The idea for this sausage lasagna recipe comes from my mother-in-law, who always makes it for my three boys on special holidays. I've put an easy twist on Carole's classic dish, and it's become one of my go-to dinners as well! -Blair Lonergan, Rochelle, VA
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook and stir 1 minute. , Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 10-15 minutes., In a bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese, 1-1/4 cups Parmesan cheese and the remaining pepper. Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 4 noodles, 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese mixture, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1-1/2 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses., Cover with greased foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until lightly browned and heated through, 5-10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Fat 23g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 83mg cholesterol, Sodium 978mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
MINI SAUSAGE LASAGNA
The home economists in our Test Kitchen created this tasty mini lasagna. It strikes a perfect balance between cheese and tomato flavors.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut 3 noodles widthwise in halt. Cut remaining noodle widthwise into thirds. Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan and seasonings; set aside., Spread 3 tablespoons meat sauce in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with two large noodle pieces and one small piece. Layer with half of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with sauce. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. , Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 631 calories, Fat 36g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 168mg cholesterol, Sodium 1223mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
EASY ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA
This classic dish is a meal on its own, made special with Bob Evans Italian roll sausage
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until brown. Remove from heat and stir in pasta sauce and tomato sauce. In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning. Preheat oven to 375F. Spread 1 cup sauce into bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers two more times. Add last 3 noodles. Top lasagna with remaining sauce and with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan over mozzarella. Cover and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until noodles are tender. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese.
TOTALLY LAZY MINI SAUSAGE ROLLS
I make these often - sometimes the sausage shoots rather rudely out of its skin, sometimes it doesn't. To guarantee your sausage does not escape its roll during cooking, the sausage "skin" can be slipped off before encasing it in pastry.
Provided by Lorraine Pascale
Yield 16 rolls
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roll the pastry out on a floured counter to a rectangle of about 19 x 12 1/2in (48 by 32cm) and bash the pastry with the rolling pin a bit. Puff pastry is made of fine layers and normally you have to be very delicate with it. For sausage rolls the pastry needs to be slightly puffed but not too much, so bashing it with a rolling pin reduces the amount it puffs up.
- Cut the large rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut both smaller rectangles into eight equal sections. You now have 16 rectangles in total. Brush one end of each rectangle with a little of the beaten egg and lay a piece of sausage at the other end, then season the sausage with salt and pepper and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Roll the sausage up in the pastry to enclose and repeat with all the sausages. For a flavor variation add sage, parsley, or chopped rosemary. Put the sausage rolls in the refrigerator for 20 minutes for the pastry to harden.
- Once the pastry is hard, remove them from the refrigerator and score the tops with a sharp knife for decoration or prick with a fork. Brush well all over with the rest of the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pastry has turned a golden brown and looks crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
QUICK AND EASY MINI-LASAGNA
I love this, its just like lasagna. It uses mafalda (those little lasagna noodles) and is layered just like regular lasagna. Yummy.
Provided by mommyoffour
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add pasta sauce; heat through stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and drain noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, mix ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, the oregano and parsley.
- Spread 1/3 of the sausage mixture in ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with 3 cups noodles.
- Spread cheese mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread another 1/3 of sausage mixture and top with remaining noodles.
- Spread remaining sausage mixture over noodles and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 644, Fat 38.4, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 122.9, Sodium 1557.8, Carbohydrate 43.2, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 16.5, Protein 30.9
SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM LASAGNE
- Heat the oil in frying pan and tip in the sausagemeat. Use a fork and wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks (it should look like mince). When browned and slightly crisp, add the garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Fry for 4-5 mins until the mushrooms are soft and golden.
- Cook the lasagne sheets following pack instructions, then drain. Stir the tomato paste, cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsp water into the sausage mixture. Cover and simmer for 6 mins. Remove the lid and crush the tomatoes with the back of your spoon, so that they break up a little. Bubble for a few mins and add seasoning.
- Put the crème fraîche, mustard, most of the cheddar and a little seasoning in a pan and melt together over a low heat.
- Heat the grill to high. Lay 1 sheet of lasagne in the bottom of a serving dish, letting it fold over on itself in places. Top with some of the sausage mixture and another lasagne sheet. Repeat the process, finishing with a layer of sausage mixture. Pour over the cheese sauce, and sprinkle with then remaining cheese, then grill until the top is bubbling.
- To make accompanying garlic bread: Heat oven to 200C/220C fan/gas 6. Cut 4-5 slices in 1 small bread roll (petit pain), making sure not to cut all the way through. Spread garlic butter in each gap. Wrap the roll in foil and bake for 8 mins. Unwrap the roll and bake for a further 5-6 mins.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751 calories, Fat 47 grams fat, SaturatedFat 22 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 29 grams protein, Sodium 2.9 milligram of sodium
ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA (COOKING FOR 2)
Perfect for when you don't want a full pan of lasagna (but still want leftovers for lunch the next day), this small version packs a big flavor punch with Italian sausage, fire-roasted tomatoes and three kinds of cheese.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix mozzarella and ricotta cheeses; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, onion and pepper flakes in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is cooked through and onion softens; drain. Return to skillet; stir in sauce.
