WARM LENTILS WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- For the lentils: In a large saucepan, combine the lentils, bay leaves, garlic, celery, thyme, carrot, fennel, red onion and a good amount of salt. Add water to the pan until it covers the ingredients by about 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the lentils are soft, 20 to 30 minutes. Ladle off 1 cup of the lentil-cooking water and reserve. Remove all the vegetables and aromatics from the lentils and discard. Drain the lentils.
- For the warm salad: Heat a large saute pan with enough olive oil to coat the pan. Add the diced carrots, fennel and onions and sweat the vegetables about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute 1 minute more. Add in the lentils, red wine vinegar and mustard. Pour in a couple tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid and cook down for a couple minutes. Season with salt and garnish with chopped parsley and fennel fronds.
LENTIL SALAD WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
Make and share this Lentil Salad With Italian Sausage and Mustard Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Cook the lentils in boiling water to cover for about 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain, rinse with cool water, drain and set aside.
- Crumble the sausage into a large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until browned, break up the sausage with a utensil; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the green and red peppers, celery, green onions, and parsley; add in the cooled lentils and sausage.
- To make the dressing: whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper; pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Line plates with lettuce leaves; spoon salad into the center; garnish with tomato wedges, eggs, and radishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 701.8, Fat 38.2, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 150.5, Sodium 1160.2, Carbohydrate 55.5, Fiber 25.5, Sugar 8.4, Protein 36.3
CUBAN LENTIL SALAD WITH SPICY VINAIGRETTE
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the salt. Add the lentils, reduce the heat to low, and cook covered for 30 minutes. The lentils should be tender but not mushy. Take care not to overcook them or they can fall apart. While the lentils are cooking, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic and cook gently for 5 to 6 minutes, or until softened and just slightly golden. Do not allow to brown. Remove from the heat and add the cumin, coriander, cayenne, and salt. Stir in the vinegar and then transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl. Drain the lentils in a colander, and immediately transfer them to the bowl. Toss together until the lentils are evenly coated with the dressing, then drizzle the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil over the top and toss again just to mix. Cool to room temperature, stir in the scallions and jicama, and serve immediately, or refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours, to allow the flavors to marry. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and lemon wedges.
ITALIAN LENTIL SALAD
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For the Salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the lentils and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool for 5 minutes. Place lentils and remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- For the Vinaigrette:
- Place the lemon juice in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Fat 20 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 173 milligrams, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fiber 14.5 grams, Protein 19 grams, Sugar 11 grams
WARM LENTIL SALAD WITH SAUSAGE
- Bring lentils, water, and bay leaf to a boil in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, then simmer lentils, covered, until tender but not falling apart, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While lentils simmer, cook onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup oil in a slow stream, whisking until blended well.
- Drain lentils in a colander, discarding bay leaf, and return to saucepan along with vegetable mixture and vinaigrette. Cook over low heat, stirring, until heated through. Keep warm, covered.
- Brown kielbasa in cleaned and dried 12-inch heavy skillet (in 2 batches if necessary), turning over once, about 2 minutes per batch. Stir kielbasa and parsley into lentils.
FRENCH GREEN LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
Number Of Ingredients 16
- TO MAKE THE DRESSING: In a large bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.TO PREPARE THE LENTILS: In a large saucepan combine 2 quarts water with the parsley, garlic, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the lentils and cook, uncovered, in gently boiling water until tender, 15 to 30 minutes. Drain the lentils. Pick out the seasonings and discard.Whisk the dressing again. Add the cooked lentils and red onion. Fold to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, sprinkle with the parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.From Weber's Big Book of Grilling. Copyright © 2001 Weber-Stephen Products Co. All rights reserved. First published by Chronicle Books LLC, San Francisco, California.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
Delicious, summer salad that is good on its own, served over mixed greens or with rice. Vary it according to your pantry/desires.
Provided by Papagayita
Yield 8 , 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place lentils, water, veggie bouillon, onion, garlic cloves, thyme, and bay leaf in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are almost tender. Drain excess water (some is ok) & discard thyme sprig.
