MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE)
- 1. Mix stuffing ingredients and set aside in refrigerator. 2. Prepare chitterlings (below). 3. Tie one end of the chitterlings with ordinary cotton thread, fill loosely with stuffing. Shape like a sausage, by tying thread every 10 cm, again keeping the filling very loose. 4. Place in pot with mastic grains, cardamom seeds, and salt and pepper. 5. Cover completely with water, and boil for 30-40 minutes; strain. 6. Immediately, before serving, deep fry until golden brown. 7. Removes threads, cut at intersections, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve warm on a bed of parsley. *Preparation of Chitterlings 1. Take the amount needed of *beef chitterlings* and clean thoroughly by opening the *mouth* of the chitterlings over the water tap and turn the water on *full blast* for a few minced. 2. Turn chitterlings inside out. Place on smooth surface and, with blunt knife, scrape well, turning over on both sides to completely clean. 3. Stir flour in water and rub each chitterlings in mixture. 4. Rinse several times. Turn inside out again and rinse. 5. The chitterlings is now prepared for stuffing.
EGYPTIAN STYLE STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES (MASHY CRUMP)
These are a bit time consuming to make, but believe once you make, you will be asked to make again and again. This is vegetarian, but you could add a bit of cooked ground beef to rice stuffing mixture, but awesome even without. Many mediterraen countries make these, but this recipe is authentic Egyptian preparation. Enjoy!
Provided by cooking in cairo...
Categories Short Grain Rice
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Rice stuffing mixture:.
- On top of stove, put a good amount oil or butter; add chopped onion and pureed onion sauté. Add garlic when onions almost finished not to burn.
- Add a spoon of tomato paste and stir around until all coated.
- Add pureed tomato, a few drops of water and cook until liquid is almost gone. It should be a little thick, not too watery. You can add some salt to taste to this too.
- Set aside.
- Put washed rice in mixing bowl. Add the above tomato mixture. Add raw, chopped greens- parsley, dill and cilantro. Its okay to chop some of their stems, gives the mixture more flavor. Add a little canola oil.
- Add all spices and dry mint. Take 1 chicken bouillon cube and crush it, add to rice.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended set aside. Try to taste, will be raw I know, but you can taste and not swallow rice. Adjust seasonings. Salt is most important, if too salty, don't worry, once cooked it will lessen.
- Cooking Cabbage:.
- This is the trickiest part. I have not yet found the perfect way, but my way has been working alright...here it goes.
- Wash the head of cabbage well. With a paring knife, gently cut around core, loosening it a bit. Try to cup deep, but try not to cut leaves, or separate at this point.
- Using a large pot, fill with water, and a few dashes of cumin. Once boiling, add the head of cabbage, with core facing up.
- As the cabbage starts to cook, with a knife, gently pull away leaves from core and cook until a bit soft, but not translucent.
- So you will have the large head of cabbage in pot and you will be cutting leaves and letting them boil alone aside the head. (Hope this makes sense.).
- When the leaves are a bit soft, tender not translucent, remove to a large tray.
- Continue this until all cabbage is cooked.
- You will have the very small leaves towards inside core, you will be able to use some of these, but some maybe too small. I usually make a cabbage salad with these.
- Once the leaves are cool, you will begin to stuff.
- Rolling/stuffing the cabbage:.
- Prepare a large pot, put some oil in bottom of pot to coat.
- Slice 1 large tomato thinly and place on bottom of pot. You will arrange cabbage in this pot as you roll.
- Take a cabbage leaf and cut from the bottom, where core starts.
- Cut away the hard core and reserve the two sides from leaf making a pile.
- Save a few of the cores stems as well.
- Tricky but you are trying to get a pliable leaf for rolling.
- You want to make the leaf small, cutting a half of the leaf in half. The end result should be size of small cigar.
- Don't worry about how they look, they will not be real tight and they may seem like the rice will come out, just close as best you can, they will be fine.
- So with leaf laying flat, spoon a small amount of rice onto leaf, fold up bottom and roll like a cigar. Don't worry the ends will be open, but cook ok. Some rice may boil out but not much trust me.
- Roll all until leaves are finished.
- Once all rolled and arranged in pot, add a crushed chicken bouillon cube. As you are arranging in pot, you can put a few of the core stems in between layers to help stay in place.
- Take approximately 3 cups water and mix with tomato paste, pour over cabbage. Water should reach just above cabbage. If not enough, add more water.
- Take an old plate, invert it over cabbage to keep from moving too much.
- Put on high, bring to a boil, cook for about 10 minutes, then turn to a lower simmer and cover.
- Should cook for approximately an hour or so, you can check it periodically by tasting to see if rice is cooked inside.
- Once cooked let sit for a little to cool a bit before removing from pot.
- When ready to remove, take a large serving platter, put over top of pot, then flip pot to empty onto platter. Be careful and do over sink if you are unsure. Its easy but take s a little practice.
- Remove core stems, fix tomatoes that are on top, to look presentable.
