- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, beans, beer, chili powder and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 992mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 14g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
MEATY THREE-BEAN CHILI
Meet the Cook: Doubling this recipe is automatic for me - just about everyone wants more than one bowl! If any's left, I freeze it. It's also great the second time around. -Sandra Miller, Lees Summit, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a 4-qt. kettle or Dutch oven, cook the sausage and beef over medium heat, until the meat is no longer pink; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set meat aside. , Saute onion, peppers and garlic in the reserved drippings for 3 minutes. Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. , Add tomatoes, bacon and browned sausage and beef; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. , Add all of the beans. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Garnish with chopped onion if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 644mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
3 MEAT, 3 BEAN, 3 CHILI CHILI
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot and sear the chuck roast until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pot. Add the ground beef and chorizo and cook until browned, 7 to 8 minutes; drain off excess fat if necessary. Add the garlic, onion and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes, then return the chuck roast back to the pot with the beer, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Using scissors, snip the guajillo chiles into small strips. Add to the pot and bring to a boil. Mix in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves and 2 tablespoons salt. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves. Add the beans to the pot. Combine the masa and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl, then stir the mixture into the pot. Continue to simmer until the chili thickens slightly, an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with fixins: diced tomatoes, cubed avocado, grated Cheddar, sour cream, lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
THREE BEAN AND BEEF CHILI
Cook a comforting pot of Ellie Krieger's hearty Three Bean and Beef Chili recipe from Food Network, featuring black, kidney and pinto beans.
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 10 cups (serves 8, serving size 1 1/4 cup)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and carrots, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the ground beef; raise the heat to high and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, water, chipotle and adobo sauce, oregano and salt and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, stirring from time to time, for 30 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook, partially covered, 20 minutes longer. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295 calorie, Fat 8 grams, SaturatedFat 2.5 grams, Cholesterol 37 milligrams, Sodium 512 milligrams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fiber 10 grams, Protein 22 grams, Sugar 8 grams
THREE-BEAN VEGETARIAN CHILI
- Heat oil in a heavy 6-quart pot over medium heat. Cook onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic, and salt, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, tomatoes, and water and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Drain beans, reserving liquid, and rinse under cold water. Add beans and 3/4 cup reserved liquid to chili and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Top each serving with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro (if using).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.4 calories, Carbohydrate 55.7 g, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 17.2 g, Protein 15.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 1060 mg, Sugar 8.2 g
MEATLESS THREE BEAN CHILI
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, all of the beans, water, cumin, cilantro, cayenne, oregano, sugar, and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with any, all or none of the optional garnishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481.4, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 432.7, Carbohydrate 87.6, Fiber 27.6, Sugar 10.6, Protein 27.7
GRANDPA RON'S AWESOME THREE-BEAN CHILI
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned and crumbly, 10 to 15 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix beer, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, red beans, kidney beans, 2 chopped onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, brown sugar, garlic, chili seasoning mix, cornstarch, and mustard into ground beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer, stirring frequently, until flavors have blended, about 1 hour.
- Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons onion, and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.8 calories, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Cholesterol 61.3 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 6.3 g, Protein 22.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 1060.4 mg, Sugar 12.9 g
BEST EVER THREE BEAN CHILI
I made this recipe based off of another one I found and took it to a potluck. Everyone loved it. It was even better two days later!
Provided by Nurse Amanda
Categories Black Beans
Yield 25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add cumin and chili powder to pan to toast.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.6, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 49.4, Sodium 536, Carbohydrate 28.4, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 5, Protein 20.9
THREE BEAN CHILI
- Brown ground beef in heavy dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add chili powder while browning and mix in well.
- Add onion and green pepper to meat and brown for 2 minutes.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.9, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 73.7, Sodium 697.7, Carbohydrate 82.9, Fiber 27.9, Sugar 5.4, Protein 51.6
More about "meaty three bean chili recipes"
THREE-BEAN CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (28)Calories 180 per servingServings 6
3 BEAN CHILI RECIPE - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
KILLER BEEF AND THREE BEAN CHILI | FOODIECRUSH.COM
DINNER-READY MEATY AND FLAVOURFUL 3-BEAN CHILI | SMART TIPS
3 MEAT, 3 BEAN CHILI - BIGOVEN
THREE BEAN CHILI RECIPE (NO MEAT) – CHILI COOKING
HEARTY 3 BEAN CHILI RECIPE (SO GOOD!!) - COOKING CHEW
MEATY THREE-BEAN CHILI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
MEATY THREE-BEAN CHILI WITH SAUSAGE AND BEEF RECIPE - TODAY.COM
3 MEAT, 3 BEAN, 3 CHILI CHILI RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
MEATY THREE-BEAN CHILI - CRECIPE.COM
THREE BEAN IMPOSSIBLE™ CHILI RECIPE | IMPOSSIBLE FOODS
THREE BEAN CHILI RECIPE - FAMOUS CHILI RECIPES
IMPOSSIBLE™ THREE BEAN CHILI FOR SLOW COOKER RECIPE
QUICK THREE-BEAN CHILI RECIPE - MELISSA RUBEL JACOBSON - FOOD
CALIFORNIA THREE BEAN CHILI | MCCORMICK
MEATY THREE BEAN CHILI RECIPE
THREE BEAN AND BEEF CHILI (ELLIE KRIEGER) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
3 MEAT, 3 BEAN, 3 CHILI CHILI RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND - MASTERCOOK
BEEF AND THREE-BEAN CHILI - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
MY FAMOUS THREE BEAN VEGETARIAN CHILI - A FOODIE STAYS FIT
EASY THREE BEAN CHILI RECIPE - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
THREE-BEAN CHILI RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY THREE BEAN CHILI RECIPE - SUGAR MAPLE FARMHOUSE
3 BEAN CHILI WITH MEAT RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER 3-BEAN CHILI WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MEATY THREE-BEAN CHILI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
VEGETARIAN 3 BEAN CHILI RECIPE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
VEGETARIAN THREE BEAN CHILI - COOK IT REAL GOOD
MEATY THREE BEAN CHILI BEST RECIPES
MEATY 4 BEAN CHILI RECIPE | FARMGIRL GOURMET
DINNER: A LOVE STORY CLASSIC THREE-BEAN CHILI
THREE BEAN CHILI A SIMPLE, FROM SCRATCH CHILI RECIPE - AN AFFAIR …
3 MEAT 3 BEAN CHILI | THE BEST SLOW COOKER CHILI RECIPE!
THREE MEAT THREE BEAN CHILI - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SERIOUS THREE-MEAT CHILI | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
THREE BEAN CHILI RECIPE FOR A COLD DAY LUNCH - HOME CHEF WORLD
ZESTY 3 BEAN CHILI | MCCORMICK
THREE BEAN CHILI (MEATLESS CHILI RECIPE) - GIRL HEART FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a 3 meat chili?Serious Three-Meat Chili. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil. Add bacon and stir until crisp. Remove bacon to a plate and drain excess fat from pan, if necessary. Add beef to the pot and cook over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
Is there a meatless three bean chili?This meatless three bean chili is rich in flavour from lots of chili powder, cumin and coriander and has a hit of smoky spice from chipotle peppers. It's super hearty and will warm ya right up on a cold day!
How to cook chili beans in a Dutch oven?Instructions In a 5-6 quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir to combine. Add bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add cans of tomatoes and chipotle. Add beans, stirring to combine, and cook an additional 10 minutes, covered.
How do you make chili with chili powder and tomatoes?Sprinkle beef with chili powder. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef and onion in batches. Meanwhile, in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, jalapenos, brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir in beef, onion and drippings.