A fresh burst of mint greets your taste buds when you bite into one of these enchanting cupcakes. Only a cluster of chocolate-mint leaves on top suggests the primary flavor component. If you prefer, serve the cupcakes without any topping other than the frosting, or perhaps shave a few chocolate curls for an easier but equally lovely adornment.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 18
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, oil, water, and peppermint extract, and beat with a mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in tins on wire racks for 10 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to racks, and let cool. Undecorated cupcakes will keep, covered, for 1 day, or frozen for up to 2 months.
- Spoon buttercream into a pastry bag fitted with a large, plain tip. Pipe small mounds on tops of cupcakes. Flatten mounds with an offset spatula, then top with chocolate-mint leaves.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick liners. Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Heat the milk in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling; pour over the cocoa powder in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Let cool slightly. Whisk in the granulated sugar, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla, flour mixture and mint chocolates.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds of the way. Bake until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Beat the melted butter and cocoa powder in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Reduce the speed to low; add the confectioners' sugar, marshmallow cream and milk and beat until combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy, about 4 more minutes. Set aside at room temperature until thickened, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip; pipe onto the cupcakes. Top with nonpareils and/or coarse sugar.
THIN MINT CUPCAKES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with liners.
- For the crust: In a small bowl, stir together the crushed cookies and butter until combined. Divide among the prepared cupcake cups. Using a small juice glass or your fingers, press the crumbs into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Bake until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- For the cupcakes: In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and, using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed, 2 minutes. Stir in the boiling water. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake liners (about 3/4 full). Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove the cupcakes from the tins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream: Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar until combined. Stir in the salt, mint extract and, if using, food coloring. Beat until creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer the buttercream to a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip.
- Using an apple corer, remove the center of the cupcake down to the cookie crust. Fill the cupcakes with buttercream and smooth the tops with an offset spatula. Set aside. For the ganache: Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and heavy cream until steaming (do not boil). Add the extract. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let stand 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, stir until smooth. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the melted chocolate (dipping until the chocolate meets the liner). Let the cupcakes set on a wire rack before serving, about 1 hour.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
My boyfriend's favorite treat that I make. Deliciously moist cake with a light and fluffy mint buttercream topping. After covering cupcakes with buttercream, decorating with sprinkles or chocolate pieces is recommended.
Provided by xoxoemilyrae
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with greased liners.
- Combine boiling water and cocoa powder in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Allow to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar in a large bowl; beat together with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract. Mix in the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the cocoa mixture. Fold peppermint candies into the batter.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes are firm to the touch or a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the pan and set on a rack to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Combine shortening and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add peppermint extract. Add confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in milk, a tablespoon at a time, until buttercream is desired consistency. Fold in food coloring a little at a time to reach desired shade of green.
- Transfer buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a round or star tip. Frost each cupcake with buttercream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.9 calories, Carbohydrate 64.7 g, Cholesterol 72 mg, Fat 25.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 288.9 mg, Sugar 50.6 g
More about "mint chocolate cupcakes recipes"
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES | MY BAKING ADDICTION
Reviews 105Servings 24
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - HANDLE THE HEAT
5/5 (3)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase the speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes, or until the mixture is completely smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the salt, peppermint extract, and cream and beat on medium for 1 minute, or until light and creamy, adding more cream if needed. Add in green gel food coloring, if desired, and beat until evenly colored.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - JUST SO TASTY
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 2 hrsCategory DessertCalories 386 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line 2 12-cavity muffin tins with cupcake liners. The recipe will make about 18-20 cupcakes total.
- First - whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt) in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream using a stand or hand-held electric mixer until combined and no sugar lumps remain. With the mixer on low speed add in about half of the flour mixture followed by half of the buttermilk until combined. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Repeat with the second half of the flour mixture and buttermilk until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan - you should end up with 18-20 cupcakes total. Bake for 15-17 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool fully before frosting.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Servings 24
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cocoa and 2 cups boiling water in a large heatproof bowl, stirring until blended and smooth; cool completely. Beat butter with a mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate extract.
- Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
- To prepare ganache, cook cream in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, just until it begins to steam (do not boil); remove from heat. Place chocolate in a glass bowl. Slowly add hot cream to chocolate, beating with a whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is well blended. The mixture will thicken as it cools. Makes about 2 cups.
- Fill each cupcake with Chocolate Ganache. To fill cupcakes, insert the end of a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of the cupcake to make a hole. Fill a zip-top plastic freezer bag with filling or frosting. Use scissors or kitchen shears to snip about 1/4 inch from one corner of the bag; insert bag into the hole in the cupcake. Squeeze gently until filling comes to the top of each cupcake.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES + BOXED CAKE MIX HACKS - BUTTER ...
Reviews 2Total Time 35 minsServings 24
- Optional- Also add 1 small box of pudding mix to the cake batter. I liked the taste of the cake when I add the pudding mix, but I think the cake is less delicate/ more substantial without the pudding mix. I don't add pudding mix often, but I did add it when I took these pictures.
THIN MINT CUPCAKES | MY BAKING ADDICTION
4.3/5 (34)Category ChocolateServings 12Total Time 45 mins
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Pour in half of these dry ingredients into the oil mixture and stir.
