MARRAKESH LENTIL STEW
Make and share this Marrakesh Lentil Stew recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Auntie Mags
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix all ingredients in large saucepot on stove or in crock pot.
- Stir and put lid on.
- Simmer on low for 2 hours or until lentils are soft.
- Serve with biscuits or toast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.9, Fat 25.7, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 71, Sodium 924.3, Carbohydrate 49.2, Fiber 16.9, Sugar 7.3, Protein 34.3
This one-pot Moroccan stew, courtesy of reader Sonya Labbe in Los Angeles, is packed with spicy flavor and healthy vegetables. Make this on a weekend and freeze the leftovers for a fast weeknight dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Seasonal Recipes Fall Recipes Butternut Squash Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In an 8-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 minutes. Add cumin, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne, and allspice and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add carrots, potatoes, and squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth (vegetables should be completely covered by liquid; add water to cover, if necessary). Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Add eggplant, stir to combine, and simmer until eggplant is tender, 20 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook until chickpeas are warmed through, 5 minutes. Serve stew with couscous if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 6 g
Fragrant cinnamon, cumin and coriander give this hearty meatless medley from Rita Reinke of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin its exotic Moroccan flavor.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the cauliflower, carrots and onion in oil for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini, water, cumin, salt, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
CARA'S MOROCCAN STEW
Lentils, chick peas, and veggies in a highly aromatic stew. This is a delicious and hearty recipe that is worth the effort. I make this ahead of time for the week to come and it is always a hit. Optional garnishes are yogurt, fresh mint, and cayenne pepper.
Provided by Cara Lewis-Watts
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the lentils, bay leaves, and whole garlic cloves. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer lentils until they are cooked but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain well. Place lentils in a bowl; toss with olive oil, thyme, and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic. Remove bay leaves and whole garlic cloves; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in chili flakes, cinnamon, cumin, and coriander and cook until fragrant. Add garlic, onion, celery, zucchini, red and yellow peppers, and squash; cook 3 or 4 minutes.
- Mix in the lentils, tomatoes, chickpeas, and vegetable stock. Raise heat to medium-high until stew just begins to boil; reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add the chopped parsley. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with a dollop of yogurt, some chopped mint, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.9 calories, Carbohydrate 49.7 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 11.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 414 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
MAKE-AHEAD VEGETARIAN MOROCCAN STEW
This delicious, healthy North African-inspired stew is a family favorite, served with warm bread or even over couscous. You can make the entire stew ahead of time, let it cool, and refrigerate it for up to 3 days or freeze it for several months. You can also chop the veggies and mix the spices ahead of time, freeze them, and assemble it with the canned ingredients the day you wish to cook it for a wonderful exotic meal in just 30 minutes.
Provided by Make-Ahead Mamas
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Combine cinnamon, cumin, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric, and curry powder in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion in the butter until soft and just beginning to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in kale and spice mixture; cook until kale begins to wilt and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Stir garbanzo beans, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, lentils, apricots, and honey, into the broth; bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables and lentils are cooked and tender, about 30 minutes. Season stew with black pepper.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into stew and simmer thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 543.2 calories, Carbohydrate 110.6 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 24 g, Protein 19.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 1217.9 mg, Sugar 23.2 g
SLOW-COOKER MARRAKECH CHICKEN STEW WITH PRESERVED LEMON AND OLIVES
This pungent, fragrant chicken stew is not for the weak of palate. Radiating the aromas of toasted cumin and coriander, and spiked with the salty-sour pucker of cured lemons and olives, it produces a heady and exotic effect. If you can't find preserved lemons in your local food markets (high-end stores usually stock them), you can order them or make them yourself.
Provided by Andrew Schloss
Categories Slow Cooker Chicken Lemon Dinner Olive
Yield Serves 4-6
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a medium skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seed and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, add the coriander seed, and stir for 30 seconds. Scrape the spices into a mortar with a pestle or into a spice grinder and grind until the cumin and coriander are coarsely ground. Mix with the flour, salt, and pepper in a medium large mixing bowl and dredge the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour mixture; pat off the excess flour and reserve the mixture.
