MEATBALLS IN BEEF GRAVY
For the best flavor I recommended to brown the meatballs in the skillet, the browned bits in the skillet will add flavor to the gravy, I have listed the yield for 4 please be aware that it is for four smaller size portions if you like lots of gravy then you may want to double the recipe ---prep time does not include preparing the meatballs --- serve with mashed potatoes
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Mix all meatball ingredients in a bowl using clean hands.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat (use a skillet with high sides to hold in the gravy and meatballs or use a saucepan) add in the meatballs in two batches and brown until almost cooked through turning frequently for even browning (about 10 minutes) remove to a plate.
- You may drain some fat from the skillet but leave in about 3 tablespoons.
- Add in onion and saute until softened (about 3-4 minutes) scraping any browned bits that have accumulated on the bottom of the skillet while cooking.
- Add in mushrooms cook stirring until softened.
- Add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in beef broth; bring to a boil stirring/whisking constantly until smooth, bubbly and thickened.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and black pepper; bring back to a simmer stirring (if using add in the beef bouillon powder, start with 3 tablespoons ketchup you may add in more if desired).
- Add in cooked meatballs and simmer uncovered for about 20-25 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt to taste if desired.
- At the end of cooking stir in 1/4 cup sour cream until combined and heated through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534.4, Fat 34.9, SaturatedFat 13.7, Cholesterol 154.1, Sodium 495.5, Carbohydrate 23.7, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 5.4, Protein 31.5
MEATBALLS & GRAVY
This is such a delicious and comforting meal. It is really very easy and I recommend making the meatballs rather than using frozen ones. I like to serve buttered noodles as a side or over mashed potatoes! Recipe is from Family Circle.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 350 degrees; place a rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic salt, 1/2 t Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- Form into 40 meatballs, about 1 level tablespoon each.
- Place on prepared rack over baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture, stir and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in beef broth until flour is completely incorporated into the liquid.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 t Italian seasoning, 1/4 t pepper and the nutmeg.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add meatballs to the skillet and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with buttered egg noodles, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.7, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 146.1, Sodium 975, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 35
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY
"CHRISTMAS was the time when our family forgot about the food budget and splurged on one special meal. I can still see Grandmother making dozens of these little meatballs! The hint of spices gives them a savory taste that makes them authentically Norwegian."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk, cornstarch, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg, allspice and ginger. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. meatballs. (Mixture will be very soft. For easier shaping, rinse hands in cold water frequently.) , In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the meatballs in butter, half at a time, for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove meatballs to paper towels to drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. , For gravy, add butter to drippings. Stir in flour. Add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Return meatballs to skillet; heat through on low. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
GRANDMA'S SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND GRAVY
This Swedish meatballs recipe has been passed down from a Swedish grandmother to her beautiful granddaughter. They are the best Swedish meatballs I've ever tasted! Even better than Ikea®! Easy to make, full of flavor, swimming in the most amazing creamy gravy sauce!
Provided by JACANA
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Mix milk, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cream, egg, garlic, salt, black pepper, white pepper, and allspice together in a large bowl. Set aside to soak until bread crumbs have absorbed the milk, at least 10 minutes.
- Mix in beef, pork, onion, and parsley, using your hands to mix until well combined. Roll into about 24 small meatballs or 16 larger meatballs.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry meatballs in small batches until cooked through and browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil.
- Add butter for gravy sauce to the pan juices. Melt over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook and whisk until flour dissolves and turns brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth, beef broth, cream, soy sauce, and Dijon. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine all of the flavors together. Continue to simmer until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the gravy. Toss gently to coat and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446.6 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 148.5 mg, Fat 37.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 19.2 g, Sodium 492.9 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
TASTY SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND GRAVY
Learn how to make mouthwatering meatballs with lashings of gorgeous gravy just like the Swedes do. An inspired Swedish meatball recipe by What Dad Cooked.
Provided by What Dad Cooked
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 50
- Start with the gravy. Chop the vegetables finely. Fry in a pan with light olive oil and butter. Add a pinch of salt and cook on a low heat for about half an hour - we're looking for the sweet caramel flavours that emerge from a slow sauté of onion. Add the allspice and stir, then add the stock and cook on a rolling simmer for 20minutes, let it reduce by a third. Add the lingonberry or redcurrant and stir. Decide whether to keep the vegetables in the sauce or to strain. Then finish the gravy, add the cream, stir and bring back to a simmer. Season with salt to taste, add plenty of pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Optional flavourings. Add the thyme, mushrooms, vinegar and wine to the vegetables when they have cooked. Keep the heat high and reduce until almost evaporated. Then add the stock as above.
- Make the meatballs. Chop an onion as fine as possible. Add to a pan with the butter and oil. Sweat gently for about 10-15 minutes until soft and transparent.
