MOCHA CHOCOLATE ICEBOX CAKE
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, sugar, coffee liqueur, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and vanilla. Mix on low speed to combine and then slowly raise the speed, until it forms firm peaks.
- To assemble the cake, arrange chocolate chip cookies flat in an 8-inch springform pan, covering the bottom as much as possible. (I break some cookies to fill in the spaces.) Spread a fifth of the mocha whipped cream evenly over the cookies. Place another layer of cookies on top, lying flat and touching, followed by another fifth of the cream. Continue layering cookies and cream until there are 5 layers of each, ending with a layer of cream. Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a small sharp knife around the outside of the cake and remove the sides of the pan. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate, cut in wedges, and serve cold.
DARK CHOCOLATE MOCHA MOUSSE CAKE
Don't be put off by the number of steps needed to make this impressive-looking dessert. None of the steps themselves are hard, and once it's assembled, there is nothing to do but wait and slice. While delicious after an overnight refrigeration, even 5 days later it's still decadent, moist and incredibly chocolatey.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Butter a metal 8-inch square cake pan. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper; lightly butter the parchment. Combine the cocoa and espresso powders in a medium bowl. Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until the milk is steaming and the butter melts. Whisk into the cocoa mixture; let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until very pale, thick and pillowy, 5 to 8 minutes. Beat 30 to 45 more seconds to stabilize the egg foam.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in the cocoa mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the flour mixture in 2 additions. Beat just until the batter is smooth and no dry flour remains.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and gently tap against the counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out the cake onto a rack. Peel off the parchment but let it rest gently on top of the cake while it cools completely. Wipe the cake pan clean and reserve.
- Make the ganache: Combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, 4 ounces chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan. Gently cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until melted and smooth. Let cool.
- Make the mousse: Combine the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and 4 ounces chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until melted and smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup heavy cream and the gelatin powder in a small microwave- safe bowl. Let stand until the gelatin absorbs the liquid, about 5 minutes, then microwave until melted, 20 to 30 seconds, whisking. Let cool, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, the sugar and espresso powder in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed to dissolve the sugar, about 1 minute. Stream in the cooled gelatin mixture, then increase the speed to medium high and beat until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture in 2 or 3 batches until the mousse is well blended.
- Assemble the cake: Line the reserved cake pan with 2 crisscrossed strips of parchment paper (this will help you lift out the finished cake). Carefully slice the cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Lay the best layer cut-side up in the bottom of the pan and brush with some of the chocolate liqueur, if using. (Use a plate or small cutting board to move the layers; if your top cake layer is domed, use it for the middle of the cake.) Evenly spread half of the mousse on top with an offset spatula, all the way to the edges. Top with a second cake layer. Brush again with chocolate liqueur, then spread half of the ganache evenly on top. Add the final cake layer, cut-side up, and brush with the remaining liqueur. Top with the remaining mousse and ganache. (The assembled cake should fill the pan.)
- Refrigerate the cake until the top is set, about 30 minutes, then wrap the whole cake pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to set completely.
- Lift the cake out of the pan using the parchment pieces and transfer to a cutting board. Using a hot, dry serrated knife, slice the cake, wiping the knife in between cuts for clean edges.
FROZEN MOCHA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE
- For cake:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Lightly butter two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Line bottom of pans with parchment paper. Combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons water in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Remove from over water. Transfer chocolate to large bowl; cool 5 minutes. Whisk egg yolks into chocolate. Beat whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff and glossy. Fold 1/4 of whites into chocolate to lighten. Gently fold in remaining whites in 2 additions just until combined and being careful not to deflate batter.
- Divide batter between prepared pans (layers will be very thin). Bake until cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on rack 1 hour. Carefully invert cakes onto 9-inch-diameter cardboard rounds or tart pan bottoms. Cool cakes completely. Peel off parchment paper.
- For filling:
- Line 9-inch-diameter cake pan with 1 1/2-inch-high sides with plastic wrap, leaving 5-inch overhang. Whisk egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, and Kahlúa in medium metal bowl to blend. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Using electric mixer, beat until yolk mixture is thick and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 140°F for 3 minutes, about 9 minutes total. Remove bowl from over water. Continue to beat mixture until cool to touch, about 3 minutes. Beat whipping cream and espresso powder in another medium bowl until firm peaks form. Fold cream mixture into yolk mixture in 2 additions. Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff and glossy. Gently fold whites into yolk mixture in 2 additions. Fold in chopped chocolate. Carefully place 1 cake layer in prepared pan (cake layer is very delicate). Spread filling evenly over cake (filling layer will be thick). Top with second cake layer; press gently to adhere. Fold plastic overhang over cake, then cover with foil. Freeze cake overnight. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frozen.)
