Jambalaya is a traditional Louisiana dish, coming from our Spanish and French culture. Rice is the main ingredient, with different meats or seafood mixed in. I particularly like this variation with shrimp and ham. -Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes. , Add shrimp and parsley; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 7-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 132mg cholesterol, Sodium 974mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. Set aside.
- In a large pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
LOUISIANA SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA
Oh Boy, is this one good! It's a simple, but very authentic Louisiana jambalaya recipe given to me by a friend who grew up in New Orleans! Nice and spicy!
Provided by Grace Lynn
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, bay leaves, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add sausage, broth, tomatoes and rice.
- Bring mixture to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
My husband helped add a little spice to my life. He grew up on Cajun cooking , while I ate mostly meat-and-potato meals. —Sandi Pichon, Memphis, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and ham; saute until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. In drippings, saute celery, onion, green pepper and green onions until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook 5 minutes longer., Stir in broth, rice, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in sausage mixture and shrimp; heat through. , Freeze option: Prepare jambalaya as directed, omitting rice and shrimp. Freeze shrimp and cooled jambalaya in separate freezer containers. Store rice in an airtight container at room temperature. To use, partially thaw jambalaya in refrigerator overnight. Place jambalaya in a 6-qt. stockpot; heat through. Add rice; cook, covered, about 10 minutes. Add frozen shrimp; continue cooking until shrimp are heated through and rice is tender, 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 143mg cholesterol, Sodium 1183mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
- Melt butter in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add red onions, 4 green onion, bell pepper, garlic, bay leaves, jalapeño, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and oregano. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Mix in tomato paste. Add sausage, ham, broth, tomatoes and rice. Bring mixture to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Garnish with remaining green onion and serve.
More about "louisiana jambalaya recipes"
AUTHENTIC JAMBALAYA RECIPE (TASTY CREOLE STYLE) - SAVORY ...
4.9/5 (25)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 485 per serving
LOUISIANA JAMBALAYA RECIPE - ONE POT VERSION | IT IS A KEEPER
5/5 (4)Category Main DishServings 6Total Time 1 hr 2 mins
- Set Ninja® Cooking System with Auto-iQ™ to STOVE TOP HIGH and preheat pot for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon black pepper.
MARK BOUDREAUX’S CAJUN JAMBALAYA | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM ...
5/5 (17)Total Time 3 minsCategory Main Dishes
- Use high heat to preheat the pot and add the sausage. With a large spoon, constantly move the sausage from the bottom of the pot. Brown the sausage but be careful not to burn the meat; remove sausage.
- Using excess sausage drippings, brown the chicken on all sides (you may need to add some oil to pan to sauté). Again use the spoon to scrape the meat from sticking and burning to the bottom of the pot. Be careful not to over cook the thigh meat to the point that it shreds; remove thighs.
- Add Italian sausage and start to brown adding onions and bell peppers when sausage is halfway browned. (You may need to add a little oil again).
HOW TO MAKE JAMBALAYA: CLASSIC CAJUN JAMBALAYA RECIPE ...
3.3/5 (18)Category EntreeCuisine CajunTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- 1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven, large pot, or very large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Add pork, sausage, and chicken breast. Sauté meat until lightly browned and fat has rendered out, about 5–10 minutes.
- 2. Once fat has rendered, add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and cover, stirring occasionally until softened and fragrant, about 5–10 more minutes. Add rice and stir to coat.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients except the green onions, and increase heat to medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is fully absorbed, about 25–30 minutes. If necessary, add water to prevent drying out. Taste and adjust seasoning.
JAMBALAYA - TRADITIONAL RECIPE FROM LOUISIANA | 196 FLAVORS
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseAuthor Mike BenayounTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onion, bell pepper and celery and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, broth, Creole or Cajun seasoning and rice. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes.
LOUISIANA JAMBALAYA RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (2)Servings 6Cuisine American RecipesCalories 474 per serving
- Put a sauté pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Season the chicken thighs on both sides, then place them skin-side down in the pan. Cook for 7-8 minutes until the skin is golden, then turn over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the celery, onion and peppers to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Add the garlic, oregano, cayenne and paprika, then cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add the bay leaves, plum tomatoes, sugar and sliced sausage, then cook for 2 minutes more until well combined. Add the rice, thyme and stock, then return the chicken to the pan skin-side up, pushed into the rice. Season and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover the pan with a lid and bubble gently for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is almost cooked.
- About 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the chicken from the pan and shred with a couple of forks (discard the skin if you want). Return the chicken meat to the pan with the king prawns and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the prawns have turned pink. Squeeze in the lemon juice to taste, scatter with spring onions, check the seasoning and serve immediately.
CHICKEN, ANDOUILLE, AND SHRIMP JAMBALAYA - LOUISIANA COOKIN
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 12
CLASSIC CAJUN JAMBALAYA RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CAJUN JAMBALAYA RECIPE | LOUISIANA TRAVEL
HEALTHY AND HEARTY VEGETARIAN JAMBALAYA - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
3.7/5 (18)Category Main Course, Side DishServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, celery, and green and red bell peppers. Stir and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir well to combine. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
CROCK POT JAMBALAYA RECIPES FROM LOUISIANA
OUR BEST JAMBALAYA RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY ...
OFFICIAL JAMBALAYA RECIPE OF GONZALES LOUISIANA | JO PRICE ...
JAMBALAYA RECIPE LOUISIANA STYLE – RESEPDAPURKU
42 BEST LOUISIANA JAMBALAYA RECIPE IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES ...
PORK JAMBALAYA, A TRADITIONAL CAJUN DISH - LOUISIANA WOMAN ...
JAMBALAYA WITHOUT SEAFOOD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
LOUISIANA JAMBALAYA RECIPE EPICURIOUS - JUST EASY RECIPE
CAJUN JAMBALAYA RECIPES FROM LOUISIANA
RALPH BRENNAN'S CREOLE JAMBALAYA | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
NEW ORLEANS JAMBALAYA
LOUISIANA JAMBALAYA - RIVER CRUISES
CREOLE JAMBALAYA - NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #main-dish #rice #seafood #american #southern-united-states #easy #holiday-event #low-fat #shrimp #crab #creole #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #kwanzaa #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is an easy Jambalaya?Jambalaya is a quintessential one pot recipe with chicken, sausage, shrimp and rice! Coming to you from New Orleans! An easy Jambalaya recipe is pure comfort food filled to the brim with flavour.
What is the difference between Cajun and New Orleans jambalaya?Many jambalayas from New Orleans and southeast Louisiana include tomato, while Cajun jambalayas do not. Chicken, Andouille, and Shrimp Jambalaya combines some of our favorite Louisiana flavors.
How to cook jambalaya with rice and shrimp?Stir in broth, rice, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in sausage mixture and shrimp; heat through. Freeze option: Prepare jambalaya as directed, omitting rice and shrimp.
How to cook chicken andouille and Jambalaya?Chicken, Andouille, and Shrimp Jambalaya. Add garlic, stirring for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add rice, and stir about 3 minutes until lightly toasted. Add tomatoes, and stir until juices are absorbed. Add broth, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.