- Combine the cream with the breadcrumbs to form a consistency like stiff porridge. Add the meat to a large bowl, whisk an egg and add it with the breadcrumbs to the meat. Season with allspice and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and form into walnut size balls. Put on a plate. Ideally these should rest in the fridge. (Meat patty mixtures are more complicated than imagined - getting the consistency right is tricky. In particular mixtures that are too wet and loose can be a nightmare. Breadcrumbs can be added to help absorb moisture. Resting in the fridge will also help firm up the meatballs.)
- Coat each meatball in flour. Heat a large frying pan, add butter and light oil and fry the meatballs in batches. Aim for a good all round colouring. If the pan is getting too clogged with burning flour, clean the pan between batches. Use fresh butter and oil if necessary.
- When the meatballs have cooked add to a clean pan with the sauce and heat gently for 10 minutes, allowing the flavours to blend and the sauce to thicken (from the flour on the meatballs).
- Serve with boiled potatoes - and lingonberries! Some chopped parsley provides a final flourish. You can serve with pasta or rice instead of potatoes.
More about "meat balls and gravy recipes"
THE BEST SWEDISH MEATBALLS IN BROWN GRAVY RECIPE | LITTLE ...
5/5 (138)Category 30 Minute MealsServings 5Total Time 50 mins
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the onions and allow them to soften and become translucent about 3-5 minutes. Remove to a medium bowl and allow them to cool.
- In a small bowl, pour the milk over the bread and press down with a spoon or your fingers so that the bread soaks up all the milk, let sit 5 minutes.
- When the onions have cooled, add the ground beef, bread mixture, an egg, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and allspice to the bowl and mix until just combined. Don't overmix the meat as it will result in tough meatballs. Shape into 18-22 meatballs that are about 1- 1 ¼ inch in diameter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter along with oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 6-9 minutes, turn every couple of minutes to ensure even browning. Remove to a plate. If you don't have a skillet large enough to hold all the meatballs, do it in batches, do not overcrowd the pan, you don't want them to steam as they won't develop that brown outer crust and as a result, the sauce will be very light in color.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY (SALISBURY STEAK MEATBALLS) - SAVORY ...
5/5 (1)Calories 272 per servingCategory Main Course
- Shape meatballs: Add all ingredients for the meatballs (EXCEPT for the oil) to a large bowl. Mix well, then shape into firm meatballs (I use about 2 teaspoons of mixture per meatball).
- Brown meatballs: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then brown the meatballs in batches on all sides. Be very careful when flipping them - slide a spatula underneath to keep them from breaking up. Set browned meatballs aside on a plate.
- Make the gravy: Lower heat to medium. Add butter to the skillet and melt, then add sliced onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, until very softened and golden brown. Stir in the flour, then stir in the beef broth until smooth.
- Simmer gravy: Simmer gravy until thickened, then carefully add the meatballs and finish simmering until meatballs are done in the middle. Serve over mashed potatoes.
EASIEST EVER MEATBALLS AND GRAVY OVER RICE - THE WEARY CHEF
4.1/5 (17)Total Time 20 minsCategory MainCalories 442 per serving See details »
10 BEST MEATBALLS GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
THE BEST SWEDISH MEATBALLS AND GRAVY
4.2/5 (14)Calories 906 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, knead together ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolks, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you'll want to make the egg noodles, or white rice to go with the dish, whichever you prefer to serve the meatballs and gravy over.
- Make the gravy by melting butter in a large saucepan. Once butter is melted, stir in flour, nutmeg, and allspice until it forms a paste. Pour in beef broth and 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce and heat over medium-high heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in sour cream.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY DINNER - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
Servings 6Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- When the meatballs are cooked through, add them to the gravy and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
RECIPE FOR MEATBALLS AND BROWN GRAVY - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ...
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Using a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the meatball mixture out of the bowl and round the meat into uniform sized meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown the meatballs in batches for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set aside on a plate until all the meatballs have been browned.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY WITH ONIONS + WONKYWONDERFUL
4.5/5 (74)Category DinnerServings 15Total Time 30 mins
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, worcestershire sauce, seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix until just combined, do not over-mix. Roll into 15 meatballs.
- Drizzle oil into a large pan (preferably a pan with high sides) over medium/high heat. Place meatballs into pan ensuring not to overcrowd. Brown all sides and transfer to a plate, set aside.
- Add sliced Vidalia Onions to the pan with remaining meatball grease. Saute 5-10 minutes or until onions are tender.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY - THE COZY COOK
Ratings 34Calories 307 per servingCategory Main Course
- Set olive oil aside and Gently mix remaining meatball ingredients in a large bowl until just combined, don’t overmix or the meat will become tough.
- Add the chicken broth, beef broth, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and heat for about 10 minutes to allow the meatballs to finish cooking through. Garnish with parsley and serve over mashed potatoes.
