THE BEST LEMONGRASS SHRIMP
Provided by Seonkyoung Longest
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large skillet (possibly 12" skillet) over medium high heat; add butter, garlic, lemongrass, shallot and pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix fish sauce, honey, thai chili and black pepper in a small mixing bowl to make sauce. Set aside.
- Add the shrimp into the skillet, stir well so the shrimp will be coated evenly with the butter and aromatics. Spread the shrimp evenly as possible and cook for 2 minutes or until it's half way cooked through.
- Pour the sauce mixture and stir. Cook for additional 2 minutes or until shrimps are fully cooked. (adjust cooking time if you are using smaller size shrimp than U/15.) Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy with my Garlic Noodle or Garlic Rice!
GINGER AND LEMONGRASS GRILLED SHRIMP
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a large, nonreactive bowl, combine the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, scallion greens, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey and whisk well. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp, scallion whites, and red bell peppers onto skewers in whatever order you like. There should be 4 to 6 shrimp per skewer.
- Place the skewers on a flat plate and drizzle with peanut oil. It is not necessary to salt the skewers because soy sauce has so much salt in it. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook about 3 minutes per side, or just until the shrimp curls, turns red and does not appear clear at all. Be careful not to overcook.
- Place the whole radicchio leaves around the edge of a platter. Mound the chiffonade radicchio and watercress inside the leaves and around the platter. Remove the skewers from the grill and place on the bed of greens. Squeeze the juice of a lime over the shrimp.
BEER-BOILED SHRIMP WITH OLD BAY®
Easy, foolproof cooking technique. The Old Bay® seasoning accentuates the shrimp rather than overpowers. A versatile dish that can fill many roles! Serve with cocktail sauce and/or melted butter.
Provided by JJ6
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine beer, seafood seasoning, and salt in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Squeeze juice from both lemon halves into the beer mixture and add both rinds to the beer. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to boiling liquid, cover again with the lid, and turn off the heat. Transfer shrimp to serving bowls when they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 1 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 846.9 mg
LEMON GRASS SKEWERED SHRIMP
- Skewer shrimp and lemongrass. Mix garlic, Thai basil leaves, salt, pepper and cilantro together in a large bowl. Brush skewered shrimp with marinade. Marinate covered for 4 hours in the refrigerator. Grill skewers for about 2 minutes on each side.
FISHBOY'S BEER BELLY SHRIMP
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well to coat the shrimp. Place in a large shallow dish and refrigerate. Let marinate for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven broiler. Drain shrimp. Thread shrimp through neck and tail onto six 14-inch skewers so that shrimp will lie flat. Place skewers on a lightly greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn skewers and broil for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm with cold beer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.7 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 230.5 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 355.3 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
LEMONGRASS AND BEER SHRIMP
This is a dish with layered flavors; a complex taste yet so easy to prepare. I use a light Belgian beer (Hoegaarden) for this one but any light (not necessarily LITE) beer should do (if I was in the US, I might try Corona?). I like to serve these with sesame noodles on the side. Preparation time DOES include 30 minutes marination.
Provided by FlemishMinx
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl large enough to hold the shrimp, mix the garlic, sugar, fish sauce and lime zest.
- Peel away and discard the tough outer layers of the lemongrass stalks, till you reach the tender centers; finely mince these and add to the marinade.
- Add shrimp, mix well and allow to stand 30 minutes, refrigerated.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a wok; when smoking add the shrimps with marinade and cook until they are just pink on both sides (2-3 minutes, stirring all the while.
- Add the beer, cover and "steam" on a high heat for 6-8 minutes (depending on the size of your shrimp).
- You probably will have a quantity of liquid remaining in the wok, so remove the shrimps with a slotted spoon.
- Serve immediately with lemon or lime halves if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 374.1, Fat 10.7, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 345.6, Sodium 1730.2, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 7, Protein 47.7
More about "lemongrass and beer shrimp recipes"
LEMONGRASS CURRY WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
LEMONGRASS AND GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS BEER STEAMED CLAMS - BEYOND …
SPICY BEER SHRIMP (SO JUICY AND DELICIOUS!) - RASA MALAYSIA
HERBED LEMONGRASS BROTH WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD …
LEMONGRASS AND BEER SHRIMP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEER BATTERED FRIED SHRIMP WITH ROSEMARY AIOLI | FRIED SHRIMP …
LEMONGRASS CURRY WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | WEEKNIGHT - DINNER
SPECIAL RECIPE: LEMONGRASS AND CHILLI SHRIMP - SODAMONK
SPICY LEMONGRASS SHRIMP & HOW TO PREPARE LEMONGRASS - SPICED …
HOW TO MAKE BEER SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE - ENJOY FRIO
LEMONGRASS CORIANDER SHRIMP COCKTAIL | BLUE MOON
LEMONGRASS SHRIMP ON TOAST RECIPE - ZANG TOI | FOOD & WINE
GRILLED LEMONGRASS SHRIMP RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
LEMONGRASS AND BEER SHRIMP RECIPE - YOUTUBE
LEMONGRASS SHRIMP (EASY RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
LEMONGRASS COCONUT NOODLES WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - GIMME SOME …
PRAWNS SIMMERED IN LEMONGRASS BEER BROTH
SHRIMP WITH LEMONGRASS AND HERBS | LUCY WAVERMAN'S …
LEMONGRASS AND SRIRACHA GRILLED SHRIMP - RASA MALAYSIA
GUSTO TV - LEMONGRASS SHRIMP
STEAMED TIGER SHRIMPS WITH BEER AND LEMONGRASS - EASY 15 …
EASY LEMONGRASS & LIME SHRIMP STIR FRY - MOXYKITCHEN.COM
LEMONGRASS SHRIMP RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN & SHRIMP VERMICELLI BOWL RECIPE
LEMONGRASS SHRIMP RECIPE (VIETNAMESE COOKING SERIES)
LEMONGRASS BASIL SHRIMP - KATIECHIN
LEMON SHANDY PEEL AND EAT SHRIMP | BEER STEAMED SHRIMP
DRUNKEN SHRIMP AND BEER CHEESE GRITS - STUBB'S
SPICY LEMONGRASS SHRIMP RECIPE - THE TIMES GROUP
BEER SHRIMP RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
THAI LEMONGRASS SHRIMP - WORKING AGAINST GRAVITY
HERB-WRAPPED SHRIMP WITH LEMONGRASS DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
LEMONGRASS SHRIMP - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #seafood #asian #shrimp #dietary #stir-fry #shellfish #number-of-servings #technique
You'll also love