STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Homemade ice cream is delicious and surprisingly easy. With just 20 minutes of prep, create this frosty treat using just five ingredients-egg yolks, sugar, skim milk, heavy cream, and sliced strawberries.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 1/2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and salt until blended. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until custard thickens slightly and evenly coats back of spoon (it should hold a line drawn by your finger), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl set over ice. Stir in cream. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until chilled.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Mash 4 cups sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar and let stand 10 minutes. Add to ice cream as it churns in ice cream maker. Transfer ice cream to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours (or up to 3 months).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251 g, Fat 18 g, Protein 4 g
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- Place the berries into the container of a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/4 cups of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble at the edge of the pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup cream, and corn syrup. Gradually pour the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Return the mixture to the saucepan, and heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Strain custard into the berry puree through a sieve, mix, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.7 g, Cholesterol 183.9 mg, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 14.5 g, Sodium 34 mg, Sugar 32.8 g
VANILLA-STRAWBERRY-SWIRL ICE CREAM
- When ice cream is frozen, fold in 1/2 cup Strawberry Syrup and Strawberry Puree with a wooden spoon until barely mixed.
EXTRA-RICH STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pour the half-and-half and cream into the top of a double boiler and heat over hot water until hot, but not boiling. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. Slowly pour the hot cream into the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Return to the double boiler and cook over medium-low until thick and bubbling around the edges. The custard will coat a wooden spoon. Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a metal bowl. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Rinse and hull the berries. Roughly chop the berries and transfer half to a small bowl. Mash the other half with a fork or potato masher; they will not be smooth but still a little chunky. Add them to the chopped berries. Chill for at least 1 hour. Pour the cream into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. When the ice cream is the consistency of whipped cream, stir in the berries. Transfer to a shallow quart container, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze in the refrigerator's freezer for at least 3 hours until ready to serve. Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping.
MARTHA'S STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
In Martha's grown-up take on the beloved ice cream flavor, ripe strawberries are pureed for the base, then macerated with vodka or tequila and folded in after churning.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 1/2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a blender, puree halved strawberries with lemon juice and salt. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. (You should have 1 1/2 cups of puree; reserve any excess for another use.)
- Combine milk, cream, 2/3 cup sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Strain mixture into a bowl set in an ice bath and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 5 minutes. Stir in strawberry puree. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vodka. Add chopped strawberries and macerate at room temperature at least 2 hours, or in the refrigerator, covered, up to 12 hours.
- Process puree mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. When it has the texture of soft serve, drain macerated berries (reserving syrup for another use) and fold into ice cream. Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze, wrapped in plastic, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
CHEF JOHN'S STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Many people consider this type of strawberry ice cream recipe a 'hack' or a 'cheat' because we're skipping the more time-consuming and sometimes temperamental egg-custard step; but even if I didn't want to save time I'd still prefer this method. To be clear, I'm only speaking about this specific flavor of ice cream. For deep, dark chocolate, or butter pecan, I'll take the classic French-style every time. But, for sweet, juicy strawberries, I'm not a big fan of the egginess you get with the traditional method.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place strawberries and sugar in a blender and pulse until pureed; steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour cream, milk, vanilla extract, and salt into strawberry mixture; blend until smooth and slightly thickened, 10 to 15 seconds. Whisk red food color into cream mixture.
- Pour strawberry mixture into the container of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer ice cream to a sealable container, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap, seal the container, and freeze, 2 hours to overnight.
- Process in an ice cream maker until thick. Immediately transfer to a sealable container, cover with plastic wrap, cover the bowl with a lid and freeze for 2 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.8 g, Cholesterol 56 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 39.9 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
INSIDE-OUT STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until incorporated; mix in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, alternately add flour mixture in three parts and buttermilk in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in pan; turn cake out onto a rack, and let cool completely. Using a long serrated knife, halve cake horizontally.
- While cake is cooling, combine strawberries and jam in a medium bowl.
- Line sides of a 9-inch springform pan with a strip of waxed paper; wrap outside of pan with plastic wrap. Center bottom half of cake in pan, cut side up.
- Spread 1 1/2 pints ice cream over top and down around sides. Spread strawberry mixture on ice cream, leaving a 1-inch border. Set top half of cake over it.
- Spread remaining ice cream over top and down around sides of cake. Tap cake on counter to help ice cream settle. Smooth top, and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours or, covered, up to 2 weeks. To serve, remove plastic from pan, unmold cake, and peel off waxed paper. Let cake rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing.
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Use sweet strawberries whilst they're in season to make this fabulous homemade strawberry ice cream. It's perfect on its own or as an accompaniment summer desserts
Provided by Cassie Best
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put the strawberries in a food processor or blender. Whizz to a purée, then add the lemon juice to taste - if the strawberries are quite tart you'll only need a little.
- Warm the cream and milk in a pan until just steaming, not boiling. Whisk the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl for a minute or two until pale yellow. Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the eggs, whisking as you do. Once fully incorporated, strain through a sieve back into the pan. Gently cook over a low-medium heat until it thickens slightly - it should coat the back of your spoon and leave a channel if you run your finger through it (this will happen at about 82-85C). Be careful not to overcook it as the eggs will scramble. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and cool for 10 mins, then chill for 1 hr.
- Stir the strawberry purée and vanilla through the cold custard. Taste to see if it needs a little more lemon or vanilla.
