These are the fluffiest scones Ive ever made. They are so light and rise a lot, too. The key to getting them that way is to handle the dough as little as possible. You can also turn them into fruit scones by adding a desired amount of dried cherries, cranberries or raisins.
Provided by Lalaloula
Yield 8 scones
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a big bowl. Using your finger tips work in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk together milk and water and pour into the well reserving some liquid for glazing the scones.
- Quickly stir until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface pat down gently and cut out scones (I use a glass of 7.5 cm in diameter). The dough will be kinda sticky, but you should be able to form it without problems. If not, add some more flour.
- Glaze scones with reserved water-milk-mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.8, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 140, Carbohydrate 24.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.1, Protein 3.8
EASY FLUFFY SCONES
- Put a baking sheet in the oven at 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the flour, salt and baking powder into a food processor, then whizz in the butter until it disappears. Pulse in the sugar, tip into a large bowl, then make a well in the middle.
- Warm the yogurt, milk and vanilla together in the microwave for 1 min or in a pan; it should be hot and may well go a bit lumpy-looking. Tip into the bowl and quickly work into the flour mix using a cutlery knife. As soon as it's all in, stop.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, then, with floured hands, fold the dough over a few times - just enough to create a smoothish dough. Press out to about 4cm/1½in thick, dip a 7cm cutter into more flour, then stamp out 4 rounds, flouring the cutter each time. Squash the remainder lightly together, then repeat until the dough is used up. Brush tops with egg wash, scatter flour over the hot sheet, then lift the scones on. Bake for 12 mins until risen and golden. Best eaten just-warm, or on the day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
"LIGHT AS A FEATHER" SCONES
Flaky and light, these scones are perfect for snacking or for breakfast. Made from ingredients you probably have on hand, they can be a special treat any time and are one of my favorite breakfast recipes to have with tea or coffee.
Provided by Paula Todora (Paula T)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add butter and mix with fingers until coarse crumbs form. Gently mix yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract into flour mixture until dough is just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, for five or six turns. Pat or roll the dough out into a 1-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush each wedge with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.2 g, Cholesterol 43.6 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 160 mg, Sugar 11.3 g
LIGHT 'N' FLUFFY SCONES
These can have many variations -- you can make them with raisins to go with your tea or with sundried tomatoes and feta for a mediterranean feel that goes nicely with soup. I often make them to use up milk that's on the verge of going bad. If you don't have self-raising flour, use all-purpose and add an extra tablespoon of baking powder.
Provided by Sackville
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C, 220 C in a fan oven or gas mark 7.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Rub in the butter and oil until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the raisins or the mediterranean filling.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
- Mix with knife, using a cutting movement, until it becomes soft.
- The dough will be very sticky.
- Flour your counter well along with your hands and scrape the dough onto the floured surface.
- Knead very lightly to help work some of the flour into the dough, while shaping it into a round about 3cm thick.
- The"kneading" shouldn't take more than a minute and the dough will still be sticky when you cut it.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen, golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool and then cover with a tea towel or put in a tupperware container to keep them soft for 2-3 days.
- These are delicious served warm with butter.
More about "light n fluffy scones recipes"
EASY SCONES RECIPE [LIGHT & FLUFFY] - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
4.3/5 (137)Total Time 25 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 190 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, incorporate the butter into the flour until it is in small crumbs.
- Whisk the sugar, milk, and egg in a separate bowl. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix gently, just until a soft dough forms. Do not over mix.
LIGHT & FLUFFY SCONES - JULIA'S CUISINE
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, SnackCalories 147 per serving
- Cut in the butter in cubes. Using your fingers, combine it into the flour mixture. It will be crumbly.
- Slowly start pouring in the milk, mixing as you add it in. You just need the dough to come together and it will be quite sticky.
LIGHT AND FLUFFY SCONES - THE BEAST
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PAUL HOLLYWOOD'S BEST FLUFFY SCONE RECIPE - SOMETHING …
RECIPE & TIPS FOR THE PERFECT LIGHT & AIRY SCONE
BUTTERMILK SCONES | RECIPE POCKET
TRADITIONAL IRISH SCONES RECIPE - LIGHT AND FLUFFY
ENGLISH STYLE SCONES - INCREDIBLY FLUFFY AND DELICIOUS …
PUMPKIN SCONES (LIGHT AND FLUFFY) - CHRISTINE'S RECIPES
SCONES | RECIPETIN EATS
10 MINUTE LIGHT & MOIST SCONES + GIBSON MANSION - A …
LIGHT 'N FLUFFY - HOME
FLUFFY CHEESE AND ONION SCONES - MRS JONES'S KITCHEN
THE SECRET TO FLUFFY SCONES - LEATHERANDPINE
LIGHT 'N FLUFFY SCONES | ALLRECIPES
LIGHT AND FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
LIGHT 'N' FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE EXCEPTIONALLY TENDER, FLUFFY SCONES - MYRECIPES
EASY LIGHT & FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
LIGHT 'N' FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
FLUFFY CHEESE SCONES - MAD ABOUT MACARONS
HOW DO I MAKE LIGHT AND FLUFFY SCONES? - GOOD FOOD
FLUFFY BUTTERMILK SCONES - THIS LIGHT AIRY, EASY TO MAKE RECIPE
FLUFFY BUTTERMILK SCONES - BRIGHT-EYED BAKER
SUPER LIGHT SCONES - FEASTING IS FUN
LIGHT AND FLUFFY 3-INGREDIENT CHEESE SCONES - THE SIMPLE HEALTHY …
LIGHT N FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SOFT AND FLUFFY FROM-SCRATCH LEMON SCONES- THE FED UP FOODIE
NEVER-FAIL FLAKY SCONES | THE ONLY SCONE RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED!
LIGHT ‘N’ FLUFFY SCONES - CHAMPSDIET.COM
LIGHT AND FLUFFY SCONES - HILL STREET GROCER
HOW TO MAKE SCONES FLUFFY (6 SIMPLE TIPS TO FOLLOW)
LIGHT AND FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
THE BEST MOIST & FLUFFY BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE
EASY RECIPE FOR BIG FLUFFY SCONES - MY MORNING MOCHA
LIGHT AND FLUFFY SCONES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SOFT FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE - THE SOUTH AFRICAN
LIGHT & FLUFFY SCONES RECIPE WITH JAM & FRESH CREAM | COLES
BEST COOKING BREADS RECIPES: LIGHT 'N' FLUFFY SCONES
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE SCONES LIGHT AND FLUFFY - YOUTUBE
LIGHT AND FLUFFY BUTTERY RICH SCONES | FOODEVA MARSAY
You'll also love