- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut cold butter into flour mixture, until you see small, pea-sized pieces of butter throughout the dough. Add milk, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and egg and mix just until the ingredients are combined; do not overmix. Dough will be sticky with visible pieces of butter.
- Turn dough out onto generously floured surface and sprinkle bacon pieces on top. Gently knead dough 10 to 15 times to incorporate bacon, sprinkling with additional flour if the dough is super sticky.
- Pat the dough out to a 3/4- to 1-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or glass. Transfer biscuits to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 10 to 15 minutes. Brush the tops with melted butter and remaining maple syrup for extra depth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.8 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 61 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 543.5 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
MAPLE BACON CHEDDAR BISCUITS
Soft, tender, oh-so-flaky biscuits the whole family will love! Wtih crisp bacon and maple syrup, what could be better, right?
Provided by Chungah Rhee
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. In a large bowl, combine bacon, flour, cheese, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk and 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Add to the flour mixture and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms. Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut out 12 rounds using a 2 to 2 1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet; place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove biscuits from freezer. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and butter. Serve biscuits warm, brushed with the maple-butter mixture.
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS
Breakfast in a biscuit! My husband and I had these during a trip to LA and they were fabulous. I am not a fan of maple, but these biscuits are very good. I just happened across the original recipe while reading food related articles. This recipe makes 2 dozen, however, I freeze 1 1/2 dozen and take them out as needed. Give them a try; I am sure you will love them as well. Adapted from Zoe Nathan of Rustic Canyon
Provided by Brandess
Yield 2 dozen, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a medium frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crispy, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate or pan, to remove excess fat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the diced butter, until it resembles small peas. Stir in the bacon, then one-fourth cup plus 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and the buttermilk until the dough just comes together (it will still be clumpy). Be careful not to overwork the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently press or roll the dough to 1-inch thickness. Cut the biscuits using a 2-inch round cutter; you should have 24 biscuits. Place 12 biscuits on each of two parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. Freeze the trays just until the biscuits are chilled, about 10 minutes. (Here is where I removed 6 biscuits to bake from the freezer and allow the rest to hard freeze. Later, I pack them away for freezing to pull out later.).
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. While the biscuits are chilling, prepare the egg wash: In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, egg and cream. Brush the chilled biscuits with egg wash and top each with a pinch of fleur de sel.
- Bake the biscuits until they just begin to brown, about 25 minutes (you should easily be able to pick the biscuits up off the tray). Remove the tray from the oven. Quickly drizzle 1 teaspoon of the remaining maple syrup over each biscuit, then place the tray back in the oven for 3 minutes more.
- BAKE FROM FROZEN: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place desired number of frozen biscuits on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 20-26 minutes to desired browning is achieved.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.6, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 51.1, Sodium 382.7, Carbohydrate 23.6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 8.5, Protein 4.8
CHOCOLATE BACON BISCUIT WITH MAPLE WHISKEY WHIPPED CREAM
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the bacon in a small skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Cook, stirring, until dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal with some pea-sized lumps. Make a well in the center of the mixture, then gradually add the half-and-half, stirring to incorporate it into the mix.
- Set aside about 2 tablespoons of the bacon. Knead the rest of the bacon into the dough a few times, then turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat it out to a 3/4-inch-thick circle. Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch round cutter, transferring them to an ungreased baking sheet. Gather the scraps, reshape and cut out more biscuits (discard any remaining scraps). Brush the biscuits with a little half and half and sprinkle each with a bit of the reserved bacon. Bake the biscuits until puffed and set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the cream and maple syrup together until it holds stiff peaks; beat in the whiskey. Serve the warm biscuits with the whipped cream.
MAPLE SYRUP BISCUITS
- Mix together the first three ingredients. Melt 1/4 cup margarine and combine with the soymilk and vinegar. Pour the soymilk mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. May need to add extra soymilk if it's too dry.
- Form into 7 biscuits. To make maple syrup mixture add the maple syrup and 1/4 cup margarine together. Pour maple syrup mixture into pie pan and place biscuits into pan in tortoise shell pattern. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 335.2, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 2.4, Sodium 870.6, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 18.4, Protein 4.6
More about "maple bacon biscuits recipes"
MAPLE-BACON BISCUIT BAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.4/5 (76)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsServings 16Calories 210 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Lightly grease an 8" square or 9" round pan; whichever size you choose, make sure it's at least 2" deep, to prevent any boil-over., Syrup: Chop the cooked bacon into 1/2" pieces.
- Spread in the bottom of the prepared pan., Biscuits: Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl., Work in the butter until the mixture is crumbly; some larger, pea-sized pieces of butter may remain intact., Add the milk or buttermilk, stirring to make a sticky dough., Drop the dough in heaping tablespoonfuls atop the syrup in the pan.
- A tablespoon cookie scoop, slightly overfilled, works well here., Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes.
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
BEST EVER BACON CHEDDAR BUTTERMILK BISCUITS (WITH MAPLE ...
CHEDDAR BACON BISCUITS WITH BOURBON MAPLE GLAZE - THE BAKE ...
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS — COOKING WITH THE PAN
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS | GREENS & CHOCOLATE
BACON PEANUT BUTTER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MAPLE BACON & CHEDDAR BUTTERMILK BISCUITS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
MAPLE BUTTERMILK BISCUITS WITH BACON - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
20 MAPLE-BACON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS RECIPE | MAPLESYRUPWORLD
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS – A TOAST AND TEA
HOMEMADE MAPLE BACON DOUGHNUTS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS FROM THE HUCKLEBERRY CAFE - CREATIVE ...
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS - RECIPES LIST
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS | DIXIE CHIK COOKS
BEST MAPLE BACON PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
SAUSAGE & BACON MAPLE BISCUIT BREAKFAST BAKE - DRIZZLE ME ...
MAPLE BACON CHEDDAR BISCUITS - WOOD'S VERMONT SYRUP COMPANY
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS RECIPE - JESSIE SHEEHAN BAKES
MAPLE-BACON BISCUITS - BISCUITS
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS - EASY AS COOKIES
MAPLE-BACON BISCUIT BAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS W/MAPLE GLAZE - A COZY KITCHEN
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS - POLLY'S PANCAKE PARLOR
STICKY MAPLE BACON BISCUITS - THE MERCHANT BAKER
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS - LEMON-SUGAR.COM
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS: RUBY TUESDAY COPYCAT RECIPE
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS | MADE FROM SCRATCH
MAPLE BACON BISCUITS - PLAIN.RECIPES
MAPLE-BACON BISCUITS | RECIPESTY
MAPLE BACON BISCUIT POPS | METRO
MAPLE BACON STICKY BISCUITS RECIPE | THE LOVELESS CAFE
FLUFFY BACON BUTTERMILK BISCUITS WITH MAPLE GLAZE - MISS ...
MAPLE, BACON AND PECAN PULL-APART BISCUITS - MARKET OF CHOICE
MAPLE BACON BISCUIT BAKE - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
#bacon #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #breads #breakfast #pork #american #easy #diabetic #kid-friendly #rolls-biscuits #dietary #comfort-food #californian #pacific-northwest #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #inexpensive #toddler-friendly #meat #brunch #taste-mood #savory #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love