LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE
This lemon pepper steak recipe is a real treat for two and won't break the bank. Serve with seasonal celeriac chips and crunchy toasted hazelnuts
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Toss the celeriac chips in 1 tbsp oil and tip them onto a large baking tray. Season and roast for 35 mins or until soft and golden around the edges. Brush the steaks with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle the lemon zest and some cracked black pepper liberally on both sides. Leave to marinate while you make the sauce.
- Mix the parsley, capers, shallot, garlic, vinegar, hazelnuts and the remaining oil in a small bowl.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side if thick (1-2 mins for thin steaks). Rest, wrapped in foil, for 5 mins, then slice. Serve the steaks with the sauce and roasted celeriac.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 16 grams fiber, Protein 40 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
ROASTED FISH WITH LEEKS AND OLIVE SALSA VERDE
Leeks show their gentle side in this speedy weeknight fish recipe. A lemony olive salsa verde adds brightness to the dish, while red-pepper flakes bring some heat. Serve this with rice, polenta or crusty bread to soak up the tangy-sweet juices. For a richer, more full-flavored variation, try salmon or tuna fillets instead of milder white fish.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Season fish all over with salt and pepper, and set aside while you prepare the leeks.
- Cut the leeks into matchsticks: Place a leek half, flat side down, on a cutting board and cut it in half crosswise. Then slice the pieces lengthwise into thin (1/4-inch-thick) matchsticks. Repeat with remaining leeks.
- Spread leeks out on a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly drizzle them with oil and a pinch of salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Push aside the leeks to create 4 spaces in the center of the sheet pan just large enough for the fish fillets, then place the fillets in those cleared spaces. (Avoid putting the fish on top of the leeks, which won't cook as well if they're covered.)
- Drizzle fish with oil. Roast until the fish is opaque and just cooked through but not yet flaky, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of fish. The leeks surrounding the fish will be soft and silky, while those at the edges of the pan may turn delightfully brown and crisp in spots. If the fish is done but you think the leeks need a little more time, transfer the fish to a serving platter, tent with foil to keep warm, and continue to cook the leeks for another few minutes.
- While the fish is in the oven, make the salsa verde: Using a fine rasp grater, grate 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest into a small bowl. Halve the lemon and squeeze in 1 tablespoon juice.
- Stir in olives, cilantro, garlic, red-pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Slowly drizzle in oil, stirring to combine. Taste and add more salt, red-pepper or another squeeze of lemon, if needed.
- Place fish on plates and surround with leeks. Top with olive salsa verde.
LEMON PEPPER STEAK
Some days I have little time to make a hearty meal for my "meat-and-potatoes" family. That's why I appreciate this juicy peppery steak. It has a down-home taste and requires no more than minutes to put together!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Sprinkle steaks with lemon-pepper. Broil in a preheated broiler 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the steaks reach desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 127mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 46g protein.
LEMONY SALSA VERDE
- Combine 1/2 lemon (with peel), seeded, chopped, 1 finely chopped small shallot, and 1 finely chopped garlic clove; season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice, if desired.
PAN-SEARED STEAK WITH SALSA VERDE
- For the salsa verde: In a small bowl, mix together parsley, capers, shallot, vinegar, mustard, and 1 tablespoon water; season with salt and pepper.
- For the steak: In a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high. Season steak generously with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steak from pan; let rest 5 minutes. Serve with sauce.
- For the green beans: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 inch salted water to boil over high heat. Add green beans; cover. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain beans, place on a plate, and drizzle with remaining teaspoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 634 g, Fat 45 g, Protein 44 g
More about "lemon pepper steaks with hazelnut salsa verde recipes"
BUTCHER’S STEAK WITH LEAFY GREENS SALSA VERDE — ALISON ROMAN
921 SIMPLE RECIPES WITH LONDON BROIL | CRAFTLOG UK
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE | OLIVE & MANGO
RECIPE: STEAK WITH PIQUANT ITALIAN SALSA VERDE - FOOD NEWS
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE - HOUSE & HOME
LEMONY SALSA VERDE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE | RECIPE
LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE | RECIPE
TODAY’S RECIPE: LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT …
LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE #CHRISTMAS
LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
RECIPE: EGGPLANT STEAKS WITH SALSA VERDE - FOOD NEWS
LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE – COOKER APP
LEMON PEPPER STEAKS WITH HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE RECIPE | BY …
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE RECIPES
BEST CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE RECIPES | VEGAN
RECIPE: CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH SALSA VERDE IS A HEARTY DISH THAT ...
GRILLED SIRLOIN STEAK WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE RECIPE
987 SIMPLE RECIPES WITH LEMON PEPPER | CRAFTLOG UK
RECIPE: SEARED STEAK & LEMON SALSA VERDE WITH ROASTED ... - BLUE …
CAULI STEAK WITH SALSA VERDE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: STEAKS & WARM LEMON SALSA VERDE WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI …
RECIPE OF PERFECT SWORDFISH STEAKS WITH SALSA VERDE AND GRILLED VEG
RECIPE: RUMP STEAK WITH BEAN MASH AND HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE
RECIPE: WILD SALMON WITH RED PEPPER AND HAZELNUT SALSA
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH LEMON SALSA VERDE - NUTTERS EVERYDAY …
CUMIN DUSTED STRIP STEAKS WITH SALSA VERDE BUTTER
RUMP STEAK WITH BEAN MASH AND HAZELNUT SALSA VERDE
You'll also love