GRANDMA REGGIES CHOPPED LIVER
- Cook onions in oil with 3 teaspoon salt in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 15 minutes, then transfer to a bowl. Cook chicken livers with water in covered skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer livers to a plate and cool to room temperature. Discard liquid.
- Grind livers through meat grinder into bowl. Then grind eggs into bowl.
- Add onions to liver and stir mixture well. If mixture is crumbly, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to make creamy. Season with salt.Add onions to liver and stir mixture well.
MOCK (VEGETARIAN) CHOPPED LIVER
Adapted from Arthur Schwartz's Jewish Home Cooking. Canned green beans may be substituted for fresh. If using fresh beans, be sure they are cooked all the way through and are tender, not tender-crisp or al dente. Cook time is chilling time.
Provided by Chocolatl
Yield 7 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons salt and all the beans.
- Return to a boil and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and toss to coat with oil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 10 minutes, tossing once after 5-6 minutes.
- Uncover and stir.
- Cook, stirring and scraping occasionally, for 20-30 minutes, depending on how brown you want them.
- Place half the onions, half the walnuts, half the beans, and half the eggs in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture is fine but not pasty, scraping bowl as needed.
- Repeat with remaining onions, walnuts, beans and eggs.
- Place both batches in a bowl and add the pepper and remaining salt.
- Tightly cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
NOT YOUR GRANDMA'S CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVER
After working this recipe for years, it's finally ready to share. Suspect even those who don't enjoy liver might change their minds after tasting this on homemade crackers, toast, or bagels. I like it for light summer lunches or as an appetizer. The reduced bourbon/vermouth deglazing step adds an adult zing that rocks my world. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs or cucumber slices.
Provided by Anonymous
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, stir, and saute until onions are softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Transfer onions to a food processor, leaving as much butter in the pan as you can.
- Fry livers in the hot butter until lightly browned on 1 side, about 4 minutes. Turn and continue frying until slightly pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes more. Add livers to the food processor with the onions.
- Pour bourbon into the same skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Boil until thickened and reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Pour liquid into the food processor.
- Combine eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper in the food processor with the liver mixture. Process until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 147.9 mg, Fat 4.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 113.9 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
MOCK CHOPPED LIVER
Mock chopped liver in this recipe is made out of lentils. This dish tastes just like the real thing without the cholesterol of real liver! Serve mounded on a platter with crackers.
Provided by MDHEARST
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place water, lentils, and bouillon cubes in a pot. Cover pot and cook about 30 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Heat oil in skillet, saute onion until it becomes translucent.
- In an electric food processor, grind lentils, onions and walnuts until your desired consistency for the pate is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387.1 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 0.3 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 17.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 581.4 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
MOM'S VEGETABLE CHOPPED LIVER
- 1. Sautée onions in olive oil, until soft but not browned 2. Pureé everything in food processor 3. Season with salt and pepper and add mayo (optionally) for moisture.
More about "moms vegetable chopped liver recipes"
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER - BLYTHES BLOG
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER – LEORA WENGER - SKETCHING OUT BLOG
SPICY LIVER AND VEGETABLE STEW (MY FAMILY'S RECIPE)
GAIL SIMMONS SHARES HER MOM'S CLASSIC RECIPE FOR CHOPPED …
MOM'S CHOPPED LIVER | CHOPPED LIVER, LIVER RECIPES, CHICKEN LIVER …
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
VEGETARIAN "LIVER" RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GREEN BEAN WALNUT VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER WITH LENTILS - MOTHER WOULD …
AUNT BEV'S VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER - WHOLE FOOD MEATLESS RECIPE
MOM'S CHOPPED LIVER - BIGOVEN.COM
MOM’S CHOPPED LIVER – DELICIOUS BY DESIGN
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER FOR PASSOVER AND ALL YEAR …
MOCK CHOPPED LIVER, A SIMPLE VEGETARIAN DIP - SIMPLE GRAY T-SHIRT
CHOPPED LIVER - TRADITIONAL JEWISH DELI-STYLE LIVER RECIPE
MY BUBI'S CHOPPED LIVER - HOMEMADE MOMMY
VEGAN MOCK CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
MAMA’S CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVER – LAUREN GROVEMAN
MOM'S CHOPPED LIVER - DONNALCAMPBELL.COM
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER | FOOD CHANNEL
HOW TO MAKE CHOPPED LIVER - THE MAMA MAVEN BLOG
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER - WHAT JEW WANNA EAT
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER – MAMA LIVING ABROAD
THIS MOCK 'CHOPPED LIVER' IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
RECIPE: VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER WITH SHALLOTS - KITCHN
VEGGIE CHOPPED LIVER - LEAVE IT TO BUBBE
VEGAN CHOPPED LIVER - WORLD OF VEGAN
MOCK CHOPPED LIVER FOR VEGETARIANS - JAMIE GELLER
MOM'S CHOPPED LIVER - THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN IN OUR FAMILY FOR …
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER - REFORM JUDAISM
MY GRANDMOTHER’S CHOPPED LIVER - THE WASHINGTON POST
GRANDMA’S VEGAN CHOPPED “LIVER” - RESPONSIBLE EATING AND …
THE BEST VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE - REDEFINING ALL DIETS
MOM'S VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
PASSOVER VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
CHOPPED LIVER THE REAL MCCOY - DIPS AND SPREADS RECIPES
VEGETARIAN CHOPPED LIVER FOR YOUR MEATLESS PASSOVER
LIGHTER CHOPPED LIVER RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
You'll also love