SWEET COUSCOUS WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUIT
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cranberries, apricots, and cherries. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in the couscous and remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid until the couscous has absorbed all of the cooking liquid, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Using a fork, fluff the couscous to break up any lumps. Add the almonds and hazelnuts and toss. Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet until completely cooled, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the couscous to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Suggestion: Drizzle the couscous with 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil for a moister texture.
MAGHREBI SWEET COUSCOUS (SEFFA)
- 1. Pour the boiling water over the couscous and salt, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. (If using regular couscous, after soaking, toss with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, place in a colander, and steam over boiling water, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.) Stir to fluff.
- 2. Stir the sugar and cinnamon into the butter. Pour over the couscous and toss to coat. Gradually add enough milk to moisten the couscous.
- 3. Mound the couscous on a large platter and sprinkle with the additional cinnamon. Or for individual servings, pack into custard cups and invert onto serving plates.
- Couscous Hillo (Moroccan Fruited Couscous):
- Add 3/4 cup raisins, 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates, 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots, 3/4 cup chopped blanched almonds, and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or 1/3 cup pine nuts.
- Couscous de Cérémonie:
- Mounded couscous is featured on special occasions, such as weddings and bar mitzvahs. Pack half of the couscous mixture into a large bowl, sprinkle with 2/3 cup ground toasted blanched almonds, top with the remaining couscous, invert onto a serving platter, and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Garnish with datils rellenos.
SEFFA (SWEET COUSCOUS WITH ALMOND MILK)
- Combine the milk and almonds in a saucepan with a lid and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Turn off the heat, cover and let sit while you proceed with the recipe.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium/low.
- When butter melts, add the couscous and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down very low.
- Cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 7-12 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, soak the raisins, apricots and dates in warm water.
- Pour the couscous into a large serving bowl and stir in the remaining butter along with the drained fruit.
- Fluff the couscous and break up any lumps.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir and taste to adjust seasonings if needed.
- Strain the almond milk and pour over the couscous and serve.
SWEET AND NUTTY MOROCCAN COUSCOUS
I've simplified this recipe for Couscous Mesfouf without losing any of its deliciously complex flavor. Prepare all the mix-ins ahead of time and it takes only minutes to make. Enjoy!
Provided by Christina S.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the butter, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 442.1 calories, Carbohydrate 68.2 g, Cholesterol 25.4 mg, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 163.5 mg, Sugar 16.9 g
SWEET VEGETABLE COUSCOUS
- Place saffron into the boiling water to infuse.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onion, garlic and chilies and cook gently for five minutes.
- Add the ground ginger, cinnamon and other spices except the saffron, and gently cook for 1 to 2 mins more.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, saffron, carrots, turnips, sweet potatoes, raisins, cover and cook 25 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, chickpeas, parsley and coriander and cook for 10 mins more.
- Prepare the couscous according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with the veggie mixture on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267.4, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 306.7, Carbohydrate 55.6, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 18.9, Protein 7.1
More about "maghrebi sweet couscous seffa recipes"
SEFFA (COUSCOUS SUCRÉ /SWEET COUSCOUS / CUSCÚS DULCE)
22 MAGHREBI COOKING IDEAS | COOKING, MOROCCAN FOOD, MOROCCAN …
WELOVEGOD.ORG - SHARE YOUR RECIPE! - SEFFA (SWEET CINNAMON …
SWEET COUSCOUS SEFFA | DESSERTS AROUND THE WORLD, HEALTHY …
KHADIJA IS IN THE KITCHEN: SEFFA (COUSCOUS SUCRÉ /SWEET …
SWEET COUSCOUS SEFFA RECIPE : SBS FOOD | FOOD, RECIPES, SBS FOOD
SWEET COUSCOUS (SEFFA) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SWEET COUSCOUS SEFFA RECIPE : SBS FOOD
SEFFA (SWEET COUSCOUS WITH ALMOND MILK) - PLAIN.RECIPES
10 BEST SWEET COUSCOUS DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEFFA (SWEET CINNAMON COUSCOUS WITH DRIED FRUIT) - BIGOVEN
RECIPES/MAGHREBI-SWEET-COUSCOUS-SEFFA-104020.JSON AT …
SEFFA RECIPE - RECIPE2AND4ALL.BLOGSPOT.COM
SEFFA ( SWEET COUSCOUS WITH ALMONDS PISTACHIO AND CURRANTS)
SWEET COUSCOUS DESSERT - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 MOST POPULAR MAGHREBI DESSERTS - TASTEATLAS
SWEET COUSCOUS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY DESSERT - SWEET COUSCOUS - AMIRA'S PANTRY
SWEET COUSCOUS SEFFA | RECIPES, DESSERTS AROUND THE WORLD, HEALTHY ...
MOROCCAN SEFFA MEDFOUNA SAFFRON CHICKEN VERMICELLI RECIPE
10 BEST CINNAMON SWEET COUSCOUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
COUSCOUS SEFFA - RECIPE - YOUTUBE
MOROCCAN SWEET COUSCOUS - SAFFRONSTREAKS
RECIPES/MAGHREBI.MD AT MASTER · DPAPATHANASIOU/RECIPES · GITHUB
MARRUECOO BLOG: SEFFA-SWEET COUSCOUS WITH CINNAMON
COUSCOUS SEFFA | MOROCCAN FOOD, FOOD, RECIPES
ADD A LITTLE INTEREST WITH PERSIAN COUSCOUS RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
SWEET BREAKFAST COUSCOUS (TUNISIAN MESFOUF) RECIPE
SWEET AND SAVORY MOROCCAN COUSCOUS BY MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE
SEFFA RECIPE // MAGHREBI SWEET COUSCOUS (MEDIUM)
SWEET AND SAVORY MOROCCAN COUSCOUS - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
MAGHREBI SWEET COUSCOUS (SEFFA) | BACHELOR BOWL
COUSCOUS SEFFA MODERNE - JOIEDEVIN.COM
10 MOST POPULAR MOROCCAN DESSERTS - TASTEATLAS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make couscous dessert?A super easy and quick couscous dessert. 1 c couscous. 1 1/4 c of water. 2 Tbs unsalted butter- divided. 1/4 c powdered sugar. Coconut flakes your favorite nuts, more powdered sugar. In a medium pot, add water and 1 Tbs of butter and bring to a boil. Add couscous and continue boiling for 1 minutes.
How much broth do I add to couscous?Reduce the 2 cups dry couscous to one 10 oz. box of couscous (measured out to 1 1/2 cups approx.) Even with that reduction it is a tad dry so you might want to add 1 or 2 T. extra broth. (The dried fruits absorb some of the liquid leaving less for the couscous and making it a tad on the dry side.)
How do you cook couscous in boiling water?Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the butter, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds, and serve.
How do you make couscous with cranberries?In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cranberries, apricots, and cherries. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in the couscous and remove the pan from the heat.