The spirit base of this margarita is split between tequila and mezcal, which gives the final drink a deep, complex flavor, and provides an excellent excuse to rim the glass with sal de gusano, or worm salt. With roots in Oaxaca, Mexico, sal de gusano is made from toasted, ground gusano (the moth larvae that feeds on the agave plant), salt and dried chiles, and is traditionally served alongside mezcal. If you're running low on tequila or mezcal, feel free to use 1 1/2 ounces total of whichever agave-based spirit you have.
Provided by Rebekah Peppler
Yield 1 drink
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare the salted half rim, if using: In a small shallow bowl or plate, sprinkle a thin layer of the sal de gusano. Run the lime wedge along half of the rim of a rocks glass, then dip the rim into the salt mixture.
- In a shaker, combine the tequila, mezcal, orange liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup. Add ice, cover, and shake vigorously until the drink is well chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Fill the glass with ice, then strain the margarita into the glass. Add the lime wedge; enjoy immediately.
MEZCAL MARGARITA #2
- In a pitcher, combine the mezcal, Limonada, triple sec and bitters. Stir well to combine, then cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and pour in 1 cup of the margarita mixture. Shake and strain into two 6-ounce martini glasses. Add 1/4 teaspoon orange zest to each glass and serve immediately. Repeat for the remaining margaritas.
SPICY MEZCAL MARGARITA
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with salt on a shallow, rimmed plate. Use lime wedge to wet rims of two 6- to 8-ounce glasses. Dip rims into sugar mixture.
- Combine jalapeno and 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar in a cocktail shaker and muddle until sugar is dissolved and jalapeno is juiced. Add orange juice, mezcal, and lime juice to shaker, then fill with ice. Cover and shake until chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into glasses to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.3 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 0.8 g, Sodium 962 mg, Sugar 15.5 g
More about "mezcal tequila margarita recipes"
MEZCAL MARGARITA – A COUPLE COOKS
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 5 minsCategory CocktailsCalories 166 per serving
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt (or for a festive look, use Margarita Salt).
- Place the mezcal, tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE | COCKTAIL SOCIETY
Cuisine MexicanCategory Drinks
SMOKY MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN MARGARITA RECIPE
SPICY MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE A MEZCAL MARGARITA
MANGO MEZCAL MARGARITA - JENNIFER MEYERING
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PINEAPPLE MEZCAL MARGARITA - SIMPLY WHISKED
A SIMPLE MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - A HOMEBODY'S …
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 QUICK AND BEST MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - MEZCAL DRINKS
MEZCAL MARGARITAS | GIMME SOME OVEN
THE BEST MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - FED & FIT
MEZCAL RECIPE: SMOKY JALAPEñO MARGARITA | SPILLING TEQUILA
TROPICAL MEZCAL MARGARITA - NOMASTE HUNGRY
8 DELICIOUSLY SMOKY MEZCAL COCKTAILS | ALLRECIPES
BEST TEQUILA FOR MARGARITA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
TEQUILA & MEZCAL COCKTAIL RECIPES - LIQUOR.COM
MEZCAL MARGARITA THREE WAYS
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE: THE MARGARITA’S SMOKY SIBLING
THE 20 BEST TEQUILAS FOR A KILLER MARGARITA - ADVANCED MIXOLOGY
17 CLASSIC MEZCAL COCKTAILS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
4 EASY TEQUILA (AND MEZCAL!) COCKTAILS, NO MARGARITA MIX IN SIGHT
9 TEQUILA AND MEZCAL COCKTAIL RECIPES FOR CINCO DE MAYO
THE BEST MEZCAL MARGARITA - RECIPE BY BLACKBERRY BABE
CLASSIC MARGARITA RECIPE - WHAT IS IMPORTANT AND WHICH TEQUILA?
6 MEZCAL COCKTAILS WORTH MAKING – A COUPLE COOKS
MEZCAL MARGARITA COCKTAIL RECIPE | SENIOR CURAçAO LIQUEUR
HOW TO MAKE A MEZCAL MARGARITA (AN ILLUSTRATED RECIPE)
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE – ADVANCED MIXOLOGY
MEZCAL-TEQUILA MARGARITA RECIPE - NYT COOKING
THE MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE | VINEPAIR
JALAPENO MEZCAL MARGARITA • SPICY AND SMOKY! - A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
18 AMAZING MEZCAL COCKTAILS – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
MEZCAL PINEAPPLE MARGARITA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
THE 20 ESSENTIAL TEQUILA AND MEZCAL COCKTAILS TO KNOW
SPICY MEZCAL PALOMA RECIPE - RUBI THIBODEAU
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE - THRILLIST
CLEMENTINE MEZCAL MARGARITA - LE PETIT EATS
MEZCAL MARGARITA - COOKING WITH COCKTAIL RINGS
MEZCAL MARGARITA RECIPE AUSTRALIA - SWINGEING VLOG PHOTOGRAPHS
MEZCAL MARGARITA COCKTAIL RECIPE - DIFFORD'S GUIDE
HOT LIPS MEZCAL MARGARITA COCKTAIL RECIPE | PUNCH
20 MEZCAL COCKTAILS TO MAKE AT HOME | EPICURIOUS
You'll also love