- For glaze:
- Bring first 3 ingredients to simmer in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Transfer 1/2 cup glaze to small bowl; chill until cool and very slightly thickened but easily spreadable (if too thick, glaze will not spread smoothly on frozen cake), about 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and plastic wrap from top of cake. Invert cake onto 9-inch-diameter cardboard round or tart pan bottom; place on rack set over rimmed baking sheet. Working quickly, spread thin layer of chilled glaze over top and sides of cake. Freeze until glaze is set, about 1 hour.
- Rewarm remaining glaze over low heat until just warm and pourable. Transfer to 1-cup measuring cup. Pour half of glaze over top of cake. Working quickly and using offset spatula, spread glaze over top, allowing excess to run down sides of cake; spread quickly over sides (glaze will harden quickly on frozen cake). Pour remaining glaze over top of cake; spread quickly and smoothly over top and sides. Sprinkle coffee beans around top edge of cake. Freeze until firm and glaze is set, at least 4 hours. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; keep frozen.)
- To serve, dip long thin sharp knife into hot water, then wipe dry and cut cake into wedges, pulling knife out at bottom of cake to avoid tearing glaze and repeating for each slice.
MOCHA CHOCOLATE FLOURLESS CAKE
The mocha flavored chocolate cake is sinfully rich! Even if you don't have to stick to a gluten free diet, this cake will quickly become one of your favorites. It is super easy, delicious even without the topping. Credit goes to my sister-in-law, who passed on this recipe to me. Good luck leaving it alone in the fridge overnight...I couldn't do it!
Provided by A-kayke
Yield 1 cake, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9" round pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Melt chocolate, sugar and butter in microwave. Stir until smooth. Add cold coffee. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour in prepared pan and bake 40 minutes until crust forms. Cool to room temperature. Chill overnight. Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481.4, Fat 40.6, SaturatedFat 24.7, Cholesterol 154, Sodium 245.6, Carbohydrate 33.9, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 25.3, Protein 7.1
CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, soda, and salt into a mixing bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in hot water, and add to mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes until smooth; batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto racks to cool completely.
- Frost cooled cake with Coffee Icing. After frosting, melt some semisweet chocolate baking squares or chips in a double boiler. Drizzle chocolate around top outside edges letting it run down sides, or over top of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.6 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Cholesterol 31.8 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 381.9 mg, Sugar 34.5 g
Without a doubt, this is the best chocolate cake I've ever made. I share this decadent dessert with everyone I can!-Katherine DeLoach, Visalia, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee and sour cream, beating well after each addition. , Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, coffee and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710 calories, Fat 34g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 528mg sodium, Carbohydrate 99g carbohydrate (73g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO CAKE
This stunner is a naturally gluten-free cake that has a smooth, ultra-rich texture. Packed with decadent dark chocolate and espresso, it's like the mocha latte of your dreams in dessert form. And we haven't even gotten to its best selling point: this cake is super easy to pull together, with only eight basic pantry ingredients and three simple steps.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Invert bottom of a 9-inch springform pan (so cake will slide easily onto serving plate) and line with a parchment round; butter parchment. Melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth, in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Beat together egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until thick and pale, about 3 minutes. Add espresso powder and salt; beat until combined, about 1 minute. Add vanilla and melted-chocolate mixture; beat about 1 minute more.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy. Increase speed to high; gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Fold into chocolate mixture in 3 batches. Transfer batter to pan and bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cake cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Remove side of pan; transfer cake to a serving plate. Serve glaze alongside cake.
LIGHT & FLUFFY CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly butter and line the bases of 2 x 18cm sandwich tins with baking paper. Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 mins with a tabletop mixer or 10 mins using an electric hand whisk. The mixture will have increased greatly in volume and be thick enough to leave a trail on the surface when the whisk blades are lifted.
- Sift the flour, cornflour, cocoa and baking powder over the surface and fold in gently using a large metal spoon. Divide between the tins, gently spreading the mixture to the edges, then bake for 15-20 mins until the cakes are well risen, have begun to shrink away from the sides of the tins and spring back when gently pressed. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 mins, then turn out onto a rack.
- To decorate, microwave the chocolate and coffee together on Medium for 20-30 secs until the chocolate has melted. Gently stir until smooth, then cool slightly. Beat the soft cheese with the yogurt and icing sugar until smooth, then spoon half the mixture into a small bowl stir in the melted chocolate and set aside. Place one cake on a serving plate and spread with the yogurt mixture. Cover with the other cake, then spread the chocolate yogurt mixture over the top.
- To finish, microwave the 15g chocolate on Medium for about 20 secs until melted. Stir gently until smooth, then drizzle all over the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.33 milligram of sodium
CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Cream the sugar and the shortening together until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Mix coffee and cocoa together until smooth. Add alternately with the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Beat for 2 minutes then pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Frost when cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 163.1 mg, Sugar 12.6 g
More about "mocha chocolate flourless cake recipes"
FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE WITH CREME ANGLAISE RECIPE
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 445 per serving
- Add 1 inch of hot water to a pan with at least two inch sides that is larger than your springform pan. (I use a 10-inch springform pan.)