ANDES MINT CUPCAKES RECIPE | BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
4.5/5 (116)Total Time 45 minsCategory CupcakesCalories 106 per serving
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk, begin and end with the flour mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the paper-lined muffin pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few dry crumbs. Remove cupcakes immediately from pans, and cool completely on a wire rack.
ANDES MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES ⋆ SUGAR, SPICE AND GLITTER
Cuisine Dessert RecipeTotal Time 48 minsCategory Cupcake RecipesCalories 367 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line cupcake pan with St Patricks day themed cupcake liners (or whatever theme you choose).
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES • DANCE AROUND THE KITCHEN
Reviews 2Category Dessert, SnackServings 16
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda to your mixing bowl (I use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment). Stir until combined.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SWEETEST MENU
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with patty cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powders, baking soda, baking powder and then add the sugars – give it a stir. Pop the butter into the microwave for a short burst, 10 seconds or so at a time, until it is JUST melted. Give it a stir with a fork to eliminate any lumps.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla and butter and whisk together until smooth. Then add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, along with the buttermilk and gently fold until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared patty cases and pop into the oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through. Set cakes out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
CHOCOLATE MINT CHIP CUPCAKES - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 314 per serving
- Add in all wet ingredients and whisk together. Then using a rubber spatula, scrap down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure no dry flour remains and whisk again, vigorously for another minute or two until smooth.
- Fill each liner 2/3’s full and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
BEST MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES - BAKING BEAUTY
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 408 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl mix cocoa powder and baking soda. Pour boiling water over the mixture and stir until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl mix melted butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs until combined. Blend in cocoa mixture and heavy cream.
- Divide batter evenly between lined cupcake bakers. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH MINT CHIP FROSTING - SALLY'S ...
5/5 (3)Category CupcakesServings 14Total Time 3 hrs
- Over high heat, boil the water in a small saucepan. Pour the unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and mix with boiling water until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature by placing in the refrigerator as you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat only until *just* combined. In a steady stream, add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
EASY MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH MINT FILLING - ONE …
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 43 minsCategory DessertsCalories 426 per serving
- 1. Place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Add the extract. 2. Heat the cream until just simmering. Pour over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. 3. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside. 2. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Set aside. 3. Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with the paddle attachment at medium speed until incorporated. 4. Stir in the melted 2 oz chocolate. Mix until it is smooth. Add the eggs and egg yolks followed by the oil and vanilla. 5. Fold in the dry ingredients followed by the sour cream and water. 6. Divide the dough into your prepared liners, filling 3/4 full. Bake 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. 7. Cool completely.
CHOCOLATE MINT FRO-YO CUPCAKES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Calories 132 per servingTotal Time 3 hrs 20 mins
- Place cookies in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in melted butter. Press about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Combine frozen yogurt and peppermint extract in a medium bowl, stirring until well combined. Fill each muffin cup with a generous 1/4 cup of the mixture. Press a mint leaf on top, if desired. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - GOODIE GODMOTHER
Cuisine AmericanCategory Cakes And CupcakesServings 12Total Time 52 mins
- Place the butter and mint in a skillet over medium-low heat. Once the butter has completely melted, remove from the heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes before removing the mint leaves and transferring the butter to a bowl to cool and solidify. Cover and set aside.
- Melt the butter for the cupcakes and place in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Allow the butter to cool to room temperature.
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3.9/5 (232)Total Time 55 minsCategory Dessert,SnackCalories 286 per serving
CHOCOLATE MINT CUPCAKES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.7/5 (14)Occupation FounderCuisine AmericanServings 12
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
Reviews 41Estimated Reading Time 4 minsUser Interaction Count 43
BEST MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S ...
COOL AND FRESH MINT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE - LIFE TREE ...
CHOCOLATE MINT BROWNIES | RECIPELION.COM
CHOCOLATE MINT THINS FROM "LUCY'S FRIENDLY FOODS" AND ITS ...
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #healthy #cupcakes #desserts #cakes #dietary #low-cholesterol #healthy-2 #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Mint delicious cupcakes?Delicious cupcakes with a great minty flavour in the cake and the icing! Preheat the oven to 190 C (gas mark 5). To make the cupcakes, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream until smooth. Whisk the eggs separately, then add to the mixture along with the flour, until everything is mixed together.
What is the best recipe for a mint chocolate cake?This easy recipe from mint chocolate cupcakes is the perfect from-scratch cake recipe! Filled with mint ganache and topped with chocolate mint buttercream. 1. Place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Add the extract. 2. Heat the cream until just simmering. Pour over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. 3. Stir until smooth and set aside.
What is mint chip ice cream cupcakes?These are the softest, most delicious, most chocolate-y chocolate cupcakes. Then we’re topping it off with creamy, smooth mint buttercream frosting and sprinkling with chocolate chips. So you get all the delicious flavor of mint chip ice cream, without having to wait for ice cream weather. You see – growing up, mint chip ice cream was my favorite.
How do you decorate cupcakes with Peppermint frosting?Remove cupcakes immediately from pans, and cool completely on a wire rack. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, cream, and peppermint extract. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the food coloring. Beat until blended. Top the cupcake with the frosting. Decorate with chocolate mint candies if desired.