help your chicken cook more evenly.
- Put your chicken in a large cast iron pan or roaster and pop it in the oven and cook for 20 mins. Then reduce the heat to 350 and roast your chicken for approximately 20 minutes per pound, or until the temperature of the breast meat registers at 180 degrees.
CREAMY ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH CHARRED LEMON AND CRISPY ...
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner
- 2. Place a large ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and once a sheen appears, add the chicken skin-side-down. Cook for five minutes then add the shallots and lemon slices in a single layer. Place a dinner plate over the top (this helps with even cooking, see tip) and cook for another 15 minutes or until the skin is caramelised and crisp.
- 3. Using tongs, gently turn the chicken over so it is now skin-side-up and remove the lemon pieces (set them aside for later). Push the chicken to the side a little and scrape up any of the gnarly brown caramelised bits before adding the mustard, garlic, white wine and chicken stock. Stir to combine. Turn off the heat then stir through the creme fraiche. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- 4. While the chicken is cooking transfer the prosciutto slices, if using, to a lined baking tray and pop in the oven and cook until crisp, about 5-8 minutes. If your prosciutto isn't overly fatty, you may like to drizzle it with a little olive oil to help it crisp.
SLOW COOKER LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS - BAKINGQUEEN74
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 6 hrs 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 277 per serving
- Sprinkle the oregano over the chicken, and squeeze the lemon half over the chicken. Arrange the fresh thyme on and between the chicken breasts.
LEMON CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES RECIPE- FRAMED COOKS
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 300 per serving
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add wine and artichokes to skillet and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat down to low, and cook for 8 minutes. Uncover skillet and add lemon slices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from sauce and bring sauce to a low boil. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until sauce is reduced a little.
MUSTARD, LEMON AND FRESH HERB CHICKEN - LISA G COOKS
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN WITH PEACH AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD RECIPE
Servings 6Calories 374 per serving
CHICKEN WITH PROSCIUTTO IN LEMON SAUCE WITH CAPERS ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROAST CHICKEN SOUP JAMIE OLIVER / ROAST CHICKEN & STUFFING ...
CHICKEN PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - HOW TO PREPARE YUMMY CHICKEN ...
PROSCIUTTO AND MOZZARELLA STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST WITH ...
WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN (JUICY AND FLAVORFUL) - DELICIOUS ...
CHICKEN THIGHS AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPES (35) - SUPERCOOK
LEMON CHICKEN WITH PROSCIUTTO FRESH HERBS RECIPES
BAKED LEMON CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH PROSCUITTO AND FRESH …
DINNER | RECIPE TAGS | CHICKEN.CA
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love