FLANK STEAK PINWHEELS
The combination of the marinade, spinach, onion and feta make this a delicious and impressive flank steak recipe that is always a huge hit for guests! Easy to prepare (but it doesn't look like it is), great tasting and pretty to look at too!
Provided by Linda
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large resealable bag, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper. Squeeze the bag to blend well. Pierce the flank steak with a knife, making small slits about 1 inch apart. Place the steak into the bag, and seal. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Crush the remaining clove of garlic on a cutting board with a large chef's knife. Sprinkle the salt over the garlic, and scrape with the flat side of the knife to make a paste.
- Remove the steak from the bag, and discard marinade. Spread the garlic paste over the top side of the steak. Place layers of chopped onion, bread crumbs, spinach, and cheese over the garlic. Roll the steak up lengthwise, and secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks. Place the roll in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the roll is at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees F) in the center. Let stand for 5 minutes to set, then slice into 1 inch slices to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.6 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 46.8 mg, Fat 20.2 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 17.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 1099.2 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
This is actually a recipe from my high school cafeteria. Everyone bought lunch on meat pinwheel day! My husband had worked with one of the cooks daughters a few years back and asked her for the recipe.
Provided by mandagirl
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook meat with onion and celery.
- If using hamburg, drain grease well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and a small amount of the gravy. (just enough to moisten.).
- While meat mixture is cooling, mix Bisquick and milk.
- Form a ball and roll out into a 8 X 12 rectangle.
- Spread cooled meat mixture over rectangle and roll up, jelly roll style, rolling from the 12" side.
- Seal edge.
- Cut into 1" pieces and place, flat side up, on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, peas and the rest of the gravy.
- *An easy way to cut the pinwheel into rolls is with a thin string or dental floss. Wrap string aroung the roll and pull across to slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 686.5, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 33.4, Sodium 6092.2, Carbohydrate 95.9, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 5.3, Protein 24.4
PINWHEELS 3 WAYS
- For the base spread and tortillas: Mix together the cream cheese and pesto until well combined. Lay out the spinach, whole wheat and jalapeno-Cheddar tortillas and divide the cream cheese mixture among them. Using a spoon or offset spatula, spread the mixture all the way to the edges of each tortilla.
- For the veggie pinwheels: Evenly distribute the spinach over the top of the base spread on the spinach tortillas. Arrange the artichokes, green olives and sun-dried tomatoes over the spinach. Roll up the tortillas tightly and individually wrap in plastic. Set aside.
- For the meaty pinwheels: Shingle the cheese, pepperoni, salami and capicola onto the base spread on the whole wheat tortillas, slightly favoring one side. Roll up the tortillas tightly and individually wrap in plastic. Set aside.
- For the spicy pinwheels: Divide the pepper jack between the jalapeno-Cheddar tortillas topped with the base spread. Divide the arugula, sliced peppers and chopped cherry peppers between the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas tightly and individually wrap in plastic. Refrigerate the rolled tortillas for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Unwrap and slice each tortilla into 1-inch segments/pinwheels. Arrange on a platter and serve.
FESTIVE MEAT LOAF PINWHEEL
Most people wouldn't think of serving meat loaf for a holiday gathering, but think again! It's wonderful for a crowd because its hearty, zesty flavor appeals to all. -Vera Sullivan, Amity, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 28
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 17x15-in. rectangle. Cover with ham and cheese slices to within 1/2 in. of edges. , Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place seam side down in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer reads 160°, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours., In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, sugar, salt and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf. , Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Drain meat loaf. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319 calories, Fat 17g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 124mg cholesterol, Sodium 732mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
LINDA'S CRAB PINWHEELS
- Mix crab, cream cheese, sour cream, onions, peppers and cheese.
- Spread evenly over tortillas out to the edges and roll up.
- Place in ziploc bags and cool for two hours.
- Cut and serve.
More about "meat pinwheels recipes"
MEAT PINWHEELS WITH GROUND BEEF, GARLIC & CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large bowl, mix meat, garlic, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley, using a bamboo spatula
MINCED BEEF PINWHEELS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST MEAT PINWHEELS RECIPES | YUMMLY
25 EASY PARTY PINWHEEL RECIPES - BREAD BOOZE BACON
TORTILLA PINWHEEL RECIPES | IRRESISTIBLE CREAM CHEESE ROLL …
23 PINWHEEL SANDWICH RECIPES - THIS FARM GIRL COOKS
HAM AND CHEESE PINWHEELS RECIPE - CENTERCUTCOOK
17 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
EASY SANDWICH PINWHEELS | LOADS OF GREAT WAYS TO …
MY FAVORITE PINWHEEL RECIPES: DELICIOUS AND EASY PARTY …
9 AWESOME KETO PINWHEEL RECIPES WHEN YOU NEED NEW …
MEAT POUTINE PINWHEELS | METRO
MEAT PINWHEELS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
25 PINWHEEL APPETIZERS PERFECT TO FEED A CROWD - CHANNYGANS
EASY PINWHEEL RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
CRESCENT ROLL PINWHEELS USING DELI MEAT - CATHERINE'S PLATES
LUNCHEON MEAT PINWHEELS RECIPE – HEREFORD FOODS
TACO PINWHEEL RECIPE - SIMPLE JOY
21 EASY PINWHEEL SANDWICHES RECIPES FOR LUNCH OR PARTY APPETIZERS
40 PARTY PINWHEELS FOR THE PERFECT ROLL UP APPETIZERS
PINWHEEL RECIPES THAT ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY
18 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT SNACK ATTACK
17 EASY PINWHEEL RECIPES (QUICK & DELICIOUS)
ITALIAN PINWHEELS » MOTHER THYME
23 DRIED BEEF PINWHEELS RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST LUNCH MEAT PINWHEELS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK PINWHEEL STEAKS? - BUTTERYPAN
THE BEST PINWHEEL RECIPES - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
TACO MEAT PARTY PINWHEELS - CHEF ALLI
THE 30 BEST PINWHEEL RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
PINWHEEL SANDWICHES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - APPETIZERS
MINCEMEAT PINWHEELS | EVERYDAY COOKS
BEST MINCEMEAT PINWHEELS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
4-MEATS ITALIAN PINWHEELS | FOODTALK
20 BEST TORTILLA PINWHEEL RECIPES | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
14 PINWHEEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PINWHEELS WITH MEAT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY HAMBURGER PINWHEELS - KITCHEN DIVAS
ITALIAN ANTIPASTO PINWHEELS - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
THE BEST FLANK STEAK PINWHEELS - COLD WEATHER COMFORT
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #beef #easy #kid-friendly #dietary #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Are meat pinwheels easy to make?Plus these meat pinwheels are so savory, satisfying and filling, you won’t find yourself over eating. These mincemeat pinwheels only take a handful of ingredients and are so super easy to make, even beginners will manage to make these successfully! My family really enjoyed these meat pinwheels and I’m pretty sure yours will do too!
How do you make a pinwheel?To make a pinwheel, you simply spread filling on a flour tortilla, roll it up, and slice it. All of these pinwheel recipes are pretty simple, and not surprisingly, quite popular with readers of the blog.
What can you make with keto pinwheels?Make Keto Pinwheels with your favorite lunch meats, cream cheese, and pickles. Use the lunch meats as your “tortilla” and you won’t even miss the carbs!
What do you put on a ham and cheese pinwheel?With layers of cream cheese and sweet pineapple topped with flavorful ham and rolled up into the perfect bite sized appetizer or lunch, the sweet and salty combination makes these an easy favorite you can whip up in no time flat! These Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are hands down one of our favorite pinwheel recipes ever.