MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY
This spicy and delicious recipe is absolutely incredible. It is so tasty but not recommended for youngsters. I recommend this recipe to impress visitors or your family. Serve with Jasmati® rice topped with cilantro.
Provided by christinereichard
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Combine shallots, chile peppers, lemongrass, almonds, cilantro, garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a food processor; pulse into a smooth paste. Measure out 1 cup of paste into a large bowl. Add chicken thighs and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry chicken in batches until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large plate using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Place onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and carrot in the same skillet. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add snow peas; cook and stir until slightly softened but still crisp, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the skillet. Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Simmer until flavors combine, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 617.4 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Cholesterol 102.6 mg, Fat 42 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 22.9 g, Sodium 409.6 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
GORDON RAMSAY'S MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY
This recipe came highly recommended and intrigued me as the spice combination was different to any curry I have made. Which if I may say so myself, is a few. That and the fact our household loves a good Sunday afternoon curry.
Provided by mell_2
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- To make the curry paste. Put the garlic, chillies, lemon grass, ginger and shallots in a food processor to form a paste. (Or you can use a pestle and mortar).
- Next, heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan. Tip in the curry paste with 1 tsp ground turmeric and stir over a medium heat for a few minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add to the pan, stirring to coat in the paste. Add the lime leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, coconut milk, stock, sugar, soy and fish sauces and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for half an hour to an hour until the chicken is tender.
- Skim off any excess oil on the surface of the curry. Taste add salt and pepper if you think its needs. Add the beans and cover for another few minutes until the beans are tender.
- To serve, scatter the coriander leaves over the curry and serve with rice and roti.
MALAYSIAN-STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- In a food processor chop fine shallots, garlic, and gingerroot. Add water and purée to a paste.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt. In a large heavy casserole heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown chicken in 2 batches, transferring with tongs as browned to a large plate. Reduce heat to moderately low. Add shallot paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chicken with any juices accumulated on plate and remaining ingredients except coriander and simmer, covered and turning chicken once, until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate with tongs and boil sauce gently, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick, clove, and star anise and season sauce with salt. Add chicken and coriander and serve over rice.
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY
I love these tender chicken pieces in fragrant coconut curry gravy. When served with hot coconut rice and fried anchovies, it's called Nasi Lemak. (Check out my recipe for the rice). I'd like to think this is lower in fat than those restaurant ones. Eat the leftover with crusty French bread. Yum...
Provided by WaterMelon
Yield 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- First, dry fry the dessicated coconut with turmeric, ground ginger, garlic powder, chilli flakes, salt and pepper until lightly browned (you can also toast it in the oven at 300°F for 5-10mins but you have to watch it VERY carefully as it burns quickly; you may need to stir once or twice); set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Once hot, turn heat down to medium hot and saute onion, garlic, chopped chilli, ginger and lemongrass for 2 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, mix well for another minute.
- Stir in chilli paste, stir fry until well-combined.
- Add curry leaves, stir fry until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add about 1/2 - 1 cup of water and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and let cook over low heat for approximately 20 minutes, adding more water if you find it too dry.
- Add the evaporated milk to the curry, stir well.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- You may add some salt and pepper if desired (i usually add a good dash of black pepper).
- Finally, stir in the dessicated coconut (the mixture should be quite thick).
- Serve over hot coconut rice (nasi lemak), garnished with sliced cucumber.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.4, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 12.2, Cholesterol 34, Sodium 124.4, Carbohydrate 30.7, Fiber 7.5, Sugar 8.1, Protein 13.8
MALAYSIAN MANGO CHICKEN CURRY
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the chicken breast. Cook the chicken breast until no longer pink in the center. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate. Meanwhile, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, curry powder, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook and stir the onion over medium heat until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the green and red bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes, then add the ginger and cook for another minute. Stir in the chicken stock mixture and the cooked chicken breast. Cook until the sauce has thickened. Drop mango in and cook until the mango is heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.9 calories, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 66.1 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 707.9 mg, Sugar 30.5 g
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY
One of my favourite Gordon Ramsey F-Word recipes. Easy to make and can be made as hot or mild as you like!