- Spread rounded 1/2 cup sauce mixture in bottom of loaf pan. Top with 1 lasagna noodle. Top with rounded 1/2 cup ricotta mixture. Pour rounded 1/2 cup sauce mixture over ricotta mixture. Top with 1 lasagna noodle. Top with rounded 1/2 cup ricotta mixture, followed by rounded 1/2 cup sauce mixture. Top with 1 lasagna noodle, followed by remaining ricotta mixture. Top with 1 lasagna noodle, then with remaining sauce mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until pasta is tender and mixture is bubbling at edges. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 550, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 3 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1080 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1 g
WORLD'S BEST LASAGNA
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 81.8 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1400.4 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
MINI SAUSAGE AND WAFFLE BITES
- Using the palms of your hands, take a dollop of the sausage and begin forming 8 small patties, about the size of silver dollars.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, and fry each patty until they are cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut each cheese slice into fourths and place two on each patty.
- Toast your waffles, then spread jam on one side. Cut them into fourths if you're using full-size waffles. Place a sausage patty with cheese on a prepared waffle, and top with another piece of waffle. Continue until you have eight mini sandwiches.
- Use toothpicks to hold each waffle bite together for serving.
ONE-POT SAUSAGE LASAGNA
Lasagna has never been easier! This quick riff on the classic pasta bake starts in your Dutch oven -- and stays there -- for a meaty, cheesy delight you'll want to make again and again.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, mix ricotta and mozzarella cheeses; set aside.
- Place pasta sauce in large bowl; set aside. In 5-quart ovenproof Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, onion, salt and pepper in butter 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is cooked through and onion softens; drain. Stir sausage mixture into sauce in bowl.
- Spread 2 cups sauce mixture in bottom of same Dutch oven. Top with one-third of the lasagna noodles. Top with half of the ricotta mixture. Pour 1 cup of the reserved sauce mixture over ricotta mixture. Top with another one-third of the lasagna noodles. Top with remaining ricotta mixture. Top with remaining lasagna noodles, then top with remaining sauce mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover; bake 15 minutes. Remove cover; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until pasta is tender and mixture is browned on edges. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 15 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1350 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1/2 g
More about "mini sausage lasagna recipes"
CREAMY VEGETABLE AND SAUSAGE LASAGNA - RICARDO
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
EASY NO FUSS LASAGNA - INSPIRED TASTE
CLASSIC SAUSAGE LASAGNA - AMANDA COOKS & STYLES
EASY SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - MOMS WHO THINK
SAUSAGE LASAGNE - PINCH OF NOM
MINI LASAGNA CUPS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
MINI LASAGNA CUPS - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY MINI LASAGNAS | CANADIAN LIVING
SAUSAGE LASAGNA — EVERYDAY GOURMET
EASIEST LASAGNA EVER - DAMN DELICIOUS
BEST NO-BOIL SAUSAGE LASAGNA - TASTEFULLY GRACE
MINI LASAGNA - ALESSI FOODS
MINI SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
SMALL BATCH LASAGNA - SIMPLY SCRATCH
HOW TO MAKE MINI LASAGNAS FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES
10 BEST MINI SAUSAGE APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HUNT'S® MINI LASAGNA BITES | READY SET EAT
MINI LASAGNA CUPS | FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
EASY ONE POT SKILLET SAUSAGE LASAGNA (RECIPE VIDEO)
BEST HOMEMADE LASAGNA WITH SAUSAGE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA (NO BOIL NOODLES) - A BIG MOUTHFUL
EASY ITALIAN SAUSAGE LASAGNA - RANTS FROM MY CRAZY KITCHEN
MINI LASAGNA NOODLES RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MINI LASAGNA ROLLS RECIPE - SPINACH LASAGNA ROLL-UPS
THE ONE WITH THE DOZEN LASAGNAS: MINI LASAGNA BITES RECIPE
SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE - OWENS SAUSAGE
MINI LOAF PAN LASAGNA FOR ONE | MAKE AHEAD LASAGNA FREEZER MEAL
NO ORDINARY 'ARTICHOKE & SAUSAGE' LASAGNA - THE TINY ITALIAN
MINI PREMIO SAUSAGE LASAGNA ROLLS - RECIPES & MORE
MINI LASAGNA ROLLS - PREMIO FOODS
LAYERED MINI LASAGNE CASSEROLE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
MINI SAUSAGE LASAGNA | RECIPE | SAUSAGE LASAGNA, RECIPES, …
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE LASAGNA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SKILLET LASAGNA - THE SEASONED SKILLET
MINI LASAGNA CUPS - JO COOKS
You'll also love