GREEK MEATBALL PASTA
- Combine all the meatball ingredients except the olive oil in a large bowl. Form the mixture into small meatballs, just smaller than a golf ball.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add half of the meatballs and sauté for 3-4 minutes, turning every so often to brown the outside and then continue cooking through for about 6 minutes more. Once the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the oil and repeat the process with the remaining meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat the 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes and saute until they start to fall apart. Add the chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and combine all the pieces into a summer greek meatball pasta and garnish with herbs and feta.
- For the sauce: Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil, onion and garlic and sweat down until onion starts to give up some liquid, about 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine, then reduce by half. Add tomatoes, parsley, mint, oregano, chile flakes and bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Let simmer about 20 minutes.
- For the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the almonds, parsley, raisins, mint, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chile flakes in a food processor. Pulse until fine. Transfer to a large bowl and add the oil and egg and mix well. Add beef and rice and blend. Portion into golf ball-sized meatballs and put on a sheet pan. Roast until done, 12 to 15 minutes. Pour sauce over meatballs and serve.
MEDITERRANEAN KOFTA MEATBALLS
For a new take on meatballs, try this quick kofta recipe to make flavorful Mediterranean meatballs full of spices and herbs. Shape meat mixture around soaked wooden skewers and grill them for a more authentic twist. -Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place onion, parsley, mint, oregano and garlic in bowl of food processor. Pulse until minced. In large bowl, combine herb mixture, lemon pepper, salt, paprika and cumin. Add lamb; mix lightly but thoroughly. With wet hands, shape into 16 balls. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown meatballs in batches; drain. Remove and keep warm. Serve meatballs over cooked couscous. Top with yogurt, tomato wedges, and red onion. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 24g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 482mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
LAMB MEATBALLS AND SAUCE
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; oil lightly.
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl. Soak bread crumbs until milk is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Combine bread crumb mixture, lamb, egg, garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, rosemary, cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Form lamb mixture into 2-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook meatballs in the preheated oven until they are slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine meatballs, tomato sauce, chicken stock, fresh mint, and red pepper flakes in a large sauce pan over medium heat until meatballs are no longer pink inside, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610.3 calories, Carbohydrate 24.4 g, Cholesterol 153.8 mg, Fat 43.5 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.4 g, Sodium 2322.9 mg, Sugar 10.5 g
LAMB MEATBALLS AND ORZO
A Mediterranean-inspired dish. I serve it with a Greek salad and crusty bread. Yummy!! 1 hour chill time.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg.
- Add in the ground lamb, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, milk, dill, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape lamb mixture into 1-inch balls; place balls on a large baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake in a 400° oven for about 10 minutes or until browned.
- Take out of oven and set aside.
- Bring to chicken stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Add in the orzo; stir to combine.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Transfer orzo mixture into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray; spread mixture out evenly.
- Place meatballs on top.
- Decrease oven temp to 350° and bake, covered, for 40-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.4, Fat 31, SaturatedFat 12.9, Cholesterol 140.9, Sodium 634.3, Carbohydrate 47.8, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4, Protein 31
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB BALLS
When we opened the Shop, these Mediterranean balls were our first daily special. We were so busy that we didn't get a chance to change it for three weeks, but nobody really complained because they were so delicious. People still get excited when we bring them back for a day or two. The raisins and walnuts give this ball a subtly sweet and earthy quality that complements the lamb. Make these into mini balls and pass them around at your next party. Just add toothpicks and Spinach-Basil Pesto (page 58) for dip. No sauce required. Or serve them over a bed of Braised Kale with Anchovies and Garlic (page 93) or Creamed Spinach (page 100).
Yield Makes about 2 dozen 1 1/2-inch balls
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Drizzle the olive oil into a 9 × 13-inch baking dish and use your hand to evenly coat the entire surface. Set aside.
- Combine the ground lamb, eggs, raisins, walnuts, parsley, mint, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into round, golf ball-size meatballs (about 1 1/2 inches), making sure to pack the meat firmly. Place the balls in the prepared baking dish, being careful to line them up snugly and in even rows vertically and horizontally to form a grid. The meatballs should be touching one another.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. A meat thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball should read 165°F.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish before serving.
More about "mediterranean pasta with lamb meatballs recipes"
BEST MOROCCAN MEATBALLS (VIDEO) - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB AND BISON MEATBALLS - BIGOVEN.COM
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS MEAL PREP BOWLS - PLAYS WELL WITH …
MOROCCAN STYLE LAMB MEATBALLS - TASTEABROAD RECIPE WITH PICTURES
SEARCH FOR RECIPES ADVANCED SEARCH
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH MEDITERRANEAN DIPS - SUPERIOR FARMS
LAMB MEATBALLS (WITH YOGURT-TAHINI SAUCE) | KITCHN
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA WITH LAMB MEATBALLS – RECIPES NETWORK
MEDITERRANEAN MEATBALLS | LAMB MEATBALLS | EAT THE LOVE
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS » EMILY KYLE NUTRITION
SPAGHETTI WITH LAMB MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA WITH LAMB MEATBALLS RECIPE RECIPE
MEDITERRANEAN — RECIPES | AMERICAN LAMB
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS - LA CIGALE
MEDITERRANEAN MEATBALLS AND HERB PASTA - WHAT’S GABY COOKING
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE LAMB MEATBALLS | BASICS
MEDITERRANEAN SHEET PAN MEATBALLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA WITH LAMB MEATBALLS RECIPE
LAMB MEATBALLS (MEDITERRANEAN STYLE) TAKE TWO TAPAS
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
ONE POT MEDITERRANEAN GROUND LAMB PASTA RECIPE
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS (WHOLE30) - COOK AT HOME MOM
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS – LOVE CHEF LAURA
BEST LAMB MEATBALLS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LAMB MEATBALLS
LAMB MEATBALLS WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA WITH LAMB MEATBALLS
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS & FARRO
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS - THE SENSUAL PALATE
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS | RECIPETIN EATS
BAKED LAMB MEATBALLS WITH PASTA RECIPE - MINDFOOD
GREEK LAMB MEATBALLS AND RICE - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
BAKED LAMB MEATBALLS WITH PASTA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS & FARRO RECIPE | SIDECHEF
LAMB MEATBALLS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MEDITERRANEAN LAMB MEATBALLS WITH YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE
MOROCCAN LAMB MEATBALLS (IN A SWEET TOMATO SAUCE) - BOWL OF …
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA WITH LAMB MEATBALLS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lamb meatballs with pasta?Baked Lamb Meatballs with Pasta recipe Method: Preheat oven to 180°C. Place lamb in a large bowl, mix in garlic and onion and season to taste. Take spoonfuls of the mince and mould into meatballs. Roll meatballs in a little flour. Place in a deep baking dish and drizzle over olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes until browned. Add tomatoes, oregano,...
How to cook meatballs in spaghetti sauce?Make the sauce. 1 Add onions, garlic, spice, chilies, and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. 2 Add water. 3 Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. 4 Return meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 30 minutes. 5 Toast bread to your liking. 6 Assemble meatball sliders using the Greek yogurt as a topping if you like.
What are Spanish lamb meatballs made of?Certainly more-ish, these Spanish lamb meatballs are made with lots of spices and served with crunchy patatas bravas. Read more about sharing. For the meatballs, put all the ingredients into a large bowl, season with a generous amount of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with your hands.
Are meatballs just Italian food?Meatballs aren’t just Italian food anymore! These lamb meatballs are made with Greek seasoning and cilantro. Cooked in a fresh spicy tomato sauce they are the perfect tapas dish, main course, or party appetizer.