INSTANT POT MEATBALLS AND GRAVY | THE INSTANT POT TABLE
Reviews 1Servings 2Cuisine Family MealTotal Time 16 mins
- Place lid on the pot. Set the valve to the sealed position. Press pressure cook or manual button and set time to 6 minutes.
- Once the instant pot stops counting quickly release the pressure via the valve. Remove all the meatballs and vegetables to a bowl. Remove steamer basket. Remove insert and drain liquid. Replace insert back into the instant pot.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY OVER RICE - AN EASY RECIPE FOR THE ...
4.5/5 (22)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Main Course
- Cook meatballs for 5-10 minutes, making sure they aren't sticking by moving them around in the skillet, but not turning them over quite yet.
BEEF MEATBALLS IN MUSHROOM GRAVY ~SWEET & SAVORY
4.8/5 (14)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4
- In a large bowl, mix together Panko, beef, garlic, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. With clean hands, mix the beef mixture until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, shape the meatballs and arrange them on 2 baking sheets, lined with parchment paper. (I usually get about 125 1-inch meatballs.)
- Place the meatballs in freezer until completely frozen. Then divide into four 1-lb portions and place in freeze bags, or vacuum seal for longer storage.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY - PINCH OF NOM
4.2/5 (18)Category DinnerCuisine BritishTotal Time 50 mins
- Remove the meatballs from the pan, return the pan to the heat and spray with a bit more low calorie cooking spray.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MEATBALLS: 13 ... - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
4.7/5 (28)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Side DishesPublished 2020-01-14
- Mashed Potatoes. Mashed potatoes make a classic pairing with meatballs. To make things more interesting, add some roast garlic to the potatoes. That distinct garlic flavor together with the soft, buttery, creamy, and cheesy components of the dish makes a wonderful combination.
- Red Roasted Potatoes. Potatoes make such a fantastic side dish because they are starchy and filling. Aside from making mashed potatoes, another great way to cook them is by roasting them.
- Rice. You’d be surprised how a simple bowl of steamed white rice pairs perfectly with your meatballs. Especially meatballs with a creamy or savory sauce.
- Egg Noodles. I know meatballs are usually served over spaghetti. But why not shake things up a bit! Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
- Udon. Udon is a Japanese noodle made with wheat flour. Give it a nice Thai flair by tossing it in peanut butter sauce – what a wonderful fusion of Asian flavors.
- Meatball Sub. In a world where we’ve turned almost everything into a sandwich, this is probably one of my favorites. Juicy meatballs covered in cheese and marinara sauce.
- Corn On The Cob. Not just any regular corn on the cob, though. Slather your corn with butter and season them with various spices, then into the grill they go.
- Ratatouille. If you’re craving some veggies, this is the dish for you. This stewed vegetable dish combines zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, bell pepper, and mascarpone cheese.
- Green Beans. Green beans are a classic dish in Chinese cuisine, so Asian-inspired meatballs, such as sweet and sour meatballs, are perfect with them. This healthy and crunchy veggie is very easy to prepare, perfect for any busy day.
- Asparagus. Speaking of long, thin, green veggies, asparagus also works well with meatballs: Swedish meatballs, that is. Swedish meatballs are rich and creamy, and that sauce combined with the crunchy veggie works wonders.
MEATBALLS IN GRAVY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory Main CourseServings 4
- Place the beef and pork mince in a large bowl and add the onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and dried herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well with clean hands.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the meatballs for 6–8 minutes, or until nicely browned on all sides. Roll the meatballs around in the pan as they brown to prevent them from becoming flattened on one side.
- To make the gravy, heat the sunflower oil in the frying pan and gently fry the onion over a low heat for five minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir well. Slowly add the red wine, stock and tomato purée, stirring constantly.
- Pour the gravy over the meatballs and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer gently over a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat. Boil the gravy for another 3–5 minutes or until thickened. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
MEATBALLS AND GRAVY - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 minsCategory Beef, Dinner, Main DishCalories 326 per serving See details »
FAMILY MEATBALLS WITH BROWN GRAVY RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
CHICKEN GRAVY AND MEATBALLS WITH MULTIGRAIN SPAGHETTI RECIPES
See details »
52 BEST MEATBALLS AND GRAVY IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES ...
See details »
HOMEMADE GRAVY AND MEATBALLS - YOUTUBE
See details »
MY VERY OWN TURKEY MEATBALLS AND GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
EASIEST MEATBALLS AND GRAVY - YOUTUBE
See details »
10 BEST MEATBALL GRAVY SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
EASY SKILLET MEATBALLS AND GRAVY RECIPES
See details »
IKEA SHARES ITS FAMOUS SWEDISH MEATBALL AND GRAVY RECIPE
See details »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #european #italian #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #veal #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love