Provided by marlow1
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- First make the curry paste. Put the garlic, chillies, lemon grass, ginger, shallots and turmeric in a food processor and whiz to a paste. With the motor running, trickle in a little groundnut oil and blend well, scraping the sides of the processor several times. (Or you can pound the ingredients together in batches using a pestle and mortar).
- To make the curry, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat the groundnut oil in a large cast-iron casserole or heavy-based pan. Tip in the curry paste and stir over a medium heat for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until they are beginning to soften.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and stir to coat them in the spice paste. Add the lime leaves, cinnamon stick, star anise, coconut milk, stock, sugar, soy and fish sauces and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- For the rice, rinse the grains in cold water to get rid of any excess starch. Drain and tip into a heavy-based pan. Add the rest of the ingredients with 200ml water, stir well and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Leaving the lid on, remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve while still hot.
- Skim off any excess oil on the surface of the curry. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Tip in the beans, put the lid on and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes until the beans are tender. Scatter the coriander leaves over the curry and serve with the coconut rice.
More about "malaysian style chicken curry recipes"
MALAYSIAN CURRY CHICKEN - SOUTHEAST ASIAN RECIPES
Reviews 4Calories 594 per servingCategory Side
- Soak dried chillies until soft and remove the membranes to reduce the spiciness. Blend candlenuts, garlic, shallots, ginger and dried chillies with curry powder.
- Add chicken meat and mix well. Cook until the dish is slightly dry. Add water and cook over high heat.
BEST MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - FOOD52
Reviews 17Servings 4-6Cuisine MalaysianCategory Entree
CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE (EASY INGREDIENTS WITH BIG FLAVOR!)
4.8/5 (44)Total Time 1 hrCategory Malaysian RecipesCalories 288 per serving
CHICKEN CURRY (THE BEST RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN YELLOW CURRY | MAKAN WITH CHERRY
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
THE BEST COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY (REGULAR OR INSTANT …
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY - DELICIOUS NYONYA CHICKEN
MALAYSIAN STYLE CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - MYFOODBOOK
CHICKEN CURRY (CLASSIC MALAYSIAN STYLE) - ROTI N RICE
MALAYSIAN-STYLE CHICKEN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHICKEN SATAY CURRY (MALAYSIAN) | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN CURRY | CHICKEN CURRY MALAYSIAN STYLE | CHICKEN …
MALAYSIAN-STYLE CHICKEN CURRY - BIGOVEN.COM
MALAYSIAN STYLE CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE BY CHEF THERESA
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
MALAYSIAN-STYLE CHICKEN CURRY - RECIPE FLOW
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
AYAM MASAK LEMAK CILI API (MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY)
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE, VIDEO, AND COOKING TIPS
MALAYSIAN CURRY CHICKEN THICKER VERSION - MY LOVELY RECIPES
KARI AYAM - MALAYSIAN CURRY CHICKEN - GLEBE KITCHEN
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY (KARI AYAM) - A RECIPE FROM COOK EAT WORLD
BEST MALAYSIAN CURRY RECIPES IN THE COOK EAT WORLD
EASY CHICKEN DISHES: MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY WITH POTATO
MALAYSIAN CURRY CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY - SATYAM'S KITCHEN
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY MEAL KIT RECIPE | SASHI’S SECRET
MALAY SPICED CHICKEN RECIPES
FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY - LOW CARB YUM
KARI AYAM (AUTHENTIC MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY) - THE BRUISED FRYPAN
MALAYSIAN (NYONYA) CHICKEN CURRY - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
QUICK MALAYSIAN CURRY RECIPE | MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY
GORDON RAMSAY'S MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASY CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE - TASTE OF ASIAN FOOD
SATAY CHICKEN CURRY - KHIN'S KITCHEN
MALAYSIAN NYONYA CHICKEN CURRY - MY FRIDAY FOOD SWINGS
INSTANT POT SMART – MALAYSIAN CURRY CHICKEN – FLO LUM
CURRY CHICKEN - MALAYSIAN STYLE - FUSION RECIPES
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY - SUM LEE COOKING
MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY | CANADIAN LIVING
You'll also love