LUCINDA'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute 1/2 of chopped onion, carrots and celery until softened. Add the meat and salt and cook on high, stirring occasionally until the moisture is evaporated and the meat is browning in fat, about 15 minutes.
- When meat is browned, stir in Worcestershire and cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and cornstarch-water mixture and simmer for additional minute to thicken.
- Peel and halve potatoes. Place in pot and cover with cold water to 2 inches above potatoes. Add generous amount of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pot (or transfer to bowl). Mash the potatoes with 4 tablespoons butter, white pepper and a few tablespoons of milk until smooth. Add more milk if needed to make potatoes creamy.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, evenly distribute the cooked meat, top with peas and remaining chopped onion and dollop mashed potatoes on top. Dot top of potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, until warmed through and potatoes are golden on top, and pie is bubbling.
THANKFUL SHEPHERD'S PIE
- Place a rack on the top of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Press the dough into a pie plate, prick the bottom of the crust with a fork and flute the edges. Bake the crust until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally until they are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup of the gravy and the milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the turkey, carrots, corn, peas, parsley, thyme, oregano, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, making sure all of the ingredients are evenly coated with the gravy. Simmer until the mixture is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to spread the mashed potatoes evenly over the mixture, making sure the potato layer meets the edges of the crust. Cover the potatoes with the cheese. Bake the pie until the top is golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut into slices and drizzle with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 653 calorie, Fat 27 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Cholesterol 111 milligrams, Sodium 878 milligrams, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 43 grams, Sugar 14 grams
GORDON RAMSAY'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
I found this on a blog on the internet site I can do that. This is a recipe that author "Oggi" adapted from Gordon Ramsay's show "Kitchen Nightmares" where he tried to save the restaurant. This recipe ended up being the signature dish of the restaurant.
Provided by chefRD
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Prepare the mashed potatoes:.
- Place potatoes in a pot, add enough water to cover, add salt, cook for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and mash (I prefer using a ricer). Warm the cream and butter then add to the mashed potatoes. Season with salt, then beat with a wooden spoon or hand beater for 1 minute until fluffy. Do not overbeat or it might turn gummy.
- Prepare the filling:.
- Add 2 T grated Parmesan cheese. Cover, set aside, keep warm while preparing beef.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, stir fry beef until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease. Add onion, garlic, and carrot and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, thyme and rosemary, cook for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until wine has almost evaporated. Add the broth and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer beef to a deep dish.
- Spoon mashed potato on top of beef. Sprinkle with 1 T grated Parmesan cheese. Fluff with a fork to create peaks.
- Bake in a 400° F oven for 20 minutes or broil until top is brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 734.1, Fat 31.1, SaturatedFat 13.9, Cholesterol 179.5, Sodium 2057.9, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 6.1, Protein 55.8
LINDA'S SHEPHERD'S PIE
Quick and easy to prepare, even the kids love this one, because it's YUMMY! This recipe will have you going back for a 2nd helping for sure... LOL It's ADDICTING!
Provided by Lindas Busy Kitchen
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a lg. frying pan cook the onion until almost done.
- Add beef and stir, cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Add a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the top of the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13" baking pan.
- Top with the 1 can of whole kernel corn, spreading across the meat mixture, then add the 2 cans of cream style corn.
- Cook and mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Add the mashed potatoes over the top of the casserole.
- Dot with pats of butter all over the top.
- Put in a 350F oven, and bake for 30 minutes or until top is lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1055.8, Fat 28.1, SaturatedFat 12.8, Cholesterol 133.5, Sodium 1171, Carbohydrate 158.4, Fiber 17.5, Sugar 15.3, Protein 52.2
TRADITIONAL SHEPHERD'S PIE
This rich and meaty classic shepherd's pie is made with a mixture of lamb and sirloin and topped with a creamy, cheesy mashed potato topping--it's sure to delight everyone at the table.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and place pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain.
- Return potatoes to the hot pan and set over the same burner. Add milk and 2 tablespoons butter; allow butter to melt from the residual heat. Mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in Cheddar cheese, sour cream, egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring constantly, until onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add lamb and beef and cook, crumbling with a spoon and stirring often until browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle meat mixture with flour, remaining salt and pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add beef stock, tomato paste, and Worcestershire; cook, scraping any flavorful bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring mixture to a simmer. Cook until thickened and vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in peas. Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish and top with the prepared mashed potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.5 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 118.1 mg, Fat 24.3 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 11.7 g, Sodium 1469.9 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
More about "lucindas shepherds pie recipes"
LUCINDA SCALA QUINN’S MAD HUNGRY SHEPHERD’S PIE …
Author Lucinda Scala QuinnEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
LENTIL SHEPHERD’S PIE - EASY PEASY FOODIE
SHEPHERD’S PIE | CLUB HOUSE CA
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - AN EASY CLASSIC | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
LUCINDA’S SHEPHERD’S PIE - MAD HUNGRY
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT SHEPHERDS PIE - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
12 TWISTS ON SHEPHERD'S PIE | MYRECIPES
SWEET POTATO PIE RECIPE: ADD A VEGAN TWIST TO THE CLASSIC …
SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
OLD FASHIONED SHEPHERD'S PIE - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
LUCINDA'S SHEPHERD'S PIE | PUNCHFORK
BEST LYNN CRAWFORD'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE (OR COTTAGE PIE) - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
LUCINDA'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | RECIPE | SHEPHERDS PIE, LAMB …
SHEPHERD'S PIE | ARCTIC GARDENS
RECIPES, RECIPES AND RECIPES - TASTE - TASTE.COM.AU
TRADITIONAL SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH LAMB | GIRL HEART FOOD®
LUCINDAS SHEPHERD'S PIE | OPSKRIFTER 2022
SHEPHERD’S PIE RECIPE - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE AKA COTTAGE PIE RECIPE (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
LUCINDA'S SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE | RECIPE | SHEPHERDS PIE, LAMB …
ALEX GUARNASCHELLI'S CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - TODAY
VIDEO: CHEDDAR-TOPPED SHEPHERD'S PIE | MARTHA STEWART
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - DAILY REBECCA
SIMPLE SHEPHERD'S PIE - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
IRISH SHEPHERD'S PIE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
CLASSIC SHEPHERD'S PIE - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
CLASSIC SHEPHERD’S PIE – JULIA PACHECO
LUCINDA'S SPINACH AND HAM PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
INDIVIDUAL SHEPHERD’S PIES - LUNDS & BYERLYS
EASY SHEPHERD'S PIE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
INA GARTEN SHEPHERDS PIE - HALF-SCRATCHED
LUCINDA SCALA QUINN’S MAD HUNGRY SHEPHERD’S PIE [RECIPE]
SHEPHERD’S PIE - LUCY WAVERMAN'S KITCHEN
You'll also love