- *** LEFTOVER TIP: THE NEXT DAY PREPARE THE LEFTOVERS THIS WAY -- PUT SOME BUTTER INTO A PAN, FRY THE STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN ON ALL SIDES. SUPER TASTY, ENJOY! ***.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206.5, Fat 0.8, SaturatedFat 0.2, Cholesterol 0.1, Sodium 1659.3, Carbohydrate 45.4, Fiber 6, Sugar 7, Protein 5.7
BEEF BRACIOLE (STUFFED ITALIAN BEEF ROLL) RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: bread crumbs, shredded pecorino romano cheese, fresh basil, shredded provolone cheese, fresh italian parsley, garlic, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil, flank steak, canola oil, butter, medium carrot, small onion, celery, dry white wine, crushed tomato, dried bay leaves, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, orecchiette pasta, fresh basil
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecorino Romano, ½ cup (20 g) chopped basil, provolone, parsley, 5 minced cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, and the olive oil. Stir and set aside.
- Lay the flank steak on a cutting board. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Cover the the meat with a sheet of parchment paper. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the steak until it's ¼ inch (6 mm) thick.
- Remove the parchment and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the steak.
- Starting from the bottom, roll the meat into a log. Using butcher's twine, tie up the roll so it holds its shape while cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the steak roll and, without moving it, cook until a dark brown crust forms on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the roll and repeat until all sides and the ends have been seared. Remove the roll from the pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the butter, carrot, onion, celery, remaining 3 cloves of garlic, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir to loosen any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook until the wine reduces and the pan is slightly dry again.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Return the beef roll to the pot. Cover and bake for 1 hour, flipping the roll halfway through (if the sauce is drying up too much, add more crushed tomatoes or water), until the beef is tender.
- Slice the braciole and arrange on a serving platter with the sauce. Serve the braciole with orecchiette or polenta. Garnish with grated pecorino Romano and fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 634 calories, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 8 grams
BRACIOLA - BRACIOLE (ITALIAN STUFFED BEEF ROLLS)
Wonderful cheese-stuffed beef rolls simmered in pasta sauce. A great Sunday afternoon meal. I serve with a side of pasta and fresh steamed veggies.
Provided by jenpalombi
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pound the steak very thin and cut into 4 pieces.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece, then top with parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Roll each piece up tightly and secure with a string.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and brown the rolls evenly on each side.
- Drop them in your favorite pasta sauce and allow them to simmer for 2 hours or until tender and cooked through. (The meat will add a wonderful flavor to your sauce!).
- Remove the strings and serve.
- (Alternative: Assemble and brown the beef rolls the night before and store them in the fridge. Then drop the rolls and the sauce in your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours the next day).
STUFFED BEEF & SAUSAGE SHELLS RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by á-18433
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350* Cook sausage and ground beef together until done. In a large bowl mix, sauce & water. Pour 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. In another bowl mix cream cheese, 1 Cup Italian cheese, parmesean cheese and egg. Mix well the add the cooked meat. Spoon heaping tablespoons of mixture into each cooked shell. Arrange in baking dish and top with remaining sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remainder of the italian cheese and put back in oven for 6-8 minutes.
More about "mombar mahshy stuffed beef sausage recipes"
MOMBAR MAHSHY - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
EASY SAUSAGE DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TOP 10 STREET FOOD YOU MUST TRY IN EGYPT - TRIP101
BEEF SAUSAGE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SHEIKH EL MAHSHI (شيخ المحشي ) RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE) - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
SAUSAGE STUFFED BEEF ROULADEN WITH BEER SAUCE RECIPE
SAUSAGE STUFFED BEEF ROULADEN WITH BEER SAUCE - BIGOVEN
MAHSHI - TRADITIONAL AND AUTHENTIC EGYPTIAN RECIPE | 196 …
EGYPTIAN MOMBAR SAUSAGES - I LOVE ARABIC FOOD
MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE)
MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE)
MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE) - TOUR EGYPT
MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE) - PLAIN.RECIPES
EASY RECIPE FOR MAHSHY EGYPTIAN STUFFED VEGETABLES (FEAT
WIKIZERO - MOMBAR
MOMBAR - WIKIPéDIA
MOMBAR MAHSHY (STUFFED BEEF SAUSAGE)
RECIPE | LEBANESE STUFFED COURGETTES (KOUSA MAHSHI)
14 BEEF SAUSAGE RECIPES YOU CAN TRY TONIGHT - THE RUSTY SPOON
MOMBAR (TRADITIONAL SAUSAGE) (FROZEN) – BELHANA.CA
STUFFED SAUSAGES RECIPE | STAY AT HOME MUM
MAHSHY MOMBAR RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
MOMBAR MAHSHY | RECIPE | FAKEAWAY RECIPES HEALTHY, EGYPTIAN …
MOMBAR EGYPTIAN RECIPE VEAL INTESTINE STUFFED RICE # ... - YOUTUBE
MAKE BEEF SAUSAGE YOURSELF – VERY TASTY AND EASY TO MAKE
MOMBAR - WIKIPEDIA
MOMBAR RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STUFFED SAUSAGE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
GROUND BEEF AND SAUSAGE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPES
ENWIK > MOMBAR
HOW TO MAKE BEEF SAUSAGES AT HOME - FURIOUSGRILL.COM
RICE STUFFED VEGGIES AKA MAHSHI - AMIRA'S PANTRY
HOT EATS AND COOL READS: GROUND BEEF AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE …
SAUSAGE RECIPES - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
BANANA BUTTER CANNING RECIPES
MOMBAR: AN EGYPTIAN LABOUR OF LOVE | SBS FOOD
39 HOMEMADE IDEAS | FOOD, RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
STUFFED PEPPERS WITH SAUSAGE AND GROUND BEEF RECIPES
You'll also love