Kids love them. I did growing up -- my mom use to make these around Christmas time, but great for anytime! You can make as many as you want. They are great to look at.
Provided by lovemykids
Categories Desserts Chocolate Dessert Recipes Milk Chocolate
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the confectioners' coating into chunks, and place into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the coating in the microwave oven on High for 30 seconds; then heat again 4 or 5 more times for 10 to 15 seconds each time until the coating is warm (not hot) and melted. Stir well until the chocolate coating is smooth and free of lumps. The coating should be about 95 degrees F (35 degrees C).
- Dry the cherries well with paper towels. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip it into the chocolate coating to just reach the bottom of the stem. Carefully lay the cherry on its side, so the stem sticks out the side. This will be the tail. Before the coating sets up, stick the flat side of an unwrapped chocolate kiss opposite the tail, to make a pointy-nosed face. Pick out two nicely shaped slivers of almond, and insert them between the chocolate kiss and the dipped cherry to make little ears. Use a toothpick to make two small dots of melted coating on the face for eyes; stick two little red candies to the coating dots. Repeat with the rest of the cherries. Allow the coating to set until firm and cool, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 13.5 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
I copied this from The Virginia Housewife by Mary Randolph many, many years ago. It is supposedly the recipe used by Martha Washington. The original recipe called for ingredients by pounds. I used the cheapest, fattiest burger I could find in place of the beef amd suet. I also use a pound of mixed candied fruit instead of the citron and peel. Supposedly this can be processed in a water bath, but I don't have that much confidence. I store the jars in the freezer.
Provided by Countrywife
Yield 8 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put meat, suet, citron, peel, peeled and cored apples, lemon and orange through the meat grinder.
- Mix throughly with sugar, currants. rasins, spices, salt, brandy and sherry.
- Pack into quart jars and process or freeze.
- Every few months add a couple of tablespoons brandy, sherry or rum if the mix looks dry.
Mincemeat is a traditional English treat that is usually used as filling for mince pies during Christmas, but it tastes great mixed with vanilla ice cream, as well. This recipe uses butter instead of the traditional suet, which makes this mincemeat suitable for vegetarians. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
Provided by Ita
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European UK and Ireland English
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice in a bowl. Reserve 1 heaped teaspoon for the mincemeat. Store the rest in a small jar for a later use.
- Inspect two 12-ounce jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until mincemeat is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Combine apple, sultanas, sugar, currants, raisins, and butter in a saucepan. Cook over low heat and stir gently until butter has melted. Stir in chopped almonds, orange zest, 1 teaspoon of mixed spice, and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set mincemeat aside to cool down for 30 minutes. Stir in brandy. Spoon into sterilized jars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.9 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 32.6 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
More about "mice recipes"
20 CHEAP AND CHEERFUL MINCE RECIPES THAT WILL SAVE YOU …
- Porcupine Mince Balls. If you love meatballs, you will love this recipe – and it is so easy. The meatballs contain uncooked rice, and when you bake them in the tomato sauce mixture, they ‘suck up the flavour’ and expand.
- Cheesy Beef and Macaroni Bake. This is another ‘variation’ of spaghetti that doesn’t get boring. The key is those cherry tomatoes you put on top – they just explore with flavour!
- Grilled Gooey Cheesy Rissoles. Is there better food in the entire world than cheese? I really don’t think so! Make sure you choose a really sharp tangy cheese to place in the middle of these rissoles!
- Cheesy Beef Puffs. My boys adore these Cheesy Beef Puffs in their lunchbox, cold the next day at school! In fact, I prefer them cold as well! This is a great way to use up any leftover mince you may have from the night before!
- Mince Scrolls. This is the ‘souped up’ version of the traditional scroll. The mince keeps its shape and turns a scroll into a meal. They freeze well too so make them in bulk and pop them in the lunch box the next morning!
- Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls. Personally, I think chicken mince makes the BEST sausage rolls – and this recipe hasn’t been one of the most popular on the website for years for nothing!
- Chicken Pot Pie. Chicken Mince or finely diced chicken breast cooked in a delicious sauce with vegetables and a sheet of puff pastry on top – the perfect Winter Warmer!
- Corn Chip Casserole. If traditional taco’s are getting a bit boring – this is a nifty variation. Serve over a tray of cooked potato wedges to make it into a meal.
- Golden Bake. This is a fantastically frugal recipe – like Shepherds Pie but using beef mince (did you know that Shepherds Pie is made on Lamb Mince?).
- Beef Tortilla Stack. There is no pasta in this recipe. Nope. Instead, we use pita bread or tortillas – and you can’t even taste the difference. Just delicious!
HOW TO COOK MICE (AND RATS) - PRACTICAL SELF RELIANCE
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
MINCE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
TOO MUCH MINCEMEAT? 10 DELICIOUS RECIPES TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT …
BEST TRADITIONAL MINCEMEAT - THE DARING GOURMET
HOMEMADE MINCEMEAT RECIPE - TWO SISTERS
CHICKEN MINCE RECIPES (GROUND CHICKEN) | RECIPETIN EATS
MINCEMEAT RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
23 BEEF MINCE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
22 QUICK MINCE RECIPES FOR EASY DINNERS - WHOLESOME COOK
50+ AMAZING MEALS YOU CAN MAKE WITH MINCE - GOOD FOOD
MINCE RECIPES | STAY AT HOME MUM
BEST MINCEMEAT RECIPE EVER! - THE HEDGECOMBERS
THE BEST CHRISTMAS MINCEMEAT RECIPE
THE BEST MINCE RECIPES
42 EASY MINCE RECIPES - WAYS TO COOK BEEF MINCE - DELISH
30 BEEF MINCE RECIPES | MYFOODBOOK
MINCEMEAT RECIPE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING QUEEN
HOMEMADE MINCEMEAT RECIPE - FOR MINCE PIES - PENNY'S RECIPES
BASIC MINCE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
33 CREATIVE WAYS TO USE MINCE MEAT | MYFOODBOOK | EASY MINCE …
BEST MINCE RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
33 RECIPES USING MINCEMEAT - FARMERSGIRL KITCHEN
MINCE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
MINCED BEEF RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
CLASSIC MINCEMEAT | CANADIAN LIVING
BEST MINCE RECIPES - 32 EASY MINCE RECIPES
MINCE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
A COLLECTION OF OUR FAVOURITE MINCE RECIPES - WOOLWORTHS TASTE
MINCE RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION - AUSTRALIAN BEEF
HOME REMEDY TO KILL MICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THOUSANDS OF MINCE AND GROUND MEAT RECIPES - MINCERECIPES.INFO
QUICK & EASY SAVOURY MINCE RECIPE - FUSS FREE FLAVOURS
78 BEEF MINCE RECIPES - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
ALL THE MINCEMEAT RECIPES YOU WILL EVER NEED | TIN AND THYME
BEST MINCE RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
BEEF MINCE RECIPES - BBC FOOD
SAVOURY MINCE RECIPE - COOK IT REAL GOOD
50 MINCED MEAT RECIPE IDEAS - BAYEVSKITCHEN.COM
BEEF MINCE RECIPES - GROUND BEEF | RECIPETIN EATS
7 EASY BEEF MINCE RECIPES - BEST EVER MINCE SUPPERS - PENNY'S …
CHOCOLATE MICE – RECIPES BY JENN
EASY & TASTY MINCE AND TATTIES RECIPE - SCOTTISH SCRAN
85 CHEAP MINCE RECIPES THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL LOVE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love