MOCHA FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM …
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 3 hrs 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9” cake pan or 9” springform pan. (I also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.) Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each hit in the microwave.
- Heat heavy cream in the microwave or on the stove, until just below a boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips, and allow the mixture to stand 5 minutes. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Pour over the top of the cake, spreading to the edges (if some of the ganache drips down the side, that’s fine). Allow the ganache to set 1-2 hours (you can pop it in the fridge to speed up the process).
- With a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream and White Chocolate Pudding Mix until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar, and whip until the consistency of whipped cream. With a piping bag and star tip, pipe whipped cream onto the cake. Add raspberries onto the cake.
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE (WITH MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM)
4.8/5 (98)Category Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Make sure you have a bottom oven rack and a center oven rack in place for step 5. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan, line with a parchment paper round, then grease the parchment paper. Parchment paper helps the cake seamlessly release from the pan. The cake WILL stick unless it’s lined and generously greased. (Trust me!)
- Cut the butter into pieces so it melts evenly. Place in a large heat-proof bowl. Add chopped chocolate. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. Let cool for 2-3 minutes. You can use a double boiler for this step if desired.
- Whisk the sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs until smooth. The mixture will be heavy and tacky, like brownie batter. Whisk in the cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder (if using).
FLOURLESS ROSEMARY MOCHA CAKE – RECIPES FOR CLUB - RESORT CHEF
CHOCOLATE DEPRESSION CAKE WITH MOCHA BUTTERCREAM (EGGLESS, …
FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE WITH CREME ANGLAISE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
COCOA CRUMBLE-TOPPED CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE - AVERIE COOKS
GHIRARDELLI® FLOURLESS MOCHA TORTE RECIPE
20 EASY FLOURLESS CAKES FOR EVERY OCCASION - INSANELY GOOD
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE (WITH MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM)
FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE - BAKE AT 350
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA GANACHE | FEAST + WEST
FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE WITH CRèME ANGLAISE - NIELSEN-MASSEY
RECIPE: FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE - THECHARLOTTEMEI.COM
30 TOTALLY INDULGENT MOCHA DESSERT RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
NO-BAKE MOCHA ICE-BOX CAKE - WWW.THESCRANLINE.COM
DENSE AND CREAMY FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE - KETO BEGINNER
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE (WITH MOCHA WHIPPED CREAM)
FLOURLESS MOCHA CAKE WITH MOCHA SOUR CREAM GANACHE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA FROSTING | RECIPES - BAREFOOT CONTESSA
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE | MRFOOD.COM
FLOURLESS MOCHA CHOCOLATE CAKE - GLUTEN FREE CLUB
CHOCOLATE COFFEE FLOURLESS CAKE | THE LEMON APRON
EASY MOCHA KETO CHOCOLATE CAKE - WE EAT AT LAST
MOCHA CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING [VEGAN, …
RECIPES > BAKED GOODS > HOW TO MAKE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE …
GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE COMPANY
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE - GOOEY GOODNESS | PECKISH ME
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE RECIPE
FLOURLESS MOCHA WALNUT CAKE RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA SAUCE - RICARDO CUISINE
RECIPE: FLOURLESS MOCHA ALMOND CAKE - STARTRIBUNE.COM
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA BUTTERCREAM ICING
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CAKE - PILLSBURY BAKING
FLOURLESS RASPBERRY MOCHA CAKE - FOLGERS® COFFEE
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COFFEE MOUSSE - HOME COOKING …
CHOCOLATE MOCHA CAKE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Is there a flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream?Flourless Chocolate Cake (With Mocha Whipped Cream) This flourless chocolate cake is outrageously dense and fudgy! So, if you prefer a fudgy brownie over a fluffy cake, this one’s for you. It’s definitely decadent, but the mocha whipped cream on top does a fine job at offsetting the cake’s richness.
What are the best flourless cakes?If you search for flourless cakes, the top results will likely be chocolate. They’re the most famous and the most delicious! The reason is that cocoa powder acts a little bit like flour. So it brings some structure to the mixture, though it’s still gluten-free. This decadent chocolate cake is topped with a thick layer of silky chocolate ganache.
What is the best way to make a chocolate cake?Melt chocolate and butter together. Whisk in the sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla then whisk in the eggs. Whisk in the dry ingredients and pour batter into cake pan. Create a steamy oven.
Is chocolate cake gluten free?This dark, rich, and deliciously moist flourless chocolate cake is naturally gluten free. A 1 bowl cake recipe without any special tools, decorating, or assembly required, this is chocolate cake MADE EASY. With its fudge-like texture, it satisfies even the biggest chocolate craving. Top however you’d like or with my favorite mocha whipped cream.