Taquitos are a popular appetizer and these homemade ones are so much better than the frozen ones in the supermarket. If you want a little more punch to the filling, adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Add the pork, cheese, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Cook and stir until cheese is melted., Place 2 tablespoons filling over lower third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Place taquitos on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. , Cool completely on a wire rack. Discard toothpicks. Place taquitos on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking sheet; freeze until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months., To use frozen taquitos: Arrange desired number of taquitos in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 118mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
SHREDDED PORK TAQUITOS
Watched Emeril Lagasse make these a couple of years ago on the Food Network and have been making them since. Recipe is as Emeril makes it but will add my 2 cents of changes I made.
Provided by podapo
Yield 48 Taquitos, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the pork until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the onions and saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and tomatoes. Season with more salt and pepper.
- Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beef stock and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until pork is very tender, about 2 hours. (Depending upon cut of meat).
- To make taquitos, find the best quality corn shells you can. I quickly heat mine on an oiled pan, both sides, then lay on a paper lined plate. Add pork in a line, roll as tightly as possible. I stick a toothpick in them to hold. I then deep fry for just a few minutes. All will have to be played with on an individual basis. I know they can also be baked but haven't tried that myself.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.4, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 80.5, Sodium 598.2, Carbohydrate 4.9, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2, Protein 22
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a saucepan set over moderate heat oil until hot. Add onion, garlic and salt and pepper and cook mixture, stirring, until translucent. Add tomatoes, paste, broth, chiles, and sugar. Bring sauce to a boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. tortillas. In a bowl combine the pork with enough of the sauce to lightly coat. Divide the filling among tortillas, top with the garnishes and roll up.
- Recommended Wine: Gruet Brut, New Mexico
CHEESY PULLED PORK TAQUITOS
Fill your pulled pork taquitos with melted VELVEETA® for Cheesy Pulled Pork Taquitos that everyone at the dinner table is sure to love. These taquitos are made with boneless pork shoulder and a tasty red salsa.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Sear pork shoulder in oil in a Dutch oven. Add next 8 ingredients; cook, covered, on medium-low heat for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients; set aside.
- Remove meat; shred. Add about 1/2 cup cooking sauce or enough to coat pork lightly.
- Combine VELVEETA, salsa and barbeque pulled pork mixture; fill tortillas and roll tightly.
- Fry filled tortillas in oiled pan, seam side down first. Roll in oil to crisp on all sides.
- Bake 8-12 min. at 400ºF or until warmed through.
- Serve with guacamole, cilantro and onion, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 9 g
SHREDDED PORK TAQUITOS
Taquitos are my very favorite Mexican food. This is a good recipe because it's so adaptable! The cook time varies, for some reason, so when they look done, take them out of the frying pan.
Provided by Wineaux
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Shred roast pork (or roast beef or chicken) with fork.
- Add remaining ingredients (except tortillas) and mix together.
- Dip tortillas in warmed oil to soften, then spread a large tablespoon of pork mixture in tortilla and roll up.
- Secure with wooden pick and fry in oil.
- Can be frozen.
- To eat, dip in sour cream and avocado dip.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 322.3, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 56.7, Sodium 237.6, Carbohydrate 25.6, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 1.7, Protein 22.2
More about "pork taquitos recipes"
STREET STYLE PORK TAQUITOS - LATINA MOM MEALS
Cuisine Cuban, LatinEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Appetizer
- To a tortilla add 2-3 tablespoons of pork and 2-3 teaspoons of cheese. Tightly and gently roll up the tortillas.
SALSA VERDE PORK TAQUITOS – SNACKS AND SIPS
BAKED BBQ PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - SMELLS LIKE HOME
CROCK-POT MEXICAN PORK AND BAKED TAQUITOS - BAREFEET …
CHEESY BAKED BBQ PORK TAQUITOS - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
THE BEST HOMEMADE TAQUITOS - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
PULLED PORK TAQUITOS | DUDEFOODS.COM
CRAVE-WORTHY GROUND PORK TACOS - INSPIRED TASTE
PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - REAL FOOD BY DAD
BAKED PORK TAQUITOS - WORDS OF DELICIOUSNESS
BBQ PORK TAQUITOS WITH AVOCADO CREMA - THE SOCCER …
FULLY LOADED PORK TAQUITOS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
Cuisine MexicanCalories 1050 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
BBQ RANCH PULLED PORK TAQUITOS — BUNS IN MY OVEN
PORK TAQUITOS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SLOW COOKER PORK TAQUITOS RECIPE | A FRUGAL HOMESTEAD
BBQ PORK TAQUITOS | GREENS & CHOCOLATE
PORK TAQUITOS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
BAKED PORK TAQUITOS - CHIPOTLE CHEDDAR BAKED PORK …
CHEESY BAKED BBQ PORK TAQUITOS - COOKIES FOOD PRODUCTS INC.
PORK TAQUITOS - BINKY'S CULINARY CARNIVAL
CROCK POT PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - IOWA GIRL EATS
SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - DAD WITH A PAN
AIR FRYER PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - ERICA'S RECIPES
PULLED PORK TAQUITOS WITH CHIPOTLE RANCH DRESSING
PULLED PORK AND PICKLE TAQUITOS - THE FOOD IN MY BEARD
AIR FRYER PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - CASA MENDOSA
RECIPES | PIT BOSS® GRILLS
BBQ PORK TAQUITOS - BELLY FULL
PORK TAQUITOS - ANG SARAP
THE 21 BEST LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
BAKED PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
TAQUITOS WITH PORK PICADILLO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED [LEFTOVER] PORK TAQUITOS | COOK SMARTS
BEST PORK CARNITAS TACOS (MEXICAN PULLED PORK TACOS) - THE …
SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN PORK TAQUITOS (WITH PINEAPPLE SALSA) RECIPE
OVEN BAKED PULLED PORK TAQUITOS - CHEW ON THIS
PUMPKIN & PORK TAQUITOS - TIFFANI THIESSEN
PULLED PORK TAQUITOS | LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
AIR FRYER PORK TAQUITOS - OH PORK!
PORK TAQUITOS | RECIPE | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES, PORK, TAQUITOS
HONEY MUSTARD PULLED PORK TAQUITOS | MANTITLEMENT
EASY HOMEMADE TAQUITOS RECIPE | BY LEIGH ANNE WILKES
PERFECTLY CRISPY BAKED OR FRIED TAQUITOS - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Taquitos in the oven?Directions. Place 2 tablespoons filling over lower third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Place taquitos on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Discard toothpicks. Place taquitos on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking sheet; freeze until firm.
How do you make the Best Pulled Pork burritos?Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Add the pork, cheese, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
How to cook Taquitos in an Instant Pot?For Slow Cooker taquitos: Season the roast with salt and pepper. Add chili powder, garlic, cumin, minced onion, beef broth and salsa. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily. For Instant pot taquitos: Season the roast with salt and pepper. Cut it into four large pieces and place in the Instant Pot.
What is a taquitos made out of?These crispy Homemade Taquitos (Rolled Tacos) are made with seasoned shredded beef (or substitute chicken or pork), corn tortillas and all of the best toppings. They can be baked or fried and are sure to be your new favorite recipe!