ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP I
- In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion powder; shape into 3/4 inch balls.
- In large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in escarole, orzo pasta, chopped carrot and meatballs. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.3 calories, Carbohydrate 43.3 g, Cholesterol 86.8 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 1211 mg, Sugar 4 g
MOM'S ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
Our mom's version of Italian wedding soup - little meatballs simmered in broth with greens and eggs. Comfort in a bowl.
Provided by Michele Becci
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix the onion, garlic, egg, salt together in a large bowl. Add the ground pork (or mixture of pork and beef, if using), Parmesan and a few grinds of pepper. Mix together. (Cook's note: I usually fry up a little meatball at this stage in order to be sure I have the seasoning right. This gives you a chance to adjust seasoning before you shape them all!) Using your hands, shape into little meatballs - approximately 1 inch in size. Place on cookie sheet or tray.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add the meatballs to the broth and cook until they are almost cooked through (about 5 minutes). Spoon any foam off the top.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese in a small bowl to blend. Using a wooden spoon, stir the soup in a circular motion. Slowly add the egg mixture to the soup, using the spoon to gently stir the eggs into thin threads in the broth.
- Add greens to the broth. Cook until wilted - about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle into warmed bowls and serve with plenty of Parmesan cheese and crusty Italian bread.
MOM'S HOMEMADE ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
This hearty soup is perfect year round- wintertime for a warmup or room temp in the summer made with fresh spinach. Either ground turkey or ground beef may be used for the meatballs
Provided by Keeferop
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook 2 chicken breasts in boiling water until cooked through. Dice or shred into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Cook Acini di Pepe. Set aside.
- Combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, parsley, grated parm, and breadcrumbs. Form into marble size meatballs.
- Bring 10cups of chicken to a boil and add meatballs. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add thawed spinach and cooked chicken. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs with cheese and add very slowly drop by drop. Add drained pasta. Cook 10 minutes. Serve.
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
For a warm bowl of Italian comfort, try Giada De Laurentiis' Italian Wedding Soup recipe, studded with tasty little beef-pork meatballs.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make the meatballs: Stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1-inch-diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.
- To make the soup: Bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and curly endive and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through and the curly endive is tender, about 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a medium bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Finish soup with parmesan cheese if desired.
MAMA'S ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls and set aside.
- In a large stockpot heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and meatballs are no longer pink inside. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Cholesterol 70.5 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 1045.1 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
QUICK ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
Here's a quick and hearty soup that's a tried-and-true favorite with Sherri Perfett's family in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. "My husband and two preschoolers love the combination of chicken broth, seasoned meatballs and spinach," writes this busy flight attendant who's away from home three to four days a week. "And since it freezes so well, I often make extra to be sure I always have some on hand."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and chicken to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove the chicken and set aside., In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well., Shape into 1-in. balls; add to broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Skim fat., Add pasta, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning to soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones and shred meat. Add the chicken, spinach and remaining cheese to soup and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 1056mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
FAVORITE ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
I enjoyed a similar soup for lunch at work one day and decided to re-create it at home. I love the combination of meatballs, vegetables and pasta.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. , Place meatballs on a greased rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until no longer pink. , Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, spinach, basil, soup mix, ketchup, thyme and bay leaves. , Drain meatballs on paper towels. Bring soup to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add pasta; cook 13-15 minutes longer or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379 calories, Fat 24g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 107mg cholesterol, Sodium 1016mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
More about "moms homemade italian wedding soup recipes"
BEST ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN WEDDING …
WINTER ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - MOMTASTIC.COM
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP – AMY ROLOFF
QUICK ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
CLASSIC ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - COOKING CLASSY
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP | A MIND "FULL" MOM
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
EASY ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - MADE TO BE A MOMMA
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - THE COOKING MOM
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - PARENTING ADVICE FOR MOMS WHO …
MOM'S ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - BIGOVEN
THE EASIEST 4-INGREDIENT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP EVER - HOLLEY GRAINGER
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - MARIN MAMA COOKS
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - SAVORING ITALY
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP (RECIPE) - ENGINEERMOMMY.COM
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - RECIPES FROM MOTHER TO SON
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
ONE POT AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP (MOMS) - BIGOVEN.COM
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - TODAY'S PARENT
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP | FOODTALK
MAMA’S ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
QUICK ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - THREE MANY COOKS
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - LICK YOUR BOWL WORTHY! - IOWA GIRL EATS
CROCKPOT EASY ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE · THE TYPICAL MOM
10 BEST ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPES - COUNTRY LIVING
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE | BY LEIGH ANNE WILKES
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - MOTHER EARTH LIVING
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE WITH LITTLE MEATBALLS - CHRISTINA'S …
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - KING ARTHUR BAKING
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
HOMEMADE ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
VEGAN ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP - BEST OF VEGAN
CLASSIC ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
You'll also love