LETTUCE WRAP FISH TACOS
- For the batter - Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl deep enough to cover the fish once placed in it. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and add it to the dry ingredients. Add the water slowly, as needed, until the batter is loose enough to work with but still thick enough to cover the fish when coated. (It should cover a spoon when held in the air, but not much batter should be dripping off of the spoon.).
- For frying the fish - add the canola oil to a deep pot (2-3 inches of oil) and set it to medium-high heat. Let the oil preheat for about 5 minutes. Slice each tilapia fillet in thirds (or whatever size you think makes sense for a taco) and drop it into the batter. Make sure the fish pieces are fully covered in batter. Place fish gently into the frying pot to avoid oil splatter; do not overcrowd the pot. After about 4 minutes or until golden brown, flip the fish. After golden brown on both sides and about 10 minutes in the pot, rest the fish on paper towel to dry. Turn the heat down to medium and repeat the batter/frying/drying process.
- For the red pepper pesto - In a blender, add solid ingredients first: garlic cloves, roasted red peppers, fresh basil. Add wet ingredients next: greek yogurt, olive oil. Blend at medium speed to incorporate. Add dry ingredients last: pepper and cheese. Blend at medium speed until combined. Taste and season with more pepper as needed.
- To assemble - layer two pieces of lettuce for each taco to help give it a solid base. Add 2-3 small pieces of fish per taco, and 3-4 slices of avocado per taco. Drizzle the red pepper pesto on top and hold each taco together with toothpicks for easy handling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3041.6, Fat 284.2, SaturatedFat 29.2, Cholesterol 177.5, Sodium 2460.3, Carbohydrate 84.1, Fiber 18, Sugar 9.2, Protein 54.9
PACO'S FISH TACOS IN LETTUCE WRAPS
- Heat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray; place fish on the grill pan; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook fish 5 minutes on each side or until opaque; transfer to a serving plate.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Place the jalapeno in a food processor along with the cilantro, mint, mustard, and vinegar; turn the processor on and stream in the olive oil; season this sauce with salt and pepper.
- Break the fish into chunks and squeeze lime juice over fish; add a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Pile the fish in lettuce leaves and top each "taco" with the jalapeno cilantro sauce and chopped red onions; wrap up and eat.
FISH TACOS IN LETTUCE "SHELLS"
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine Cajun seasoning, chili powder, paprika, garlic salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle on each side of tilapia fillets, covering evenly; cover each side with lemon juice. Place fillets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Shred tilapia; place equal portions in each romaine leaf.
- Blend avocado, onion, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and water together in a blender to make the avocado salsa verde. Stir in cilantro.
- Top prepared tacos with salsa verde and cherry tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 41.4 mg, Fat 5.7 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 658.8 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
CALIFORNIA FISH LETTUCE WRAPS
Grilled fish, avocado aioli and fresh pico de gallo come together to create a Paleo-friendly dinner your whole family will love.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat charcoal or gas grill.
- In medium bowl, toss Pico de Gallo ingredients. Set aside.
- In blender, place Avocado Aioli ingredients. Cover; blend until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Rub fish with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place fish on grill over medium heat (if fish fillets have skin, place skin side down). Cover grill; cook 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Transfer to plate to cool slightly, then flake fish with fork, removing skin as needed.
- To assemble, divide fish, cabbage and pico de gallo evenly between lettuce leaf taco shells. Top with avocado aioli. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 6 g, Protein 18 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 680 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 0 g
LETTUCE WRAP TACOS
I sort of made this by accident, trying to recreate something else. My skeptical wife was amazed and added it to the menu rotation! Add other toppings as you like. I think sun-dried tomatoes are also good with this.
Provided by Studboy
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir garbanzo beans, taco seasoning, and cumin into the skillet. Pour in chicken broth and cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Mash mixture with potato masher. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pull lettuce "cups" out of the center of each half. Fill with garbanzo bean mixture. Top with avocado, tomato, and olives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.5 calories, Carbohydrate 40.2 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 18.1 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 927.4 mg, Sugar 5 g
More about "lettuce wrap fish tacos recipes"
SUPER SIMPLE LETTUCE WRAP FISH TACOS RECIPE FOR LOWER …
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
LETTUCE-WRAPPED FISH TACOS | MY DELICIOUS BLOG
WHOLE30-APPROVED FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS
Servings 3Total Time 45 minsCategory Whole30Calories 688 per serving
PALEO FISH TACOS WITH MANGO KIWI SALSA | HEARTBEET KITCHEN
SPICY SHRIMP TACO LETTUCE WRAPS | GIMME DELICIOUS
FISH TACO WRAPS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPICY FISH TACOS WITH BEET SLAW RECIPE - WICKED SPATULA
PACIFIC COD FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS WITH MANGO KIWI SALSA
BAJA FISH TACOS RECIPE WITH MEXICAN LIME CREMA - THE ...
