FRIJOLES REFRITOS (CLASSIC MEXICAN REFRIED BEANS)
- Mash the beans in a bowl.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic; cook and stir until onion is deep golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed beans and cook for about one minute.
- Add salt to taste.
- Makes about one pint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424.8, Fat 41, SaturatedFat 5.3, Sodium 5.3, Carbohydrate 15.1, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 4.8, Protein 1.8
MEXICAN TAKE-OUT FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS)
Refried beans are a matter of taste, and for those who grew up eating good Mexican food, they can also be a point of contention. Some think they should be spiced with cumin and chili powder, while others think the flavor of the beans should shine. Some think they should be mashed and refried to a thick, mortar-like paste, while others feel they should be kept loose, perhaps even adding extra water to thin them. We like ours simple, with just the flavor of caramelized onions in the background to give them depth.
Provided by TxGriffLover
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Let the beans soak overnight in a large bowl, in enough water to cover them by 2 inches or quick-soak them by rinsing the beans in a colander under cold water and discard any discolored ones. Combine the beans in a soup pot with enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches, bring the water to a boil. Let the beans boil for 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the beans soak, covered, for 1 hour.
- Drain the beans, pour them back into a pan, and add enough water to cover them by 2 inches. Cook the beans over low heat, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until almost cooked through. Add the salt and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the beans are cooked and creamy inside. Add more hot water if necessary to keep the beans just covered.
- Drain the beans and reserve the liquid. Put the beans back in the pot with about 1 cup of their cooking liquid. Mash them with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon until they are creamy. Add more liquid if necessary.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so, then add the mashed beans. Continue to cook, stirring about 10 minutes, or until the beans are the desired thickness. Add more bean liquid if you like your beans thinner. Taste and season with more salt if needed. Serve with the crumbled cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274, Fat 5.3, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 396.2, Carbohydrate 42.8, Fiber 10.3, Sugar 2.2, Protein 14.1
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS)
An authentic recipe for Mexican-style beans. Serve moist and hot with your meal, cover with grated Mexican cheese and accompanied by pickled jalapeno peppers.
Provided by Fred Guevara
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine water, pinto beans, and garlic into a large pot and cover; Cook over low heat for 5 1/2 hours; stir salt into beans and continue cooking until beans are very soft, about 30 minutes more.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Spoon the beans into the skillet without draining excess water; mash beans using a potato masher until they begin to lose their shape, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.5 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Fat 9.8 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 210.2 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
REAL REFRIED BEANS
Also known as frijoles refritos. Absolute must with any mexican dish. Serving suggestion, topped with fresh Cheddar and tortilla chips. Please note that the cook time does not include soaking the beans overnight.
Provided by Mrs.Muffins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Soak the beans overnight, then drain. Place in a large pan with the quartered onion, the herbs, and chili. Pour over enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer gently for 2 hours, or until the beans are very tender.
- Drain the beans, reserving the cooking liquid, and discard the onion, herbs, and chili.
- Place two-thirds of the beans with the cooking liquid into a food processor or blender and process until coarsely blended.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add the cumin and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the pureed and reserved beans and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid reduces and the mixture thickens. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.3, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 13.3, Carbohydrate 52.3, Fiber 12.3, Sugar 4.5, Protein 16.4
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS)
- In a heavy 10- to 12-inch skillet over moderate heat, heat the lard. Gradually add the cooked beans and broth as necessary and use a bean or potato masher to gently mash them, lowering the heat if necessary to prevent scorching. Using a spatula or a flat wooden spoon, continue stirring and scraping the sides of the skillet until the beans dry out slightly and have cooked down to a paste. The beans should be moist and shiny.
- Serve the beans on a platter and garnish with the Queso Fresco and tortilla chips.
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS)
When I have left over pinto beans, this is our favorite recipe. Once you taste it, you'll never settle for canned refried beans again. Queso Blanco is not a melting cheese but it becomes soft and creamy when heated. In this recipe you get yummy savory beans with creamy little bits of cheese. Delicious!
Provided by Sandy in Oklahoma
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place beans and juice in blender or food processor. Blend just enough to break into small pieces.
- Cook and stir onion and jalapeno in hot lard or butter until tender. Stir in beans 1 cup at a time until they are all incorporated.
- Continue cooking and stirring constantly until mixture thickens and you can see the bottom of the pan as you stir.
- Add cheese and stir until well-blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: My home cooked pinto beans tend to be spicy. If you are using mild beans or canned beans, you might want to add a couple cloves of minced garlic and 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.4, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 12.2, Sodium 2, Carbohydrate 46, Fiber 15.6, Sugar 1.1, Protein 15.6
More about "mexican take out frijoles refritos refried beans recipes"
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) | MEXICAN MADE MEATLESS™
Ratings 4Calories 221 per servingCategory Main Course, Side Dish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, once it's hot add the onion and cook until browned and crispy (this gives it a great taste, or you can just sauté until tender.) Next add the dried or fresh chiles and cook just until they brown or begin to blister -- this happens quickly so be ready to proceed.
