MEXICAN HASH (PICADILLO)
Picadillo is a dish that is eaten in Mexican homes at least once a week. It's easy to prepare and also quite versatile, since you can eat it as is, or for fillings for chiles rellenos, tacos, burritos, tamales, etc.
Provided by Mexi-Rosie
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- First, stir fry potatoes in olive oil.
- Take potatoes out from oil, set apart.
- Into the remaining oil in the skillet, add the ground meat, tomatoes, salt, garlic, and pepper and mix well.
- Once the meat is partially cooked, add potatoes and rest of ingredients.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 527, Fat 32, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 102.8, Sodium 930.6, Carbohydrate 24.3, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 7.3, Protein 31.2
This is something that I threw together with ingredients I had on hand. I thought it turned out pretty well - easy and tasty. Not fancy, but it's good comfort food!
Provided by bunkie68
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Brown ground beef in large saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic; saute until onions are soft.
- Add cream cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted.
- Add corn and Rotel; cook until the mixture is heated through.
- At this point I did add some Asadero cheese (a soft Mexican cheese, good for melting - Monterey Jack would probably work if you can't find the Asadero) to the mixture and let it melt.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or Mexican rice.
- Top with Asadero cheese and let melt (I microwaved mine to melt the cheese).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.1, Fat 28.1, SaturatedFat 13.1, Cholesterol 108.3, Sodium 803.7, Carbohydrate 26.1, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 3.8, Protein 26.8
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, breaking it apart until crumbly. Saute until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Transfer chorizo-onion mixture to a plate.
- Pour oil into pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add frozen hash brown potatoes and seasoning salt. Stir to coat potatoes in the oil.
- Let the potatoes brown on one side, then flip once after about 5 minutes. Both sides should be browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Add the diced tomatoes and the chorizo and onion mixture; stir gently to mix evenly. Cook for 4 more minutes, stirring once to rotate the ingredients from the bottom of the pan to the top for even cooking.
- Serve topped with cilantro and cubed avocados.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.1 g, Cholesterol 74.8 mg, Fat 49.1 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 16.4 g, Sodium 1528.1 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
MEXICAN VEGGIE HASH
A storecupboard, vegetarian fry-up with beans, sweetcorn, avocado and eggs, served with soured cream and tortillas
Provided by Lucy Netherton
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 5 mins, then drain and let steam-dry. Heat half the butter and oil in the pan and fry the potatoes for about 10-15 mins until golden. Add the chopped chilli, garlic, Cajun seasoning, sweetcorn and black beans, and heat through for about 5 mins, then season.
- Keep warm in a low oven while you fry the eggs in the rest of the butter and oil until cooked to your liking. Divide the potatoes between 2 bowls and top with an egg, some chopped avocado and the sliced chilli. Serve with lime wedges, soured cream and warm tortillas, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 671 calories, Fat 46 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "mexican hash recipes"
MEXICAN HASH MADE IS A QUICK DINNER MADE IN A SKILLET …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MEXICAN CHORIZO HASH RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
MEXICAN HASH | COOK SMARTS
25 BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST IDEAS (WITH RECIPES) FOR …
OUR BEST HASH RECIPES TO MAKE ANY TIME OF DAY | ALLRECIPES
MEXICAN HASH BROWN BAKE RECIPE | YOUR ULTIMATE MENU
MEXICAN DICED POTATO HASH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
MEXICAN CHORIZO HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KETO MEXICAN BREAKFAST SKILLET | KETODIET BLOG
10 BEST MEXICAN HASH BROWN CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEXICAN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH HASH BROWN CRUST …
MEXICAN HASH: 150 RECIPE DELICIOUS AND EASY THE ULTIMATE …
Author Orval MccorkleFormat Paperback
MEXICAN POTATO HASH WITH CHORIZO AND EGGS - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
CHORIZO BREAKFAST HASH - STEP BY STEP PHOTOS - BUDGET BYTES
CRISPY JALAPENO HASH BROWNS | MEXICAN PLEASE
CHEESY MEXICAN HASH BROWN CASSEROLE - KITCHEN DIVAS
MEXICAN HASH RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
MEXICAN HASH - KITCH MYSTIC | GOURMET KITCHEN STORE & COOKING …
MEXICAN STYLE CORNED BEEF HASH - PRINCES
MEXICAN BREAKFAST HASH - MAEBELLS
OUR BEST HASH RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
MEXICAN HASH RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CHORIZO HASH - EL POPULAR - AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPES
MEXICAN HASHBROWN CASSEROLE ⋆ SPRINKLE SOME FUN
MEXICAN BREAKFAST HASH WITH LIME CREMA - FORKS OVER KNIVES
MEXICAN BREAKFAST HASH — ALWAYS PLANT-BASED. ALWAYS DELICIOUS.
MEXICAN HASH RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
EASY MEXICAN SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
MEXICAN HASH – 5 BOYS BAKER
MEXICAN BREAKFAST HASH | EGG FREE BREAKFAST - THYME & JOY
MEXICAN HASH - POTATOES
MEXICAN HASH BROWN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MEXICAN HASH BROWN - ZHEELICIOUS EASY BRUNCH RECIPE, CROWD …
MEXICAN BREAKFAST HASH (WHOLE30 - PALEO - GF) | EVERY LAST BITE
MEXICAN HASH BROWN MUFFINS RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, …
SPICY TOFU BREAKFAST HASH WITH TOFU SCRAMBLE - SIMPLYCEECEE.CO
MEXICAN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE WITH HASH BROWN TOP
MEXICAN HASH RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHORIZO HASH - SKILLET CHORIZO POTATOES - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
MEXICAN HASH RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #mexican #easy #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #low-carb #ground-beef #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to do with Mexican chorizo hash?This skillet dinner gets heat from spicy Mexican chorizo. Don't stir the potatoes too much as they cook so they crisp in the pan. If you love breakfast for dinner, then Mexican Chorizo Hash is the meal for you. This skillet dinner gets heat from spicy Mexican chorizo. Don't stir the potatoes too much as they cook so they crisp in the pan.
How do you cook hash browns in the oven?Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF) fan bake and spray a large oven-safe dish (approximately 25cm x 20cm / 10in x 8in) with cooking oil spray. Arrange hash browns in the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the cheese, followed by the baby spinach and chilli beans. Drain corn well, then add about two thirds of this as the next layer.
How to cook frozen hash brown potatoes?Add frozen hash brown potatoes and seasoning salt. Stir to coat potatoes in the oil. Let the potatoes brown on one side, then flip once after about 5 minutes. Both sides should be browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Add the diced tomatoes and the chorizo and onion mixture; stir gently to mix evenly.
How do you make hash browns with coriander?Sprinkle coriander over the top. Whisk eggs, sour cream, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper together and pour over the hash brown bake. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown on top and cooked through.