SPICY VERA CRUZ-STYLE FISH LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE
FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS | WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPE
EASY FISH TACOS WITH FROZEN FISH STICKS | KITCHEN AT HOSKINS
RECIPE: LETTUCE WRAPPED FISH TACOS - FIT BODY BOOT CAMP
FISH TACOS WITH FRESH SALSA | CHEF JULIE YOON
CRUMBED FISH LETTUCE TACOS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
FISH TACOS RECIPE WITH BEST FISH TACO SAUCE ...
LETTUCE WRAP SHRIMP TACOS WITH MANGO SALSA « RUNNING IN A ...
LETTUCE WRAPPED FISH TACOS - BRAND FITNESS
THE 30 BEST LETTUCE WRAP RECIPES - THE RUSTY SPOON
GREENSBURY LETTUCE WRAP FISH TACOS
SPICY FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE FROM H-E-B
PACO'S FISH TACOS IN LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HEALTHY RECIPE: FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS WITH MANGO SALSA ...
FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS — HEALTHY HAPPY WONDERFUL®
THAI LETTUCE WRAPS WITH CRISPY FISH & PEANUT SAUCE - THE ...
FISH TACOS WITH SALSA VERDE IN LETTUCE WRAPS
SIMPLE FISH TACOS WITH CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW - A FLAVOR ...
PERFECT HEALTHY LETTUCE WRAPPED FISH TACOS | HORIZON ...
TEX-MEX LETTUCE TACOS RECIPE | WELLNESS MAMA
FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS WITH MANGO SALSA | GET INSPIRED ...
MEXICAN BEEF TACO LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE - HOME COOKING MEMORIES
SHRIMP TACO LETTUCE WRAPS (HEALTHY AND SUPER EASY TO MAKE!)
LETTUCE WRAPPED FISH TACOS & FIXINGS - PRISCILLA SOLIGO
QUICK AND EASY FISH TACO RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAPS - A HEALTHY TACO ALTERNATIVE
EASY TACO LETTUCE WRAPS - THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING
LETTUCE FISH TACOS - MADELEINE SHAW
10 BEST FISH TACOS WITH CABBAGE SLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST FISH TACOS SLAW RECIPES | YUMMLY
WEIGHT LOSS: FISH TACO LETTUCE WRAP RECIPE WITH CHILI ...
GRILLED FISH LETTUCE WRAPS - HEALTHY THAI RECIPES
ROASTED SNAPPER TACOS IN LETTUCE WRAPS - TODAY.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #lunch #seafood #mexican #dinner-party #fish #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to make a fish taco?Fish Taco Recipe (on Lettuce Wraps!) - Dr. Axe Taco night just got super delicious and healthy with my Fish Taco Recipe … on lettuce wraps! Not to mention quick — these tacos take only about 25 minutes to prepare, making them a great choice for a weeknight meal. Plus they’re both Paleo-friendly and gluten-free.
How to cook fish on the grill with lettuce?Directions Heat grill pan or nonstick skillet over high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray. Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter. Place jalapeno in a food processor with cilantro, mint, mustard and vinegar. Take the fish off grill and place on a serving plate. Break the fish into chunks and squeeze lime juice over fish.
What is the best way to cook lettuce wraps?The mix of garlic, oregano, salt, chili + chipotle powder – all alongside the cooling veggie crunch of the lettuce wrap – can’t be beat for a light and fresh meal. Heat a pan with some oil on medium heat.
How to make fish wraps with veggies?Toss the veggies to coat them in the juice. Lastly, wash and separate the leaves of a head of butter or romaine lettuce. Then set your lettuce wraps and rainbow of veggies to the side. Next you’re going to chop up your fish into bite-size pieces and place it in a shallow dish.