- Next add the boiled beans -- be careful because it will splash, allow to fry for about 3 minutes. Next add about ¼ cup of the broth and then begin mashing the beans until you achieve the desired texture. The broth will help with the mashing and you'll need to add a little bit of the broth to help you achieve the texture you desire.
- Continue to "fry" for about 5-8 minutes or until they have the consistency you want. Remember to adjust the consistency to your needs by cooking longer to thicken or adding more broth/water to thin out. Taste and add salt as desired.
HOW TO MAKE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) …
5/5 (9)Total Time 22 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 167 per serving
- Add the beans and mash down using a potato masher until they become a paste. Blend to a smooth puree and then add them to the frying pan where the onions are being browned. "They will become a thick puree, keep scrapping from the edges and bottom of the pan. If you prefer to add a little more oil, this is the time".
- Tilt the frying pan sideways and form a roll with the bean paste. I like to flip them like pancakes a little bit. Taste to check if it needs salt.
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) EASY RECIPE
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) | RECIPE | REFRITO RECIPE, MEXICAN ...
ANJIE’S FRIJOLES DE OLLA—MEXICAN REFRIED BEANS - LATINO RECIPES
FRIJOLES REFRITOS - MEXICAN FOOD MEMORIES
FRIJOLES REFRITOS – DEL REAL FOODS
SLOW COOKER REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS)
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) RECIPE
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS) – A TOAST AND TEA
MEXICAN BEANS/REFRIED BEANS/FRIJOLES REFRITOS - SHARAN
REFRIED BEANS - FRIJOLES REFRITOS HAILS FROM MEXICO AND IS VEGAN …
REFRIED BEANS: FRIJOLES REFRITOS (MEXICAN KITCHEN) - MEXCONNECT
PERFECT REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS [STEP-BY-STEP] - MEXICAN FOOD …
EASY INSTANT POT MEXICAN REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLIES REFRITOS)
TRADITIONAL MEXICAN REFRIED BEANS - FRIJOLES REFRITOS MEXICAN RECIPE
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) - ADVENTURE KITCHEN
REFRIED BEANS / FRIJOLES REFRITOS – VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES
FAT FREE REFRIED BEANS: PREPARE AUTHENTIC TEX-MEX STYLE FRIJOLES …
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (AUTHENTIC REFRIED BEANS) - MARICRUZ AVALOS FLORES
MEXICAN STYLE FRIJOLES REFRITOS RECIPE-REFRIED BEANS
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE (FRIJOLES REFRITOS)
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) | MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - FRIJOLES REFRITOS - YOUTUBE
EASY REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) - HEALTHIER STEPS
MAKE YOUR OWN MEXICAN REFRIED BEANS WITH THIS RECIPE.
FRIJOLES REFRITOS ESTILO TEXAS ~ TEXAS STYLE REFRIED BEANS
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) - STELLANSPICE.COM
ROSARITA ORGANIC REFRIED BEANS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BORDER TOWN TORTILLERIA’S FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS) — RECIPE
MEXICAN BEAN DIP (PINTO BEANS) ||FRIJOLES REFRITOS || HOMEMADE …
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS) | RECIPELION.COM
FRIJOLES REFRITOS (REFRIED BEANS) NICARAGUAN-STYLE - KIKA'S BOC.
FRIJOLES REFRITOS – REFRIED BEANS - GOYA FOODS
Refried beans recipe - Frijoles refritos29K views-07:44
mexican bean dip (Pinto Beans) ||frijoles refritos || homemade refried beans || The Frying Pan661 views-05:47
Easy Refried beans •Frijoles refritos1.9K views-04:20
Refried Beans - Frijoles de la Olla - Mexican Food4.8K views-03:30
Frijoles refritos recipe - refried beans kids recipe17 views-03:49
The best Easy Refried Beans Recipe | Mexican Beans Recipe406K views-05:42
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook refried beans from frijoles Mexican recipe?Traditional Mexican Refried Beans - Frijoles Refritos Mexican Recipe. Put beans and water into Dutch oven. Soak at least six hours. Pour beans into colander and rinse thoroughly. Add two cups water back into the Dutch oven, along with bacon grease, garlic powder, bouillon and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
What are refried beans (refritos)?Refried beans (frijoles refritos) are a staple of Mexican cuisine, and a favorite element in many great Mexican dishes.
What does frijoles refritos mean in English?Let’s break it down frijoles means beans and refritos means well-fried. In English, the prefix “re” is used to express an action done twice, in Mexican-Spanish we commonly use it for emphasis. So frijoles refritos actually means very well-fried beans.
How do you cook canned refried beans?With such a huge quantity of great refried beans to eat, I scraped the canned batch into the garbage. In a large pot, cover the beans with cold water by at least 2 inches. Add herb sprigs, the whole onion half, and garlic cloves and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until beans are very tender, about 1 to 2 hours.