- Heat the oil in an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat; brown the chicken pieces on both sides, in batches, about 3 minutes per side, then transfer to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and the reserved seasoned flour mixture and stir until the flour is lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and chicken broth and stir until the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest (but not the juice).
- Pour over the chicken and scatter the chopped preserved lemon over the top. Cover the cooker and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high, or 4 to 6 hours on low, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of one of the uppermost pieces of chicken registers 170°F. Keep warm for as long as 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a platter. Stir the lemon juice, parsley, and olives into the sauce, and spoon over the chicken.
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW
This warming one-pot stew is packed with nourishing ingredients like fibre-full chickpeas and iron-rich lentils
Provided by Justine Pattison
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or saucepan and gently fry the onion and leeks for 10-15 mins until well softened, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 2 mins more.
- Stir in the ground coriander, cumin, chilli and cinnamon. Cook for 2 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with plenty of ground black pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes, peppers, chickpeas, lentils, sweet potatoes, orange peel and juice, half the nuts and 400ml/14fl oz water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 mins, adding a splash of water if the stew looks too dry, and stir occasionally until the potatoes are softened but not breaking apart.
- Remove the pan from the heat and ladle the stew into bowls. Scatter with coriander and the remaining nuts and top with yogurt, if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 63 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 26 grams sugar, Fiber 15 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW
An easy flavorful dish, I like to serve this with couscous mixed with lots of finely chopped parsley and a dish of preserved lemons on the side. Reheats well.If you like the red peppers with more crunch, add them to the dish when you put the zucchini in.
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a good size Dutch oven fry the onion, garlic, carrot, pepper and celery in the olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices and stir-fry this for 1 minute more.
- To this add the stock and the tomatoes, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add the chickpeas, zucchini and the olives, bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the zucchini is cooked, probably another 10-15 minutes Add lemon juice, taste, stir in the almonds and serve.
MOROCCAN VEGETARIAN STEW
This fragrant, spicy chickpea stew can be served over couscous or with warm pita bread. Try topping this Moroccan dish with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream to cool it down. -Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Add seasonings; cook and stir 1 minute., Stir in squash, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until squash and potatoes are almost tender, 15-20 minutes. , Add zucchini and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 174mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "marrakesh stew recipes"
MARRAKESH STEW | LIFE FROM SCRATCH
Servings 8Category Dairy-Free
BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MOROCCAN BEEF STEW - FROM A CHEF'S KITCHEN - EASY GOURMET RECIPES
MOROCCAN CHICKPEAS STEW RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
MARRAKESH STEW RECIPE | RECIPE | QUICK CHICKEN RECIPES, MOROCCAN ...
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW - BOWL ME OVER
MOROCCAN ELK STEW RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
MARRAKESH STEW RECIPES
MOROCCAN BEEF STEW | TESCO REAL FOOD
GUSTO TV - MOROCCAN VEGETABLE STEW
MARRAKESH STEW RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MOROCCAN STEW (HARIRA) - CANADA'S FOOD GUIDE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
TOP 10 MOROCCAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
MOROCCAN STEW WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHICKPEAS
EASY MARRAKESH BEEF RECIPE BY AMEE'S SAVORY DISH
MOROCCAN FISH STEW - FIJI JOE TURMERIC
EASY MOROCCAN LAMB STEW RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MOROCCAN LAMB STEW - CANADIANCOOKINGADVENTURES.COM
MARRAKESH STEW RECIPE | RECIPE | MOROCCAN STEW, VEGAN MAIN …
MOROCCAN STEW RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF TAGINE (MOROCCAN BEEF STEW) - GYPSYPLATE
MOROCCAN STYLE VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
MOROCCAN FISH STEW - SALIMA'S KITCHEN - MOROCCAN RECIPES
MOROCCAN SPICED GOAT STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MOROCCAN BEEF STEW - BUDGET BYTES
MOROCCAN STEW RECIPE | MAKE MOROCCAN STYLE VEGETABLE STEW
EASY 30 MINUTE MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
MOROCCAN CHICKPEA STEW – A COUPLE COOKS
MOROCCAN ELK STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MOROCCAN FISH STEW WITH FRESH HERBS - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
MARRAKESH LENTIL STEW RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BEST MOROCCAN STEW WITH PRESERVED LEMON RECIPES | COMFORT …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love