- Make vinaigrette by combining oil, vinegar, mustard, salt pepper, mustard seeds, and garlic powder. Taste and adjust seasonings-add red pepper flakes or parsley to taste.
- Mix diced carrots, beet, celery, raisins and vinaigrette into lentils. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onions, optional fresh parsley, basil, mint, thyme or cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.5, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 188.6, Carbohydrate 42.8, Fiber 20.7, Sugar 3, Protein 17.4
ITALIAN LENTIL SALAD
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; add lentils. Cover and simmer until lentils are tender, about 35 minutes. Drain and and cool to room temperature.
- Divide lentils among 4 salad plates; layer with mozzarella cheese slices, prosciutto, and fresh basil. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over each salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435.4 calories, Carbohydrate 39.1 g, Cholesterol 43.1 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 14.6 g, Protein 29.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 910.7 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD WITH LEMON-THYME VINAIGRETTE
- To make the salad, combine the lentils and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain, place in a large bowl and let cool. Toss the tomato, olives, feta and celery with the lentils.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and thyme in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Whisk in the salt and pepper. Toss the vinaigrette with the salad and season to taste. Divide among 4 plates, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 338, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 16 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1067 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
LENTIL SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Bring medium saucepan of water to boil. Add onion slice, 3 parsley sprigs and 1 minced garlic clove and bring to boil. Stir in lentils. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Discard onion and parsley.
- Stir oil, vinegar, mustard and remaining garlic in small saucepan over low heat until just warm (do not boil).
- Place warm lentils in bowl. Add chopped onion, chopped parsley and warm vinaigrette; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon salad into radicchio leaves; place 2 leaves on each of 4 plates. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More about "lentil salad with italian sausage and mustard vinaigrette recipes"
WARM SAUSAGE AND LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - LAURA REGE
4/5 (1)Category SaladsServings 4Total Time 1 hr
ITALIAN SPROUTED LENTIL SALAD - HEALTHIER DISHES
LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - KITCH MYSTIC
LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - STONEWALL KITCHEN
BLACK BELUGA LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
WARM LENTIL SALAD WITH BEER AND MUSTARD DRESSING | RICARDO
LENTIL SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD - RECIPE RUNNER
THE BEST LENTIL SALAD RECIPE! - GIMME SOME OVEN
BEST ITALIAN LENTIL SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
WARM LENTIL SALAD WITH SAUSAGE RECIPE | USE REAL BUTTER
LENTIL SALAD WITH HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING RECIPE - THE RECIPE …
SHEET PAN ITALIAN SAUSAGES WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - COPY ME THAT
VEGETARIAN LENTIL SALAD WITH HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - THE FRUGAL CHEF
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND LENTILS | ONE POT RECIPE
LENTIL SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
LENTIL SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - WIDE ANGLE ADVENTURE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE, SWEET POTATO & LENTIL SALAD - MEAL KIT DELIVERY
LENTIL SALAD WITH SHERRY VINAIGRETTE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
LENTIL AND CARROT SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - RANCHO GORDO
ITALIAN LENTIL SALAD - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
ITALIAN LENTIL SALAD - LENTIL SALAD RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN LENTIL SALAD WITH GRAPES AND LEMON VINAIGRETTE
RECIPE: LENTIL SALAD WITH SCALLION-MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
HEALTHY ITALIAN LENTIL CHOPPED SALAD - COOKING ON THE FRONT BURNER
ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH LENTIL SALAD
BEST LENTIL SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LENTIL SALAD - DELISH
ITALIAN SAUSAGE WITH LENTIL SALAD - READER'S DIGEST
ITALIAN LENTIL SALAD - QUICK, EASY, AND FRESH - MOM IN ITALY
LENTIL SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - MARISOL COOKS
SECRETLY AMAZING LENTIL SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
LENTIL & CARROT SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - IL FUSTINO
MEXICAN LENTIL SALAD WITH LIME VINAIGRETTE - OCCASIONALLY EGGS
MARINATED LENTIL SALAD - BUDGET BYTES
You'll also love