LOUISIANA SWAMP BURGER
This authentic recipe is from my hometown of Houma, LA (about 70 miles south of New Orleans). This is great for just about any occasion. Don't let the name fool ya, this burger is to die for.
Provided by Molly79
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, put the first 5 ingredients, Mix Well.
- Shape meat into burgers, grill.
- Sautee' onions and mushrooms until soft.
- prepare brown gravy mix as directed on package.
- Serve hot on a hamburger bun.
- Place onions/mushrooms on top of burgers, then cheeses, then pour on desired amount of gravy.
- Add condiments as desired.
- This is also great with lettuce/ tomatoes/ pickles.
This was created by Lafayette, LA resident, George Graham and was a finalist in the Sutter Home Build a Better Burger Contest. It was called Bluesiana burger with zydeco sauce, Mardi Gras slaw and root beer glaze. However, I've posted all those recipes separately because they're all great on their own. See separately these recipes or for the best burger, brush this patty with Root beer glaze, spread the buns with Zydaco Sauce, and top with Mardi Gras Slaw!
Provided by Penny Stettinius
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- For the patties, place the ground chuck in a large bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to using. Add the pepper sauce, green onions, salt, and pepper. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Quickly shape the beef mixture into 6 round, equally-sized patties.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until ready to grill.
- Brush the grill rack with oil.
- Place the patties on the grill, cover, and cook, turning once, until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium.
- Meanwhile, brush the melted butter on the top and bottom buns.
- Position the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill for the last 2 minutes of grilling to toast lightly.
- When the patties are cooked, remove from the grill and keep warm while resting.
LOUISIANA BURGERS 2
- For the mayonnaise: To a bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustards, hot sauce, cornichons, green onions, parsley and some salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the burgers: Stir together the paprika, salt, pepper, thyme, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Mold the meat into patties. Brush with oil and sprinkle both sides with salt. Sprinkle 1 side of each patty with the spice mixture, making sure to rub the spices into the meat, and then drizzle with oil before grilling.
- Preheat a griddle pan to medium heat.
- Add the canola to the pan just prior to cooking. Place the burgers on the pan and cook until slightly charred and the spices have formed a crust, about 1 1/2 minutes (be careful not to burn the spices). Flip the burger over, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking to desired doneness. Top each burger with 2 slices of cheese during the last 30 seconds of cooking, until the cheese is melted.
- Put the burgers on the buns, top with the ham, some of the onions, some of the mayonnaise sauce and some potato chips. Use a skewer to hold the burger together.
Meet the Cook: My family likes its food spicy. I found the original recipe for these burgers in a cookbook, then added and subtracted ingredients until they suited our taste. Cajun Burgers are always on the menu whenever we have company over for a backyard cookout. Like my husband, I was raised in the country. We have four children (20, 16, 13 and 9) and now a grandson, too! -Julie Culbertson, Bansalem, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Combine all seasoning blend ingredients in a small bowl or resealable plastic bag; mix well. , In a bowl, combine the first eight burger ingredients; shape into four patties. Cook in a skillet or grill over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until burgers reach desired doneness. , Serve on buns; top with sauteed onions if desired. Store remaining seasoning blend in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394 calories, Fat 18g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 2246mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
More about "louisiana burger recipes"
LOUISIANA BURGER - EASY RECIPES, TV SHOWS
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main-Course, LunchServings 4
LOUISIANA SWAMP BURGER RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LOUISIANA CAJUN TURKEY BURGERS WITH ÉTOUFFéE RELISH + CREAMY …
LOUISIANA PELLET GRILL HAMBURGER RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
LOUISIANA BURGERS 2 - AMERICAN RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
BLUESIANA BURGER COMBINES LOUISIANA INGREDIENTS FOR A FLAVOR-FILLED …
LOUISIANA BURGER RECIPE - MOST DELICIOUS BURGER IN THE WORLD
LOUISIANA BURGER RECIPE BOBBY FLAY FOOD NETWORK
LOUISIANA RODEO BURGER
WAGYU STEAKHOUSE BURGER – LOUISIANA-GRILLS
BEST SIZZLE BURGER RECIPE - LOUISIANA WOMAN BLOG MAIN …
BOBBY FLAY'S LOUISIANA BURGER | GRILL IT! WITH BOBBY FLAY | FOOD ...
LOUISIANA CAJUN BURGERS RECIPE | LOUISIANA TRAVEL
LOUISIANA BURGER – RECIPES NETWORK
WILD CAUGHT LOUISIANA SHRIMP BURGERS - PAUL PIAZZA SHRIMP
BOBBY FLAY'S LOUISIANA BURGER - RECIPES.SOCIAL
LOUISIANA PELLET GRILL HAMBURGER RECIPE - MOST DELICIOUS BURGER IN …
BURGER RECIPES: LOUISIANA SPICY VOODOO BURGER /W ZINFANDEL
LOUISIANA BURGERS 2 - PLAIN.RECIPES
ULTIMATE HAMBURGER | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
BURGER RECIPES: LOUISIANA LAGNIAPPE BURGER /W PINOT GRIGIO
LOUISIANA BURGER RECIPE | EPISODE 99 - YOUTUBE
LOUISIANA BURGER | RECIPE | BURGER RECIPES, BURGER, BEST BURGER RECIPE
LOUISIANA BURGER VIDEOS RECIPE
DELICIOUS CRAWFISH BURGERS - LOUISIANA COOKIN' MAGAZINE
CAJUN BURGER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CAJUN BURGERS "SEASONED & SAUCED" - LOUISIANA FISH FRY
LOUISIANA BURGER RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | FOOD NETWORK
LOUISIANA BURGER SLIDERS — NUWAVE-SHOP
LOUISIANA BURGERS WITH REMOULADE SAUCE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
LOUISIANA BURGER - FOODNETWORK-UK-STAGE.LOMA-CMS.COM
NEW ORLEANS HAMBURGER | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
LOUIS’ LUNCH BURGER COPYCAT RECIPE – THE ORIGINAL BURGER
20 BEST VEGGIE BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BLACKENED CHEESEBURGERS WITH BACON AND LOUISIANA REMOULADE
LOUISIANA BURGERS 2 RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | COOKING CHANNEL
GRILLED CHICKEN AND PEACH BURGERS - LOUISIANA HOT SAUCE
LOUISIANA BURGERS 2 RECIPE
PIN ON RECIPES - BURGERS AND HOT DOGS - PINTEREST
LOUISIANA BURGERS - LIFE'S A TOMATO - RIPEN UP YOUR LIFE!LIFE'S A ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #american #southwestern-united-states #dietary #spicy #low-carb #inexpensive #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood
You'll also love