MINCED BEEF COBBLER
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Dry-fry the mince and onion in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Stir frequently to break up the mince, until well browned. Add the mushrooms and plain flour, followed by the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, then gently cook for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the cobbles, mix the self-raising flour and thyme together in a bowl. Stir in the yogurt with enough cold water to form a scone-like dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to the thickness of about 1.5cm and use a cutter to stamp out 12 x 5cm rounds.
- Stir the peas into the mince mixture, then transfer to a baking dish. Randomly place the cobbles on top of the mince, then bake for 20-25 mins, until cobbles are risen and golden brown. This is good served with horseradish sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
While searching for a particular recipe I came across this one for mincemeat cobbler that my Mom gave me about 20 or so years ago. I served it this past Christmas along with 2 other desserts and everyone commented on how good it tasted. So try it, and let me know what you think.
Provided by Nova Scotia Cook
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the mincemeat, apples, 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg& melted butter.
- Blend together and spread on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt& 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Add the milk and beaten egg.
- Mix and spread over the first mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with cream.
MINCEMEAT PEACH COBBLER
- Place rack in the lowest position & preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out [or unroll!] 1 pastry round & line a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Combine the mincemeat & walnuts, then pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Pour the peach filling over the mince mixture, then top with the 2nd pastry round.
- Seal & flute the pastry edges, & cut several vents in the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven & let it cool down some on a wire rack, before serving it warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467.8, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 3.6, Sodium 220.7, Carbohydrate 73, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 38.8, Protein 3.9
More about "mincemeat cobbler recipes"
MINCED BEEF RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
FAMILY FAVOURITE MINCED BEEF COBBLER - JAM AND …
MINCED BEEF AND CHEESE COBBLER - BIGOVEN.COM
SAVOURY MINCE COBBLER - FEED YOUR FAMILY FOR £20 A WEEK
MINCED BEEF | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
10 BEST MINCEMEAT DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST MINCE RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SAVOURY MINCE COBBLER | RECIPES MADE EASY
Ratings 12Calories 689 per servingCategory Dinner
- Heat 2tsp oil in a frying pan and gently fry 1 chopped onion until softened and begining to colour. Add 2 chopped garlic cloves and cook for another minute or two.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ fan)/400°F/gas mark 6. Place 175g (6oz) flour in a bowl and add 50g (oz)butter. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir 50g (2oz) cheese leaving a little to sprinkle on top and add enough milk (about 5 tbsp) to bring the mixture together to form a soft dough.
- Pour the mince mixture into an oven proof dish and arrange the cobblers on top. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until the cobblers have risen and are golden.
HOMEMADE MINCEMEAT RECIPE - TWO SISTERS
MINCEMEAT COBBLER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLE COBBLER - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
MINTED LAMB COBBLER | BRITISH RECIPES | GOODTO
HOMEMADE MINCED BEEF AND DUMPLINGS - CULINARY GINGER
MINCE COBBLER - BIGOVEN.COM
LEMON COBBLER BOILING WATER - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MINCEMEAT RECIPES - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
MINCED BEEF COBBLER RECIPE UK BEST RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MINCED BEEF COBBLER | RECIPES | DONALD RUSSELL
MINCEMEAT COBBLER THE BEST RECIPES
TASTY RECIPES: MINCEMEAT COBBLER
MINCED BEEF COBBLER | LORRAINE - ITV
MAKE MINCED BEEF COBBLER AND DUMPLINGS WITH THIS EASY RECIPE
OLD-FASHIONED MINCEMEAT DROP COOKIE RECIPE
BEEF COBBLER RECIPE | GOODTO
BEEF COBBLER | EASY SLOW COOKER MINCED BEEF & DUMPLINGS RECIPE :)
MARY BERRY MINCE COBBLER BEST RECIPES
SLOW COOKER MINCEMEAT - CHRISTMAS RECIPES - THE USUAL SAUCEPANS
COBBLER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MINCE COBBLER RECIPE BY GARY WAITE - COOKPAD
MINCEMEAT COBBLER - CHAMPSDIET.COM
COBBLER RECIPES - BBC FOOD
MINCEMEAT COBBLER (KITCHENPC)
MARY BERRY'S MINCEMEAT LOAF CAKE - SOMETHING SWEET SOMETHING …
10 BEST MINCEMEAT DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #cobblers-and-crisps #desserts #easy #dietary #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is mince beef cobbler?This savoury mince beef cobbler is a simple recipe that you can make in time for tea. The word "mince" is British. In the United States, it's known as ground beef. I had this dish for the first time when I was at school, it was one of my favourite school dinners.
How do you make beef cobbler?Brimming with soft and tasty vegetables and minced beef with a light cobbler topping, this homely beef cobbler is full of hearty flavour. Heat oil in your casserole dish, brown mince well then set aside, reserving any fat. Place all diced veg and garlic in the same pot and cook until soft and turning golden brown.
How do you cook mince for Christmas dinner?Return mince to the pan with tomatoes, stock, bay leaves, and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 60 -75 minutes, stirring occasionally. For the cobbler topping, place flour, seasoning and mustard in a bowl, rub in the butter and mix in the thyme. Add milk to make a stiff dough. Knead lightly and roll to 1cm thick.
What to serve with mince cobbler?My lot would quite happily gobble a bowl of mince cobbler on it's own though. It's most definitely a keeper in this house! Up the veggies by adding peppers, mushrooms and courgettes to the mince, or whatever veggies you have to hand. I like to serve this cobbler with easy roast sweet potatoes and steamed seasonal vegetables.