- Freeze the ice cream in an ice cream maker, or container in the freezer. If you don't have an ice cream maker, freeze for 4 hrs, whisking vigorously or blending in a food processor every hour to remove any ice crystals. Will keep in the freezer for up to two months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 532 calories, Fat 45 grams fat, SaturatedFat 27 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 25 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
EASY, EGGLESS STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla, strawberries, and food coloring. Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.1 g, Cholesterol 86.4 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 14.5 g, Sodium 121 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
PERFECT NO-COOK STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
And how. Cooked eggy custards have their place in the ice cream firmament, but in this instance there is nothing that stands in the way of the juicy, ripe immediacy of a much-loved summer fruit.
Provided by Andrea Albin
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Coarsely mash strawberries with sugar, lemon juice, and salt using a potato masher in a large bowl. Let stand, stirring and mashing occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Transfer half of strawberry mixture to a blender and purée with cream until smooth. Return strawberry cream to bowl with remaining strawberries and chill, stirring occasionally, until very cold, 3 to 6 hours.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to firm up.
PEACH ICE CREAM
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream and milk over medium-high until tiny bubbles begin to form around edges of pan, 2 to 3 minutes.
- While milk mixture heats, vigorously whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until very thick and pale in color, about 2 minutes. Slowly add hot milk mixture to egg-yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until foam subsides and mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl set in an ice bath. Let cool while cooking peaches.
- In a medium skillet, heat peaches and 2 tablespoons water over medium-high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until peaches are softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Carefully transfer peaches and any accumulated juices to a blender and puree until smooth. You should have about 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir peach puree, lemon juice, and vanilla into cooled custard. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately, or transfer to a loaf pan and freeze, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 week. Let soften at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Replacing vanilla with strawberry reinvents the ice-cream sandwich. Our recipe yields the requisite dense, fudgy chocolate wafer; use heart-shaped cookie cutters, and pierce the dough with a fork for a nostalgic look. Soften ice cream; fill each pair of cookies with a generous layer. Serve immediately, or keep in the freezer for as long as you can resist them.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 24
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt, and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, vanilla, and sugar. Add eggs and milk, and mix until combined. Add reserved flour mixture, and mix on low speed until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl at least once. Divide the dough in half, and shape each half into a flat disk. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough out on a floured surface, sliding an offset spatula under the dough to release it every few turns of the rolling pin. Roll dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough using a variety of heart-shape cookie cutters 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter, making sure each cookie has a match to make a sandwich. Place hearts on a parchment-lined baking sheet; chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator; use a fork to prick the cookies all over with holes. Bake until just firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet; transfer to a wire rack.
- With the underside of half the cookies face up, spoon softened strawberry ice cream about 1/2 inch thick to cover one side. Place matching cookie on top of ice cream, top side facing out. Transfer immediately to freezer to harden; repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. Serve directly from the freezer. Sandwiches can be kept stored in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 to 4 days.
More about "marthas strawberry ice cream recipes"
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | WHITE MOUNTAIN - MASTERCOOK
MARTHA'S ICE CREAM CALENDAR - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
20 ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM RECIPES
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
WHITE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE | WE ARE NOT MARTHA
ICE CREAM RECIPES | WAITROSE & PARTNERS
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - GEMMA'S BIGGER BOLDER …
MARTHA'S ICE CREAM LAKE GEORGE NY HOME PAGE
FREEING MY MARTHA: PHILADELPHIA STYLE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
THE BEST STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
ICE CREAM, SORBET, SHERBET, AND GELATO RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - RECIPES | BLUE JEAN CHEF
SIMPLY PERFECT STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
STRAWBERRY CONDENSED MILK ICE CREAM - HOME COOKING ADVENTURE
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM – FOODIE TRAIL
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM (NO CHURN) | RECIPETIN EATS
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - THE PIONEER WOMAN
WANT SOME DELICIOUS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM WITHOUT THE HASSLE? TRY …
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPE
THE BEST STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE (CREAMY AND RICH!) - DINNER, THEN …
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - A LATTE FOOD
HOMEMADE FRESH STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM | EGG-FREE RECIPE
KITCHENAID STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - FOREVER NOMDAY
FRESH STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM | RECIPES | PBS FOOD
FRESH STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
CREAMY STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE - ASHLEE MARIE
45 STRAWBERRY RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH BERRIES | SOUTHERN LIVING
NINJA CREAMI STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM - THE TASTY TRAVELERS™
BEST STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
MARTHA STEWART’S 3-INGREDIENT, NO-CHURN, VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE
MARTHA STEWART’S PEACH SUMMER ICE CREAM ONLY HAS TWO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make homemade strawberry ice cream?Directions. Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Mash 4 cups sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar and let stand 10 minutes. Add to ice cream as it churns in ice cream maker. Transfer ice cream to a resealable plastic container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours (or up to 3 months).
How long does it take to make a strawberry frosting?With just 20 minutes of prep, create this frosty treat using just five ingredients—egg yolks, sugar, skim milk, heavy cream, and sliced strawberries. In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and salt until blended.
What is the best homemade ice cream recipe?20 Absolutely Delicious Homemade Ice Cream Recipes. 1 Martha's Strawberry Ice Cream. Credit: Marcus Nilsson. View Recipe. Two ingredients make each scoop of this homemade ice cream extra special: whole ... 2 Banana-Caramel Ice Cream. 3 Pumpkin Ice Cream. 4 Vegan Avocado Ice Cream. 5 No-Churn Mint-Chip Ice Cream. More items
How do you make whipped cream with berries?When the ice cream is the consistency of whipped cream, stir in the berries. Transfer to a shallow quart container, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze in the refrigerator's freezer for at least 3 hours until ready to serve. Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping.